FH news FreddysHouse forums available over IPv6

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
FreddysHouse forums are now available over IPv6. All the backend servers (image, javascript etc) are also running native IPv6.

Any problems please respond in this thread.

Over the next few days I shall work on converting the guides and wiki to ipV6.

Firefox users, ShowIP plugin is great, it shows you if you connect to a site using IPv4 or IPv6.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's cool to bash IPv6, but you'll probably be complaining when you're stuck behind a NAT or can't access another site because they simply ran out of addresses.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ah I didn't click the link, thought it might be dodgy. Clicked it and I have to say, the guy is a cock. Simples.

Some of the stuff he writes about is just wrong. Anyway, IPv6 will be a lot more mainstream from this year on.

And as GReaper mentioned, you don't want to be stuck behind NAT at home, then NAT within the ISP as they run out of addresses to allocate, imagine that, sharing a NATted IP with a complete stranger within the same ISP. Good luck on getting any port forwarding to work :p

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Anything that says NAT is good can fuck right off. NAT was invented to get around IPv4, NAT is not a replacement for a network condom, it needs to die.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
At last, finally managed to get round to fixing all issues with IPv4,IPv6, non SSL and SSL whilst accessing FreddysHouse. I think .. :p

This FH over IPv6 non SSL:
FreddysHouse IPv6 NONSSL.png

Here is FH over IPv6 SSL:
FreddysHouse IPv6 SSL.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom