Framerate get worse the longer I play..?

osiriz88

Fledgling Freddie
I have a very strange problem with War.

When I login and start playing, my framerate is fine, but after one or two houors of gameplay, my framerate gets lower and lower, untill the game becomes unplayable.

So then I restart my computer and log back in. Game is fine again.

Solutions? :ninja:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Almost sounds like some kind of memory leak...hmm...not encountered this yet myself, but it's possible.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
This will probably get moved to the help section, but how much RAM do you have matey?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
if you only have 1 GB of ram, then that is the source of your problem.

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
I have the same problem with 4GB of RAM and a 512MB 8800 GT (on max graphics settings). Zoning in and out of Scenarios seemed to bring it on quicker. I'm used to being forced to relog every hour after playing AoC though :)

osiriz88

Fledgling Freddie
This will probably get moved to the help section, but how much RAM do you have matey?
2GB. It should be enough for War. I have friends who have 2GB ram, and their framarate is very nice and steady.. I think its very strange that the game runs fine when I start playing, but lags like hell after one houor of gameplay.

If it is a memory leak, how do I fix that?

Its not overheating issue. I have a heat-monitor, and it says that everything is fine. :|

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
If it is a memory leak, how do I fix that?

a memory leak is a sort of `bug` in the program where it doesn`t free up memory after the program stopped using it resulting in the program using more and more memory. eventually all free memory is used up and the computer has to start using the swapfile which causes a big performance hit.

Memory leak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it`s mythic`s job to fix that (if indeed it`s a memory leak that is causing the slowdown)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I 'think' I remember reading about memory leaks in the beta forums....did not know if it was confirmed, or if this was resolved.

Have noticed after about 3-4 hours it starts to become more laggy. Checked temps and everythings ok so maybe its the higher level zones with issues?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I have a suspicion, make sure that your party isn't spread too much over a map, 2 of my friends had lag when I was totally elsewhere and it stopped from them when I was in visibility range again.

rynnor

Rockhound
I have experienced the same and as the earlier poster said it gets worse if you do a lot of scenarios so the biggest leaks must be around loading zones.

Out of interest I am trying my setup with 2G and 4G of RAM to see if it helps much - in theory it should as its more memory to be leaked away :p

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
if you only have 1 GB of ram, then that is the source of your problem.
no its not i only have 1gb of ram and it doesnt happen to me, the game stutters when i enter a new zone for a few mins as everything is put to pagefile but after that its smooth.

no loss of fps at all, i dont think there is a memory leak either my pagefile is always 1.1-.1.31gb and i have my pagefile set to be 2gb-2gb

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I have a suspicion, make sure that your party isn't spread too much over a map, 2 of my friends had lag when I was totally elsewhere and it stopped from them when I was in visibility range again.

You may be on to something. When you speak it makes a bubble above the characters heads. If you are miles away you cant even see the person, but you can see the chat box above their head. Maybe it's an issue with that?

"ok guys, if you move more than 100ft from me, please all dont speak or we'll lag" hahhaa

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
Me and some friends also have memory leak issues, icons above NPCs vanishing, spell effects and other animations vanishing etc etc ... for me this happens after about 4-5 hours of play though so not any big issue yet. Restarting, not relogging, fixes it. Annoying if those 4-5 hours happens during peaks though as there is a loooooong que to get back in the game =/.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I have exactly the same problem..
Seems the game uses up more and more ram the longer you play.
I have 2 gigs for ram, but at some point last night, it was using up close to 1.5 gig on the game itself..
Feels like a memory leak for sure..

FIX!

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Me and some friends also have memory leak issues, icons above NPCs vanishing, spell effects and other animations vanishing etc etc ... for me this happens after about 4-5 hours of play though so not any big issue yet. Restarting, not relogging, fixes it. Annoying if those 4-5 hours happens during peaks though as there is a loooooong que to get back in the game =/.

I had this problem to last night..

So here we are.. Memory leak, and icons and spell effects disappearing (Probebly same issue).

This needs attention..

Fast

Part of the furniture
I have probs with ppls healthbars vanishing in grps even when they are in range. Is this Lag or memory? have 4gig memory.

Gets kind of annoying blind healing >_<

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I have probs with ppls healthbars vanishing in grps even when they are in range. Is this Lag or memory? have 4gig memory.

Gets kind of annoying blind healing >_<

Are you sure the healthbars aren't just 'fading'?

For me the bars only showed when a group member was injured, and I couldn't figure a way of showing the bars permanently, which was annoying.

osiriz88

Fledgling Freddie
I hope Mythic is aware of this problem. You think they are? Its a kinda serious issue, very anoyong to beeing forced to restart computer once every houor. :/

I've sent a bugreport on this. Wrote "Memory Leak" in the subject line.

You all do the same! :) This needs atention.

Glema

Fledgling Freddie
I had a similar problem last night with both frame rate and group member icons disappearing.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well I don't know if its of any use but playing yesterday, War took up over 1GB of memory alone in the time I was online (3-4 hours). I'd imagine that if it takes up the same amount on every PC, then that 1GB would probably choke your 2GB system once you take into account it is already holding windows, etc. in memory.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Are you sure the healthbars aren't just 'fading'?

For me the bars only showed when a group member was injured, and I couldn't figure a way of showing the bars permanently, which was annoying.

Hmm could be, but like you say would be nice to toggle them on permanently.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Hmm could be, but like you say would be nice to toggle them on permanently.

afaik, there was a "Fade Health" toggle which I thought would work, but it didn't. That was OB though, it might have been changed.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I keep getting crash to desktops today, it didn't happen yesterday, and only once in OB, I only have 1gb RAM, is this the most likely problem?
Also, I have to accept user agreement and CoC whenever I go on the game, is this normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom