FPS Job Prospects...

O

old.DemonForce

Whats the first thing that came into your mind when you saw this post? A job in the FPS industry? Lots of money in your bank account? Well of course those things might be possible but exactly how are you going to get the experience to be taken seriously?

Well why don't you go to our website and perhaps find out the answers to your questions.

Click Here to be redirected to our website.

Demon

S

SpUnKyTh3MoNk3y

Originally posted by DemonForce
how are you going to get the experience to be taken seriously?

go and work for you for nothing? :rolleyes: LOL

O

old.Kez

Re: Re: FPS Job Prospects...

Originally posted by SpunkyTheMonkey
go and work for you for nothing?
Why's that such a silly concept? Within the Games Industry, its one of the better ways to get noticed. You put your name out there as having done something, whether it be skinning, mapping, PR, whatever. It certainly gives you a better chance of getting the job you apply for over just having the programming qualifications. Its not a new idea, but the idea of a place directly designed to get ones name out there within such a community is a welcome one. Consider it the DeviantArt of Games.

S

Sar

Ditto for running leagues etc. I've devoted countless hours to the running of various leagues and cups over the last several years. All without ever receiving any sort of reward or what not, financially or otherwise.

S

Sar

I'll introduce you to my good friend DuckofWar sometime Biff0r :D

M

mr.Blacky

Originally posted by Sar
All without ever receiving any sort of reward or what not, financially or otherwise.

ahhhh poor Sar ;) but dont you know the reward that is the silent gratitude off hundreds of people rofl

I

Insane

Im happy in my job actually :D

walking around a call centre every day looking at the new starts (mostly students and/or temps) and enjoying the pleasing looks of the girls the company employ :D

and fob off to everybody there that i actually do a job to repair computers ;)

all i need now is a fat pay cheque to be very happy indeed.

S

shots

hehe

The mod actually looks like it could be fun.

Shame about the tiny font on the website tho... had to strain my eyes to find out what it was about.

S

Sar

Originally posted by Mr.Blackshirt

ahhhh poor Sar ;) but dont you know the reward that is the silent gratitude off hundreds of people rofl

*snigger*

Yeah right, you wanna be in IRC on league night :p

O

old.DemonForce

I will make the font a little bigger, or prehaps make it an option :)

S

SpUnKyTh3MoNk3y

Re: Re: Re: FPS Job Prospects...

Originally posted by Kez
Why's that such a silly concept?
it's not it was just the way the whole thing was worded made me chuckle.

ps. m00.

O

old.DemonForce

So how do you feel is the best way to be recognised by the industry? Sit around on your hands and play jungle bells with your ***???

No i didn't think so.

So instead of doing that why don't some of you show this forum what it is you can do. Go on post a link to a pic or something... i dare you....

S

Sar

Ok.

gay.gif

There ya go :)

O

old.DemonForce

Obviously Sar has a few issue's of "its" own..... Did you make that all yourself... ahhh how clever of you.. ROFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom