FreddyBeer Xmas '04

Athan

Resident Freddy
Swift^ said:
Can we have it in Coventry because TWO people live near it and nigh on everyone else is in/around London?

WAAH WAAAAAAAH.

No, 'cos even though I'm *ALSO* in Coventry currently I'll definitely be in London around that time. I can certainly be sure to be there for this particular weekend, so expect another visit from the "Ath and Amanda show" ;).

That and Coventry IS an utter shitehole.

-Ath

Mike

Fledgling Freddie
It's in London and it's not going to change. Hell, I'm in Birmingham and I want it to be in London. Why? Because most people are there, it's accessible, and it gets people out and about.

Anyway, even though this is officially 'Xmas' freddybeer, any time in December should be acceptable. The 11th was proposed because a week later you get all the xmas people being annoying.

Is the 4th better or worse than the 11th for most people?

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
11th all the way as I'm still at work on the 4th....any idea of a venue yet?

chelgrian

Loyal Freddie
fatbusinessman said:
Ooooh, tempting - although getting a train back from London to Cambridge post-closing-time could pose something of a problem...

Nah there is a 00:06 most nights from Kings Cross, takes ages but it is the last train

(Hint choose a pub within half an hours tube plus staggering distance from Kings Cross)

Mike

Fledgling Freddie
As I don't live in london (nor would I want to), I can't take responsibility for arranging the pub we go to - perhaps Luap could lend a hand in that department? Or if anyone else is interesting in sorting it...

:cheers:

Luap

Loyal Freddie
I'll be there for beer, beer mats and chicken \o/

Athan

Resident Freddy
Around 2 months to go, anyone got a FIRM suggestion for pub yet? The Globe that we had the last one at was good, and with a bigger turnout it'll be well worth getting that function room again.

-Ath

Mike

Fledgling Freddie
yes it was nice, however the guy was kind of pissed off that there weren't that many of us.

I was hoping to get some sort of decent estimate of numbers - it seems since the bw->fh transition, a lot of people have lost interest in these things

X

xani

yes, its true that beer in the north is cheaper than the south, but

clubbing in south > north
women in south > north
south > north

:/

Vae

Resident Freddy
Bumpage as the time is getting nearer and there's been no decision on date let alone pub!

So 4th or 11th Dec - Decide and also indicate if you'll be turning up.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Either one, was just thinking its a bit close to decision time myself.

bigbb

Loyal Freddie
Sat 4th is best for me. Do we need to do a poll-type-thing-ma-jiggar?

lecter

Fledgling Freddie
The date is the 11th as the important people. Myself, Deebs and FozzySon have already agreed this.

As for the Pub well we cant please everyone. My feeling is the Globe (iirc baker st) is a little far out of the centre for my liking.

Lectargh

Athan

Resident Freddy
11th *should* be fine for me, modulo moving from Coventry to London around then. I've no suggestions for location as I've been out of London for too many years :p.

-Ath

Mike

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed, the 11th was already chosen a while back.

As far as location goes, as I have said before, I don't have a clue, as I don't live in London. What I will say however, is that the Globe was nice, but I don't think they'd like us back after last time (lack of numbers, them keeping it roped off, etc).

So, suggestions...

:cheers:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
From the point of view of someone who organises the roping off of sections for private parties in the club, it's the most annoying thing in the world when:

a) hardly any of the group turn up, or
b) they don't stick to the area.

So, even though I wasn't at the Globe last time, they were probably a lot more annoyed than they let on (especially if it was a busy period and they needed the space). I won't be going (again) because we're short on management at the moment and getting any night off, let alone Saturday, is a 1 in a googol chance. :(

But hey, if it's ever gonna be arranged centrally (in respect to the country, not London), then you could do a lot worse than a cheap (read: free) night in Wolves. :p

Mike

Fledgling Freddie
It has come to my attention that nobody is offering any locations for this event. As I have said before, I CANNOT sort out the venue.

I never claimed to be organising the event, I merely started the ball rolling by getting the date fixed. Unless anyone steps forward to lend a hand, this is off as far as I'm concerned.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I thought you started the ball rolling as half a joke anyway, then it sort of got all serious :)

Luap

Loyal Freddie
Don't look at me. I've not got time to organise such distractions :drink:

If all else fails, I'll be in the Dev Friday 10th from 5.30pm.:cheers:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I can be at the dev on Friday, can also meet pretty much anywhere in London on Saturday night if someone wants to suggest a pub. Doesnt look like it will be massive numbers, so no reserveation etc should be needed.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Which still needs *someone* to name *some*place for the Saturday :p.

-Ath, who will say again that his London pub knowledge is woefully out of date.

Luap

Loyal Freddie
I'm not even going to make Friday, so much to do, so little time to do half of it.

Looks like this FB isn't going to happen.

m00

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah same, found something a little more, er, concrete :E

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom