Free energy

Stanny

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.steorn.net

Steorn’s technology appears to violate the ‘Principle of the Conservation of Energy’, considered by many to be the most fundamental principle in our current understanding of the universe. This principle is stated simply as ‘energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it can only change form’.

Steorn is making three claims for its technology:

The technology has a coefficient of performance greater than 100%.
The operation of the technology (i.e. the creation of energy) is not derived from the degradation of its component parts.
There is no identifiable environmental source of the energy (as might be witnessed by a cooling of ambient air temperature).

Any thoughts?

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Sceptical as hell as every scientific principal I've ever studied suggests that their claim is BS...

However, many scientific 'facts' have been proved wrong over the years so there's always a chance...

If true, it would change the world and how we work forever...

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
i think its BULLSHIT!! Energy cannot be created or disaper, BUT it can change state and quality level. example when we charge or cellephone and pay our electrisity bill. we DO NOT pay the power plants to create energy, we pay them to give uss an amouny of energy in a state and quality that are usefull for electical systems. Nuclear power plants transform mass into energy, someone calls that to "create" energy but since mass and energy is the same, only in two different forms, we dont realy "create" anything at all.
When we charge our cellephone with the electrisity that energy is LOST not REMOVED. when it is lost it has gone over in mostly heat and cannot be used to anything usefull today.

In the matter of fact the amount of energy in the universe is zero!
All the energy forms for positvie energy in the universe, like our selfs, the stars, our movement, our electrisity etc is equal to the amount of negative energy, potensial energy! And the total amount of energy in the universe will remain zero.

It just wouldnt make sence at all if we could use energy (when energy is used it DOES NOT disappear but change state, often into heat), and after we had used it, it would remain in the same state and quality. It dosnt fit with the laws of physics at all !

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
snushanen said:
It dosnt fit with the laws of physics at all !

It doesn't fit with what we perceive the laws of physics to be...

Lets face it, it wasn't that long ago scientists KNEW that the atom was the smallest particle in existance, then discovered the proton and the neutron which we KNEW were as small as you got...

We only knew about the existance of smaller particles quarks, leptons etcfrom the 1970's onward. And it's not as if we've known about antiprotons or antineutrons for that long either...

Our understanding of teh Laws of physics care constantly challenged, questioned and proved wrong. Take Stephen Hawkins as an example. Some of his theories which had been accepted as scientific fact have been proved wrong fairly recently...

It's very possible that our understanding of the nature of energy is also wrong.

It all reminds me of a quote from MiB
MiB said:
"1500 years ago, everyone knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everyone knew that the Earth was flat. 15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow."

Stanny

Fledgling Freddie
I'm about to do an Mphys, I understand that energy can't be created or destroyed. This "free energy" talk could really screw up my course if it is proved correct :p

In no way do I believe that energy can be created, however, many laws that were once "proved" have now been unproved.

For example, time dilation kinda shocked a few people.

Iphis

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds too good to be true .... and looking through that site they have not really mentioned how they have done it...a micro generator whos configurations happen to make its more than 100% effecient, im supposed to throw out all ive learnt about physics on that ?

But hey if it is true a certain company is about to become very very rich :p

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL we have been validated, but those who have validated us cannot be named, honest we have gov! the fairies came in blew some magic dust on our imaginary generators, and al lof a sudden things turn BY THEMSELVES and generate FREE power! just enter your email address and we'll sell your adress to many advertising com..erm, i mean, send you the published report once its done.

as you can see from THIS page:

http://www.steorn.net/Challenge.aspx

we may EVEN move onto phase one of validation tomorrow, where we will find out and confirm if we do indeed have over 100% efficiency...you do believe us right?

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Wonder if anyone's looked up the electricity bill for their office yet?

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:
It doesn't fit with what we perceive the laws of physics to be...

Lets face it, it wasn't that long ago scientists KNEW that the atom was the smallest particle in existance, then discovered the proton and the neutron which we KNEW were as small as you got...

We only knew about the existance of smaller particles quarks, leptons etcfrom the 1970's onward. And it's not as if we've known about antiprotons or antineutrons for that long either...

Our understanding of teh Laws of physics care constantly challenged, questioned and proved wrong. Take Stephen Hawkins as an example. Some of his theories which had been accepted as scientific fact have been proved wrong fairly recently...

It's very possible that our understanding of the nature of energy is also wrong.

It all reminds me of a quote from MiB

yes we will certantly discover loads of stuff about our physics that are different. Maybe quarks and leptons arnt the smallest particles, maybe we will find a theory combing gravity and quantum physics (GTU). Who knows? But look at newtons laws, they were discovered in the 1500s and still are valid laws. Because every experiment we do is following the laws. Just like with energy.

Every time we use a battery in an eletrical system, the battery flattens out and stops working because all the electrons in the negative side has moved to the positive side. this has happend EVERY time so far we have tried it and therfor i think infinate usable energy is BS. This is confirmed by the termodynamic law (order in a system wil with time transfer into chaos) If we have a battery with a negative charged side and a positive charged side, we have much order and when all the electrons have jumped from one side to the other side we have low order. There are just to much in physics that have to fail or be proven wrong before we have our infinate battery our power source.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Conservation of energy is quite fundamental, and is probably not broken in this case, wich means the energy originates from some source yet to be identified.

If its true that is :>

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
Something similar (I think ..) was tried by Nikola Tesla.
People can dream ;), interested in seeing the scientists response after testing.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
BAsic rule of science? Anything can be proven wrong.

So stop with your "This can't be real 'cause someone said it's like this!" arguments.

What i'm curious about is how it can give more then 100% because 100% of any given device is it's maximum... :eek7:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
BAsic rule of science? Anything can be proven wrong.

So stop with your "This can't be real 'cause someone said it's like this!" arguments.

What i'm curious about is how it can give more then 100% because 100% of any given device is it's maximum... :eek7:

I'm guessing 100% is the capability now and by going over 100%, they are increasing past the capability present.

Stanny

Fledgling Freddie
I reckon that the device can tap into a source of energy that we cannot detect and manipulate. Therefore, energy is not being created but it would simulate that.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
DocWolfe said:
never trust the irish.
LOL I READ THAT AS: never thrust the irish! xD

Edit: sorry for going off-topic but I laughed abit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom