France out of WC, what will GOA do ;-)

O

old.yaruar

With france getting the wooden spoon at this years world cup having gone from favourites to donkeys in 3 short matches...

How will this effect GOA, will they be rioting in the streets with the rest of the french public demanding their coaches head? Will they go on strike downing the German and English servers in protest that we can actually play football (even if both teams had small stutters) Or will they use their extra time they have in their schedules to finish the testing ;-)

O

old.Alliandre

Well I know one thing. My French teacher will be hearing more of this *cough*

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Alliandre
Well I know one thing. My French teacher will be hearing more of this *cough*

All our french employees have taken the day off which means no pisstaking at all...

It will all be saved up for tomorrow.....
+ we managed to jury rig our 14 inch telly of crapness to a 10 grand portable projector... Now do I project the game onto the side of the office next door ;-P

K

kemor

We just chained Zargar on a wall and are now enjoying another nice sport: darts :cool:

B

Brannor McThife

Hey. Quit spamming us and get back to translating your quota of 5 lines for today. ;)

-G

O

old.Zarff

hmmm DK owned the frogeaters like a rc bolt vs a yellow con mage! GO DK :clap: maybe GOA got time to translate instead of looking at their team getting whoooooped in WC :D

O

old.HiredGoon

the Danish DAoC server seem even less realistic now :eek:

D

Damon_D

Bahhh we will get the danish servers , or we will beat em in frogeating also, nothing a frenchman can do that we cant do better :clap: Well maybe talk like a gay dude , that they can

K

Keri

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Hey. Quit spamming us and get back to translating your quota of 5 lines for today. ;)
-G

Awww .. poor Kemor .. wanna fluffle? :fluffle:

S

SFXman

Keel over and die?

PS: No more soccer threads pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaseeee

O

old.Cf-

A what thread?

Is it football you're referring to?...

S

SFXman

Football is what americans play. Soccer is what you people spectate with passion.

C

Cohannyn

Soccer is the American way of referring to REAL football..

G

Galatea

It's not Soccer, its football, since we use our feet to guide the ball, can you say the same for American Football? no? Then why call it football :p

really, all it needs a bit of logic to draw conclusions :rolleyes:

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Cohannyn
Soccer is the American way of referring to REAL football..

Actually soccer is an english term origonally used by public shools to differentiate between Association Football and Rugby Football.

Football is the correct term, of course, but there are also many other types of football to remember ;-)

S

SFXman

As long as no-one says that damn word... "footy" or whatever I am happy.

PS: Soccer.

K

Keri

Originally posted by tilde
blame canada ;)

Why blame Canada? We have even more of a problem .. we have soccer, football, and Canadian football. Sometimes it's hard to tell which of the 3 sports people are talking about. (Bet most of you didn't know that Canada has it's own version of [American] football.)

A

Alrindel

(Bet most of you didn't know that Canada has it's own version of [American] football.)
I bet I did. Bigger field, three downs, and an extra player.

(born and raised in Ottawa)

K

Keri

Originally posted by Alrindel

I bet I did. Bigger field, three downs, and an extra player.

(born and raised in Ottawa)

WooHoo!!!! Pity Ottawa lost the Roughriders though. I used to live in Kanata, but now I'm in Malton (that little part of Mississauga that's home to Pearson airport), but born and raised in England, then spent a good few years in South Africa. Good to see another Canuck here. :clap:

A

Alrindel

Haha, Kanata. The house I grew up in as a kid was in Nepean, and then when I was 16 or so we moved out to Kanata. Chimo Drive, to be specific, although I still went to Bell High School until I graduated.

K

Keri

hehe .. I know Chimo Drive ... and Bell used to have a really bad reputation when I lived there (93-99). I was back in Ottawa last month though, and the place is looking very prosperous despite the collapse of the high tech industry. (the National Capital Region is known as Silicon Valley North).

S

Solid

SFXMan Why do you hate 'Footy' so bad?

Finland has some great players, namely my beloved Liverpool Football Club's Captain, hey Sammy Sammy

yup that tower of defence Sammi Hyppia, oh and of course poor Jari Litmanen, the best Finniish footballer of all time perhaps?

Dont hate the 'Beautiful Game', embrace it.

S

SFXman

Just funny how most people tend to spectate the game and supposedly love it, but don't play it. :)
One sport that I enjoy immensly watching is snowboarding, because I snowboard myself and it is great to see pros do it. Other one is the Ice Hockey WC, but then again Finland is good in that and EVERYONE in Finland watches those :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom