Freddyfield 3

Poag

m00?
You may or maynot have noticed that last night the server went and down a few times.

All this was because I was adding in a new set of mods to allow some better control of the server and some extra functions.

The server is now running these new modules:-

"mm_tk_punish"
Just an updated version thats a bit cleverer than the basic version

"mm_kicker"
This is a Player Kicker ModManager module it kicks high ping and idle players

"mm_announcer"
Auto Annoucements, once every 30 seconds in the system window [death/capture window]

"mm_autobalance"
A improved autobalence version, won't swap Commanders, Squadleaders or squadmembers.

Also i'm talking with MPUK about moving Freddyfield too its own box so we can have more than 1 server up at a time.

1x64 or 2x32 or 4x16 for example...more news soon!

Also for those of you who coudln't login last night..gamespy was fooked big style.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
the server was a bit wonky indeed. I'm (personally) glad of your updates though, and I'm sure things will be running smoothly again soon :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
The only thing I noticed last night was TDC hiding in bushes :p

Poag

m00?
right...as some of you keen eyed people have noticed..the server is kicking alot of poeple atm..this is ebcuase it now has reserved slots.

What that i hear? How can we get them?

Well let me tell you.

As the server is moving onto a new machine [which allows us to run TWO 64 man BF2 servers..thats right ..two of the feckers] i thought it was time to get some donating going for it...currently it all comes out of my pocket....ok Jups pocket...beer money its billed as :p

Soo, what do you have to do?

You go to my site at www.gany.net scroll down and look on the right for where it says 'Make a donation'. Follow the link, tap in how much you would like too donate. Go to the next page...and this is the important bit...input your PlayerID*. Soon as i get home from work i'll check and add you onto the 'list' and then you'll always get onto the server..simple, and when the new server come sup..you'll be able ot join either of the servers**

Alternativly...you can send the money to Deebs, who hopefully then sends it onto me with your ID and everyones happy.

*PlayerID can be found on sites like www.bf2s.com scroll down to where it gives you the sig and its the number in the middle of the string.

**You reserved status will last for 3 months [the renewal time on the server] [Note i may change this depending on what happens but your first will always be 3 months and after that i donno]

Obviously people who donate 20p will not get a reserved slot..so be sensible :)

If you have any questions...drop me a pm here..or on IRC and i should be able to answer sharpish [if i'm not at work]

Ok main post done onto the new rig

Its been ordered so will arrive soon [i hope] we can run two 64 man servers on it. I plan to run 1 full map rotation [2 rounds per map..no timer] and 1 Short rotation City maps and Dragon Valley, [4 rounds a map no timer]

If you have any comments on that plan..please respond here aswell.

There ends the news of the day.

-Gale

Poag

m00?
IMPORTANT

As i can't edit my post..please PM me the PlayerID on this forum along will your email addrss you paid with..for some reason tis not showing a notes field.

Or email me at poag @ gany.net with both bits of info.

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
Spot on Gale, good that there can be reserved spots :) :cheers:

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
What is considered a fair donation? :)

Bit skint atm due to being on statutory sick pay....

TdC

muh. I gave what I felt was right given the effort that's been put in by the lads and the fun I get from playing BF2. I'll be on the server tonight to see if I can scare Gale out of the blackhawk.....or even sing over the squaddie voip chan ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Um, have the new scripts caused problems with rankings? I've just been on and no-one was showing rank and I couldn't use my unlocks...

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
DaGaffer said:
Um, have the new scripts caused problems with rankings? I've just been on and no-one was showing rank and I couldn't use my unlocks...

I was just on there about 10 mins ago and ranks were showing up fine. When I first logged in, unlocks weren't working but a quick reconnect fixed that.

DaGaffer

Now it won't let me on at all. Keeps saying I've been kicked by an admin decision...:( so much for reserved slots.

TdC

I'll give it a go soon as I get home. to test obv, as today is pizza-day and I'm hungering for one :)

Poag

m00?
DaGaffer said:
Now it won't let me on at all. Keeps saying I've been kicked by an admin decision...:( so much for reserved slots.

Sorry DaGaffer that was my fuck up, i'd miss typed your id into the system so u didn't have the slot..i've corrected thi in the live server and the config so it won't happen again.

Poag

m00?
How the kick rules work

As there is some confusion over the kick rules and server spaces i've decided to give as much info as i can in one place.

Reserved Slots

The server now has 62 'regular slots'

These slots can be filled by anyone [ie they have a reserved slot or not], however if someone tries to connect into slots 63 and 64 they will be removed from the server [unfortunatly you cannot state these are unconnectable as yet..hopefully DICE will fix that] on connect, with a message saying you ahve been kicked from the server by admin decision.

However if a reserved slot player tries to connect into slots 63 or 64 the server will not kick them and allow them too connect as normal. When a player leaves the server, players in slots 63 and 64 get moved down into the regular 62 slots and 63 and 64 become free again for more reserved players too join.

Idle Kicker
If you are idle for more than 5 minutes [not the 3 i reported on irc last night] the server will remove you to free up the slot for someone else.

You'd be suprised the number of people this caught, it appears some people just press auto retry on there ASE client and go afk. The timer starts 60 seconds after the round begins, so time for load lag etc.

Ping Kicker
If you have a ping in excess of 349 for more than 2 minutes the server will remove you, sampleing only starts 60 seconds after the begining of the game so time for laoding to be done etc.

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
Played great, died loads of times. But did get booted on the second map load. Think it might be the time it takes to verify. Seems to take forever. Won't be on for a while now, of to Edinburgh for a bit.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Gale said:
*PlayerID can be found on sites like www.bf2s.com scroll down to where it gives you the sig and its the number in the middle of the string.

-Gale

Results in:

"Could not load stats for "AgedToPerfection".

Error: Your request for stats has been queued: You are #73,518 of 73,518 in the queue. Approximate wait time is: 5d 22h 57m 06s."

Any other suggestions?
Ta.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gale lurks in IRC in #freddyshouse Yuck - if you have trouble getting on maybe msg him there?

DaGaffer

~Yuckfou~ said:
Results in:

Error: Your request for stats has been queued: You are #73,518 of 73,518 in the queue. Approximate wait time is: 5d 22h 57m 06s."

Any other suggestions?
Ta.

Pretty much all the stats sites are kaput are the moment because EA actively started blocking them when they couldn't handle the load themselves. Everyone's expecting stats sites to be able to start reporting again by the end of the month, but then again everyone was expecting the 1.03 patch by then as well, and that's been delayed to some unspecified date :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
aaahhhh... ignore me, I'm just a tool :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Not being in IRC is like not having any way of sorting anything, as I expect you just found out :p

Poag

m00?
Thod, i'll be playing tonight, if you can get otno the server [i usually play on #2] I can check you ID from ingame.

Same for Yuck, we normally have a freddy squad running, just poke me when you get ingame [I'm Poag] and i'll grab ur ID.

Alternatively you can msn me [in my profile] or drop me an email.

Poag

m00?
Also if you've been on a ranked server atleast once, and then try and find urself in bf2s it adds you into the Q. So if you check nwo you'll prolly find ur in the Q o be updated.

TdC

~Yuckfou~ said:
Results in:

Any other suggestions?
Ta.

it's a smaller site, but prolly soon to be given the same treatment as bf2s. I prefer the latter tbh. I've even given them a donation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom