Frankie Boyle

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I love him on Mock the Week but when I got his stand up show it was full of Mock the Week/Live at the Apollo material so if you have watched either of those shows don't bother with his stand up.

On the other hand I hate that blonde guy on Mock the Week but his stand up was awesome, think his name is Russell something or other, he was amazing live.

Dara O'Brien (sp) is about the best stand up I have seen in ages though.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Russell Howard, who i really like, its Hugh Dennis who i have a problem with, its like he's trying too hard

Trem

Thing with Hugh is he was in The Mary Whitehouse Experience so to me he is a god, he is certainly an acquired taste though.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I loved the Mary Whitehouse Experience, (yes i'm old enough to remember it) but i was more a fan of Rob Newman and David Baddiel, but even on MWE they were two double acts rather than a four piece

I think it was more of a launch pad for them, even though i know Punt and Dennis had a lot of radio background at the time, as do a lot of the current crop of stand up

I dont dis-like Dennis, i just dont rate him as much as the others

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Strangely I like Russell Howard on MtW but don't like his stand up. Hugh Dennis is great too, I really like Outnumbered too, though preferred Newman/Baddiel to Punt/Dennis on MWE.

I agree that Dara O'Briain is superb, and probably one of the best around at the moment. I saw him in Plymouth last year, it was fantastic.

I also have tickets to see Bill Bailey in August, which I think I'm looking forward to.

RB

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I love Bill Bailey, Part Troll, Bewilderness even Cosmic Jam, but the advert for these tickets shows the Tinselworm picture. I've seen the DVD of that and so partly I'm worried I'll know all the material, and secondly it is the weakest of all the stuff I've seen. There's too much big technical stuff and not enough just talking and playing, which he is just brilliant at.

RB

Trem

I agree that Dara O'Briain is superb, and probably one of the best around at the moment. I saw him in Plymouth last year, it was fantastic.

RB

Aye I love comedians who have a lot to do with the audience, which Dara does. Jimmy Carr is very audience based as well but I didn't find him as quick as Dara. After Stewart Lee Dara must be my favourite ever stand up performer (Bill Hicks doesn't count as he is a god and a hero, would be unfair to compare anyone to him).

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If you like Bill Bailey, watch Black Books.

Been watching Stewart Lee's TV series the past few weeks. Not all that funny, all though I imagine his other live material is probably a lot funnier.

Trem

Stewart Lee is always like that, you either like him or you don't. He is also an acquired taste.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Frankie Boyle recycles his material too much. Dara O'Briain is easily the best comedian I've seen live in years, although Michael Macintyre was surprisingly good as well (I didn't like him when he guested on MTW).

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Best comic I've seen live is Dylan Moran, saw him in manchester a couple of months back and was in tears of laughter for pretty much the entire show. He was also ace in Black Books.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Me and the missus watched the entire 3rd series of Black Books last night and we were in bits. The outtakes are sublime

Trem

Best comic I've seen live is Dylan Moran, saw him in manchester a couple of months back and was in tears of laughter for pretty much the entire show. He was also ace in Black Books.

Aye was about to say Dylan Moran is very good when doing stand up as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom