Fox says No to the Xbox 360

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA

HA

Couldn;t have written a better article meself.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Makes a difference from them saying no to rational impartial news I suppose!

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Got to have a go at this!

"A lot of parents who go out and buy the $300 system, because they can't afford the $400 system, will have kids who aren't going to able to play 'Halo' or 'Halo 2' because backwards compatibility is going to be on the hard drive,"
Agreed, but if they already own Xbox games then they will still be able to play them on the Xbox. Duh!! There's not going to be any benifit to playing old games on the 360 other than upscaling for HDTV and some new code for Halo.

Microsoft has announced there will be 200 backwards-compatible games (including "Forza Motorsport" and "Halo 2"), but only 19 launch titles for the 360. Only a handful are exclusives.

And popular new games, like "50 Cent: Bulletproof" and "The Warriors," won't play on the 360 at all.
How many launch titles do new consoles usually have?? 20ish is pretty good in my reckoning. Also, who cares if 50 "fucking" Cent and The Warriors arn't out on it yet. They'll be emulated soon enough if you don't already own an Xbox!!

Sure, you could rush out and drop hundreds on the 360, but we have no idea what the next-gen PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Revolution are going to be capable of doing. Both of those systems are due next year, and will surely spark a mini-price war with the Xbox 360.
Truth in this statement. Although it does mean no 360 for a year, just to wait for a price drop. Something little johnny is gonna be none to happy about.

Right now, the Xbox 360's stunning graphics ability is its biggest selling point, but to take advantage of it, you'll need to invest in a high-definition TV — tacking on an extra couple hundred bucks, at least.
I haven't got a HDTV and I won't be getting one just for the Xbox 360. It's like saying, if you don't use DVI on a Geforce 7 it's gonna be shit. Stupid fucking statment!!

And if you add peripherals, such as the ability to play games over the Internet, the Xbox 360 costs nearly $600!
Where the hell are they getting this from. I'm assuming they are meaning if you don't have a internet connection and you need a router, etc., etc. The $400 Premium unit will come with everything you need to play online. Stupid researchers.

Older consoles are not dead yet — Both the original Xbox and the PS2 are selling for $149, with the GameCube coming in at a mere $99 — in all cases, a complete steal compared to the Xbox 360.
Agreed, they're not. But I wouldn't use that as an excuse not to buy a 360. In any case. The majority of people that purchase a console on release day are fans of the console or gamers that would already have older systems.

Finally, I'm not saying you should buy a 360, I just think that this is sloppy reporting that is aimed at ma and pa down on the farm. Either that or Bills been keeping some bad company lately and Bush is using his propaganda station to bash him a bit.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The statement about needing a HDTV is true the game looks very smooth and gorgeous on a HDTV put it on any normal tv and it looks like a bag of crap.

My GAME HDTV broke down yesterday they replaced it with some widescreen samsung TV you could see the quality that was missing from the HDTV, people were coming in and saying WOW the games look pants without one.

Also the cost of the wireless control pad is daylight robbery really you can expect to pay 30-£40 for a wireless control pad, the games will retail for around that price let me see Wireless controlpad or new game? hmmmmm yeah hard choice i guess.

I've learnt my lessons buying consoles on launch days ive had every single console so far and 2 days after you think ''wait i just spent over £400-500 on this?''

2-4 months later the price drops around £100 wtf? and you're still playing the same crappy games at release because nothing else but drivvel comes out.

PSP? does anyone actually play it now? i recently sold mine on ebay to some nut job for £600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom