Free DAoC

Would you like the expansions up to SI free?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
judas said:
give free DR as its a crap expalision.
and give free master levels as they suck to do.
oh and ofc /lvl20 even if u dont have a lvl50 char as it only makes it harder for newbies to enter the game.

lol, dont think you understood

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Darzil said:
Best way to introduce new players into the game is to get to know them. There are plenty of new players, but when they find out how elitest RvR and bigs raids tend to be, I couldn't blame them for being put off.

I can't help but think that the community that powerlevels, doesn'tt want to group with people without great templates/RR abilities/MLs etc, and flames people who don't play the game their way (whichever way that happens to be), isn't entirely welcoming for newcomers.

There are of course guilds and people who don't behave like that, but if you listen here and in BG's, you'd think that most do.

Darzil

Totally agree, also voted no. People who don't have a financial contribution/connection to a game tend to have little respect/consideration/care for the game either - as anyone whose ever played a free MUD versus a pay-to-play MUD would no doubt testify.

Don't really want people like that playing thanks.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
let GoA/mythic host a free shard like the millons of others out there but with only SI and classic that way if they scam or need a daoc asbo then we dont get affected by them on the real servers that you pay for :)

this would start there habbit and they would need to pay sooner or later and the command to transfer a toon accross servers is in the game software all ready (they use it in the usa)

didnt vote either way btw as i would nt want freebie account scamming and ripping peeps off on the main servers but i do like the idea

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
UndyingAngel said:
It will never happen,

1, SI client is no longer supported
2, GOA want your money
3, it would bring new people into the game who have never tyed it which would be a good idear and GOA never do anything that could boost the player base.

The only game I know that does this is Anarchy Online which gives you a year free if you do not use any of teh expansions.

theres a online RTS game called shattered galaxy that have this also.

their limitations on the free accounts is 10% less damage and unable to max the stats.

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
I'd much rather have no sub cost and then pay for expansions. I miss playing my ranger alot but i do not want to pay for his bot account anymore. Its silly having to pay 2 accounts to play one.

I'd love to always be able to play daoc whenever i feel like it when its free. Then buy the expansions when they are out.

I think alot of people dont like the bot issue anyway though they'd not be to bothered if they didnt have to pay for a 2nd account in the first place.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
There are many ways for "free" accounts. Like cupouns included with other games that are good for say, 3 months. Or DAoC can be included in the services you can use for a "super pass" that is good for online services related to many different games (EA can do that, and EA owns Mythic now).

But getting new player is easy, keeping them is hard, due to well known issues...

Zeadia

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think free daoc would have the same effect as other MMO's.

ive played planetside a bit and people with free accounts there can contend with full payers, due to the different combat engines in the game

but i do think that goa/mythic needs too get new players into the game somehow, how? i dont know cos im not an advertising consultant :O

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
it seems a widley recognised mistake made by GOA was the advertisement....maybe they will start some freebie stuff with daoc before release of WAR an actualy promote it...like WoW did but not total media whore style...just make it known so then in theory WAR could turn out to be a much better game than daoc ever was due to revenue....but its down to GOA i guess. i honestly think it was a good idea an something GOA should consider tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom