Free level

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
Last thursday I used the free level on one of my chars, 44 to 45 on my cleric. Last night 1 week later I dinged to 46, I thought I would be rdy for a new free level ?
Friday now and still nothing, Is it 1 week after I leveled again or ?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
It seems very fishy to me. The other day, I dinged my Shaman level 43, and he immediately got a free level upon dinging. :eek7: Maybe it would help if you could get some indication of when you will get your next level.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
My 47 cleric got 47-48 free the other day after being 47 for about a month :p

47-48 is supposed to be the last free lvl you get. :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Influenza said:
My 47 cleric got 47-48 free the other day after being 47 for about a month :p

47-48 is supposed to be the last free lvl you get. :)

So your cleric just randomly got a free level?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
on the US servers you are able to type /free and it tells you when your free level is available

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Well apparently it was supposed to be that you got 47-48 but when they patched to 1.71 it didnt work so they did a hotfix for it.
I know we didnt get it with 1.71 and goa were working on it with mythic , so maybe they updated it server side at the start of this week and thats why i got.

There was a post from one of the goa people (requiel i think) about it in another topic on here a few weeks ago.

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
I got 47-48 on my nerco aswell, but that is not what this topic is about.

edit: /free doesnt work btw

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
"Originally Posted by Patch notes 1.71
The Enhanced Leveling System

Now that Camelot is nearly three years old, the bulk of our players are above level 35. Because of this it is becoming more challenging for casual gamers and low-level players to find groups, which can result in long leveling times and frustration. As such, we have implemented changes to the leveling system that will help all players level faster, no matter what server they play on. These changes are intended to be especially helpful to casual gamers and low-level players, allowing them to gain levels faster and more steadily.

- All characters will now be granted enough experience for a free level every seven days, if the character has attained a level by regular play in that time. In other words, if you play your character and gain at least one level in a seven day period, your character will be given enough experience for the next level free. "

Im on day 8 now :eek6:

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
In the Friday news this week:

Free levels since the maintenance run on Tuesday maintenance
Good news for the characters who reach 47th level : the free level enabling them to reach 48th level is now available

Though getting a free level at time of a ding is nothing strange, it just means it has gone at least a period since you last dinged. :)

Chi

Fledgling Freddie
thought it also has to do something with underpopulated realms

i get free lvl every 2 days and if i'm rite its 7 days for the other realms

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Chi said:
thought it also has to do something with underpopulated realms

i get free lvl every 2 days and if i'm rite its 7 days for the other realms
how much ballshit is that if your on pryd your not even underpopulated in RvR more like over pop.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
its actually worrying me the free level. cos i got one last week on my wiz..... BUT when my wiz dings 44 i want to goto BG for a bit. but if i get my AUTO free level same time i speak to trainer.. i wont be aboe to goto bg cos it will automatically makeme lvl45 hence to high for bg :( and fc i dont wnana miss out on all the free exp.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Its possible that that you need to quite literally gain one full levels worth of experience within a seven day period to qualify for the free level, and a direct interpretation of the rules would suggest this. This would mean that if you used your free level on thursday at 8PM, then gained nine and a half bubbles over the next 168 hours - by the next thursday 8PM, and then gained the remaining half a bubble by 9PM, you would NOT qualify for the free level.

However I've found this not to be true - On one char I gained something like half a level in a couple of days, then was away for 2 weeks, and as soon as I gained the remaining half a bubble, I got the free level. That's one level of exp over about 17 days.

From this point of view you shouldnt be having any probs, but like I said, a strict interpretaion of the rules could produce no free level, so perhaps the code, like the rules is ambiguous, leading to inconsistency.

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
whats happened to me is say i lvled my uber necro two weeks ago, when a lvl up normally ill get my free lvl straight away, so basically it seems to me that at any time you lvl AFTER 7 days it will give you the free lvl, but then if u lvl straight away fater the free lvl you willl have to wait until another 7 days has gone since you last FREE lvl

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It's very simple.
Let's assume that for your realm and server, the free level period is seven days. It can be less if you're on an underpopulated realm.
Every time you ding a level the game checks to see when your last free level was. If it was more than seven days ago, you get a popup telling you that you have a free level due. Also when you get a free level, a timer starts counting down from 7 days. When it reaches 0, the game checks to see if you have gained a normal level since your last free one. If you have, then you get a popup telling you that you are eligible for a free level.

For example: Let's say you get a free level on sunday afternoon taking you to level 35. You play all week and get to level 39 by the following sunday. The game checks that sunday afternoon, finds that you've gained at least one normal level and awards you a free one to 40. If you didn't play very much and were still level 35 by the following sunday, the next time you dinged after that you'd be awarded a free level straight away. You only gain a free level if you've gained at least one normal level since your last free one and you haven't had a free level for at least a week.

You don't need to earn ten full bubbles, you just need to be one character level higher than you were when you got your last free level. The code is not 'ambiguous' it simply checks for two conditions and if they are both true awards you a free level. You can be level 10 with 9.99 bubbles after you get your free level, kill one mob to take you to 11 and still be eligible for a free level a week later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom