FPS rate

A

Apocrypha

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's average FPS for their system?? I'm running a 2.4ghz P4, with 1 gig 333mhz ram, and a 128 meg GeForce4 Ti4400. With all the graphics turned right down, I'm only getting about 29 fps tops. Maybe I'm overestimating the capabilities of my hardware, but surely it should be performing better than that?!!

J

jodster

Not sure but...

I'm sure I read somewhere that 29fps is the most anyone ever 'appears' to get in the game. I have an almost identical spec to yours (ti 4200 being the diff) and get the same sort of figures, again with a max of 29fps. However the game runs as smooth, if not smoother than DAoC did so I haven't worried about it!

Jod, Carbineering on Chimaera, cause the Holo said so :)

S

Speedr

Well, from what a m8 told me, it's to do with player performance.. coz all pc's will have different spec, not all can get the same fps normally, so it's capped at 30 fps.

Basically, it's to even out the PvP aspect of the game so whoever is fighting will have no advantage on the other only in terms of skill or profession.

W

|WarpiG|

im running pretty much the same specs and only get 29 fps max...

In most area's i can run in 1600x1200 with full detail (apart from shadows and water detail) and still have 29 fps max, but the FPS will grind to 1 - 10 in big citys

I do notice that it takes much longer to load into starports and shuttle ports in this detail, and PVP is much harder in this detail settings, so if i know in advance that im going overt i drop everthing to low detail and run in 1024 and have no problems at all :)

Wish it was possible to be able to specify detail and resolution in one file and be able to change all the options in one go from the launchpad without having to manualy change each setting everytime i want to change...

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Yep the FPS monitor is capped at 29, though I don't think that's a hard cap on FPS - try running the game with fraps to get a real figure.

With my current set-up and settings I get high 20's most of the time and 5-10 minimum round Coronet starport, etc. Shame you can't macro graphics settings so you can switch down when in a city.

For those that aren't aware: the best way to improve frame rate in SWG is to get at least 1GB RAM. If you're running with 512Mb RAM then you'll see a huge improvement with 1Gb regardless of the rest of the spec.

My current set-up is Athlon 2100+, 1Gb DDR400, Radeon 9600. I'm happy enough with performance at the moment.

D

darbey

As above. I have a athlon 64 with 5900 fx card and still couldnt turn all the options up with out horrendous lag in cities. As mentioned i upped my ram to 1gig and it sorted the problem although still get the odd slow down in coronet.. Its resource use is horrendous on memory.

Users who are viewing this thread