FreddysHouse condones racism?

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Find it a bit strange how a thread in which someone says "Iraqis smell" is immediately closed down within 1 post on the grounds that it is racist, but a thread entitled "Americans why still soo dumb??" in which anti-american stereotypes about dumb rednecks etc are rife is allowed to run for days.

Can't be because American's aren't a single ethnic group, because Iraq is made up of a number of ethnic groups as well.

Is there just a clause in the CoC that it doesn't apply to America?

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Bunnytwo said:
Find it a bit strange how a thread in which someone says "Iraqis smell" is immediately closed down within 1 post on the grounds that it is racist, but a thread entitled "Americans why still soo dumb??" in which anti-american stereotypes about dumb rednecks etc are rife is allowed to run for days.

Can't be because American's aren't a single ethnic group, because Iraq is made up of a number of ethnic groups as well.

I think maybe it is because of arguing?

As he states why he thinks the Americans are dumb (re-electing Bush), but a thread named "Iraq smells" have no argumental value at all, if a thread about the same subject had been named "Americans smell" it might have been another case.

Beside, it is a well known fact that the anti-america felling/bandwagon principle is growing in Europe and people start to fear the USA more and more, recently saw this paper (we got it in class as a part of the matrial to study the election in USA) where they had asked 5 americans some quesitons and the same 5 to Europeans, none of the Americans agreed who was the biggest threat to world peace, 1 cuba, 1 iraq, 1 Afganistan, 1 just said Terrorists, while some bright one said he didnt think you could say a nation was a treat to world peace as it would be individuals, while 3 out of the 5 Europeans stated they saw USA as the biggest threat to world peace...

That got to say something about how many European people fell about the USA and explain some of the growing anti-americanisme we see spreading in Europe.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
i wouldnt call it racism tbh..

however, im getting off this express to lockville, see ya'll laters ;D

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
they never close threads about GOA when people call the french a 100 things either :rolleyes:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
think its more a personal oppinion from the mods wether a thread gets closed or not.. thats the only logical explenation ive found.. any other would just make them speak against themselves..

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
for one I cant seem to find the locked thread so it might have gotten deleted. In any case I cant judge the difference between them other than that I doubt the statement Iraqis smells was reasoned. It might not have gotten locked for discrimination/rascism, but just for being flame baiting/trolling.
And the question are the americans still so dumb isnt discrimination, as there is an act involved why they would be dumb (re-electing Bush) and it was clear that it wasnt aimed at every american but at the once voting on Bush.
Now if you find that there is a discriminating post in that thread use the report post button or pm a moderator, which was more useful to do than make this thread as no one besides mods will know why they locked one thread and not the other.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:

If there isn't there should be :p

But I do take your point, it's just, well...America bashing is funny. Same goes for the French/Spanish/German knocking posts/threads too ofc ;)

Cyfr

Banned
It's only racist if it's against black people, clearly. :rolleyes:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Get with the times, all the cool kids hate American's - don't you want to be cool? ;)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
How many fucking times do I have to say this:

AMERICANS AREN'T A RACE.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Dillinja said:
How many fucking times do I have to say this:

AMERICANS AREN'T A RACE.

iraq isnt a race either, they are shelves (hurhurhur, I-rack? I-shelf? :p )

americans are just as much a race as Iraqi's are :p

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, but don't ask me how the system works. All I know is that he is trying to say that what is going on in the America thread is racism, which it isn't.

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Yes, but don't ask me how the system works. All I know is that he is trying to say that what is going on in the America thread is racism, which it isn't.

Actually what I was saying was that if saying Iraqis smell is racism then so is saying Americans are thick. Either both are or both aren't. And while the title itself might get away with it there are definately stereotypes against Americans in the thread itself.

There might be reasons given within the thread for why Americans are dumb, but then I'm sure a member of the KKK or NF could give you reasons (you might not agree with em, but they are still reasons) for their attitudes towards blacks and why they think they are sub-human. Does that mean that they aren't racist?

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I would hazard a guess at legal reasoning.
Apparently the forum owners can be held responsible, despite us all agreeing to the CoC, for what is written here and while it may well be a form of racism to call Americans stupid, it may not be illegal within the law as interpreted, whereas saying Iraquis smell could be interpreted as being racist.
I am not a lawyer, but if I remember correctly the Race Relations act did not deem any caucasian groups as requiring special protection, due to the fact that the majority of Britains people are caucasians and therefore, theoretically, do not require protection in law from racial discrimination.
Similairly it can be said that remarks about other caucasian nations, America in this case, would not be deemed racist, as well as those other European countries that were mentioned in a previous post.
Aside from the legal technicalities, I think there may also be a cultural aspect within the reasoning of what is and is not racist. Discrimination laws are generally put in place to give protection to people who are likely to be abused because of their colour/creed/ability/sex/ difference to the 'rest of us', it is easy to see how a black woman could claim racial and sexual discrimination if she was passed over for a job which was given to a less qualified white male. It is far more difficult for most people to see that calling Americans stupid is the same thing. America and by extension Americans are seen as the ultimate world power at the minute, how do you discriminate against the 'most powerful nation on Earth' ?.
Anyway thats my take on it all :p

Later

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Gengi said:
I would hazard a guess at legal reasoning.
Apparently the forum owners can be held responsible, despite us all agreeing to the CoC, for what is written here and while it may well be a form of racism to call Americans stupid, it may not be illegal within the law as interpreted, whereas saying Iraquis smell could be interpreted as being racist.
I am not a lawyer, but if I remember correctly the Race Relations act did not deem any caucasian groups as requiring special protection, due to the fact that the majority of Britains people are caucasians and therefore, theoretically, do not require protection in law from racial discrimination.
Similairly it can be said that remarks about other caucasian nations, America in this case, would not be deemed racist, as well as those other European countries that were mentioned in a previous post.
Aside from the legal technicalities, I think there may also be a cultural aspect within the reasoning of what is and is not racist. Discrimination laws are generally put in place to give protection to people who are likely to be abused because of their colour/creed/ability/sex/ difference to the 'rest of us', it is easy to see how a black woman could claim racial and sexual discrimination if she was passed over for a job which was given to a less qualified white male. It is far more difficult for most people to see that calling Americans stupid is the same thing. America and by extension Americans are seen as the ultimate world power at the minute, how do you discriminate against the 'most powerful nation on Earth' ?.
Anyway thats my take on it all :p

Later

ahhhhh yes, the common old story: we are all equal, but some are just more equal then others...
a byproduct of the politically correct fucktards who still walk the earth this day. There are those who whine like a dark age inquistor when they smell something that could possibly be racism when you would look at it from a certain perspective, yet when they say something about other people who are not from the group they are trying to protect so fervent (and they dont like ofcourse) then all of a sudden it "isnt racism because..."
bullshit, its either racism or it isnt, everyone is equally human right? i fucking hate those ***** who only whine 'racism' when they see fit, either live to the rule or dont, but dont be a fucking fakie...

like on the other forum, some guy was talking about 'stupid americans' and about how bush should be 'murdered' but when someone said that iraqis were primitives he was a 'racist' who was 'generalising', how fucking stupid can you be?

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:
There might be reasons given within the thread for why Americans are dumb, but then I'm sure a member of the KKK or NF could give you reasons (you might not agree with em, but they are still reasons) for their attitudes towards blacks and why they think they are sub-human. Does that mean that they aren't racist?
First the thread title and only questioned in the thread wether a group of americans(the Bush voters) were dumb, so that isnt discriminations against americans but against Bush voters if it is discrimination.
Second the question was more about the action than wether the people themself were dumb.

Now you were most likely talking about this post though:
Naetha said:
The people who have no excuse for supporting Bush are "thick fucks" like Marc who look at the world with blinkers on, refusing to accept anything that doesn't fit into their ideology. That is the difference between being un-educated, and plain stupid.
First I dont think Naetha is talking about all Bush voters, he is just talking about certain group of people. The people who vote on Bush because they were for the war in Iraq or the ones who want more tax cuts for the rich wouldnt be thick fucks, if I have read that statement correct.
Now you can disagree with Naethas post, but I dont see how this is discrimination as the only people who are thick fucks are the one who will only accept to see things that support their own ideology. Which is in my opinion stupid.

Second this is one piece of a post in 143 replies (a little less when it was posted), mods would sooner delete this post or edit than lock the thread for it and mods might stop reading threads after page 5 or miss this post. So unless someone knows they reported it, it could just be that the mods didnt see it.

And the reasoning that someone is stupid, because his action was stupid is more solid than that your skin is black so you are subhuman. You create a group by an action, which is different than creating one based on skincolour or from which country someone is.

rynnor

Rockhound
Morchaoron said:
There are those who whine like a dark age inquistor when they smell something that could possibly be racism when you would look at it from a certain perspective, yet when they say something about other people who are not from the group they are trying to protect so fervent (and they dont like ofcourse) then all of a sudden it "isnt racism because..."
bullshit, its either racism or it isnt, everyone is equally human right?
A fair point - illustrated during the week when I listened to an interview of a guy from some Black pressure group (I cant remember which one) who was on to talk about the promoters decision to stop a series of concerts by a reggae artist who was both aggresively homophobic and had once told a mixed audience to 'burn white people'.

He was on to say that it caused more upset to the black community by cancelling these gigs and would likely fuel more homophobic rage in the community.

When asked several times whether he would be so tolerant of a white artist who said 'burn black people' he refused to answer the question :twak:

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Yep. It is about time white people were given some protection from racism tbh. These PC governments seem to think that we are somehow immune to it.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Look at the VN boards for proof of american stupidty.
Look at their president for gods sake.

That said, "race-ism" seems to be a loose word associated with anything relating to people from different places, religion or colour. And it's all a bit silly with all this PC forced on us.

Bak at my school (in Surrey), if we called the Pakistani kids "pakki's" , we were racist, according to them, and to the teachers. Detention. Wahey.
But they called each other pakki's. No one said a thing. They could even call us white scum, and the teachers wouldn't batter an eyelid. The second someone mentioned coloured, brown, black, whatever, we were in trouble. "Racism WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT THIS SCHOOL".
Most likely, this forum has the same rules (read the CoC one day), except certain things are allowed. Such as poking fun at the Germans, French and Yanks. As long as it remains fun, and not nasty.

"Iraqis smell", is a rather vague (and probably racist) statement. "Americans are stupid - they voted Bush", is an opinion, slightly generalised, since the minority of americans aren't stupid, but hey, they're yanks, and we can make fun of them, since they make fun of you (not "us", since I'm not a limey. Hence I get to make fun of both yanks and brits).

Or something.

Yeah.

Uhm.

:kissit:

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:

Personally, I think it's just because everyone recognises that all Americans are stupid, dumb rednecks.

/shrug

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ok, for you who dont know what the fuck racism is -

pakistanis are shit because they are pakistani

americans are shit because they are american

if you dont see the difference then please insert a phillips screw driver through your brain, thanks.

btw: both statments are not agreed by me but they a clear example of what racism is and what racism isnt.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Bunnytwo said:

aww, poor baby :(

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Arnor said it better than anyone else in the thread tbh.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
thats why i say i hate relegion more then anything else, and no one can call me anything, hah!

Cyfr

Banned
None english fuckwit! ;)

(NOTICE THE WINK SO NOBODY NEEDS TO GO CRAZY AND START REPORTING ME FOR FUCK SAKE).

rynnor

Rockhound
Morchaoron said:
thats why i say i hate relegion more then anything else, and no one can call me anything, hah!

Until they make it a criminal offence to say nasty things about religions as was tried recently in the UK...

Cyfr

Banned
Shit like that just makes it worse, governments are clueless.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I do believe 'Cracker' is an anti-white racist term.

Of course it's hard to come up with a derogatory racist term for a group of people who are the minority (white people are only 1/5 world population) but have all the money.

Racism is at the core of our very being, it has been implanted in our brains by evolution, everyone who says they aren't racist is actually lying and they know they are.

Races getting along!!!!
No fucking chance, round our way people in different streets hate each other.
people hate gays, old people, posh people, ugly people, fat people, common people, they hate the clothes you wear, the car you drive, they hate you if you are popular, they hate you if you are successful, they hate you if you don't like what they like.
It's one of my favourite observations, if you walk into a club with a good looking girl, no ones thinking 'isn't his girlfriend lovely'
Every guy is thinking 'what she doing with that tosser?'

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:

You dirty atheist!!1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom