Frapsing and compressing

Trying to make a little vid, and i notice that the frapsed files is way to big. Anyone know a way to make these files smaller? Give name of a free pgrogram if possible :)

Very much appreciated
:worthy:

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Use vdub with divx installed on your pooter. All free.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
I found M$ Moviemaker making good compression on daoc vids.
Play around with settings for best result.
I wasnt satisfied with DivX. On movies its its one of the best but not
game graphics.

For editing Im not sure. Google... :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fraps
Virtualdub for the compression, i used DivX in my last vid, i wasnt overly happy with the result so will be using Xvid on the next one.
Sony Vegas (problem is it has massive render times - 15+ hours for 20 minutes vid) Microsoft movie maker is good, very easy to use and only takes a few minutes to render, but lacks the overall quality of Vegas.

log on vent if you want any help :)

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
average 15 mins movie for me takes 2 hours to encode with mp3 and 1600 bit xvid..

Guess your comp is crap faril :p

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
Fraps
Virtualdub for the compression, i used DivX in my last vid, i wasnt overly happy with the result so will be using Xvid on the next one.
Sony Vegas (problem is it has massive render times - 15+ hours for 20 minutes vid) Microsoft movie maker is good, very easy to use and only takes a few minutes to render, but lacks the overall quality of Vegas.

log on vent if you want any help :)
15h encode for 20 min movies = user error.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
katt! said:
15h encode for 20 min movies = user error.

well thats what i thought, and restarted it several times, until i heard the nocturn2 movie took 20+ hours to render (not encode, that only takes a few minutes)

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
well thats what i thought, and restarted it several times, until i heard the nocturn2 movie took 20+ hours to render (not encode, that only takes a few minutes)
sorry, render :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Raven said:

nocturne2 has a bit more "editing" in it tho? ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
not really, my vegas version had loads of extra stuff in it, i remade it on moviemaker.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I usually use Adobe Premiere, simply because I know that program and I am not sure I cba to learn Sony Vegas. :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I'm still looking for a place to 'buy' fraps. If anyone happens to know where I could 'buy' it, feel free to pm me ;)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
its takes a hell of a lot longer to render divx than it does xvid. Which is wierd cuz xvid looks much better.

Good cpu helps.

btw my sony vegas trial expired. how do you get around this? :) (no way paying 500$ for it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom