Fraps movies, which codec/editor?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Now that i am actually remembering to record my solo stuff i am putting a movie together. The problem is i have no idea whats best to use, my recordings are very good quality but they seem to lose a load when compressed. I have had a fiddle with Virtualdub and it seems ok, except for the qual issues. I would also like to add some text.

Any suggestions on codecs/editors etc would be greatfully received :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I used windows movie maker for mine though im told theres better stuff out there, it was easy to use and did an ok job.

End quality could of been better though, was a bit blurry.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
virtual dub and adobe premiere are the two programs i use

rure

Fledgling Freddie
wmm is shit.

use vegas. I use 3ivx codec with 2000kb/s for everything I done in NF. if you want an even better quality you can crank it up to 2500kb/s and/or try experimenting some with xvid codec.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
cheers guys, decided on divX6, going to have to <cough> acquire <cough> vegas to give it a try properly, though tests with virtualdub/divX6 seem good.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
I find vegas hard to work with, but probably since I havn't tried alot. Adobe Premiere is really good but you can't render it to xvid instantly, you have to save it uncompressed first, which takes loads of hd space, then render with Virtual Dub. Tho I hear Vegas is much better than premiere and the best edited movies I've seen have used it. Savage the Movie, Nocturne2, Adrenaline2 etc. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom