FPS Singleplayer Gaming

X

xenon2000

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk
Because it was the most boring, tedious bag of shite ever.

You're not being specific. Are you reffering to the original levels and plot alone? If so then see my post earlier on regarding it.
At least, you cannot accurately critise it's possibilities without first playing the Castles of Stroggos series, best god damn SP gaming I've ever experienced.

S

Summo

Oh, and Knights of the Sky rocked. :D Loved that simple piano theme music and stalling if you climbed too steep. Wonderful.

KnightsOfTheSky-t.jpg

D

Daffeh

Knights of the Sky is THE daddy of all flight sims...you can keep your satellite mapped terrain and photorealistic textures of this modern day stuff :)

and isnt there a retail game based on the Unreal engine (IIRC) titled Invasion:1944 ???

/me goes to check his PC Zone collection

EDIT: ok found out its infact called Battlefield:1942 and its a sequal of sorts of Codename Eagle looks pretty swish

W

Wij

Their Finest Hour was miles better. Knights of the Sky was pants.

W

Will

Strangely appropriate, as if Microsoft had it all planned.;)

S

(Shovel)

Hmm, gotta say I'm less fussed about a hugely real story than I am about being involved in it.
Team play is all very well, but it is still me playing the game, so I'd like to have some dicatatorship over where it goes, rather than my team-mate bots getting shot and me suffering for that.
In some ways the Max Payne story was good, cause it ripped off most action movies ever, so this sort of thing, but with a *tad* more flexibility would be pretty cool.

Find myself playing Tactical Ops quite a lot at the mo, cause as a 'single player' it is the best action fest I have, cause you have a team, but because its bots it ends up like deathmatch, in which you still have to think.

Hmm, trying to explain what you like makes you realise why there are so many piss poor FPS... if noone can work out what they want to do with them no wonder they release them unfinished...

Users who are viewing this thread