News Fox Hysteria?

Fast

Part of the furniture
We need guns lots of big guns. The foxes they are amongst us.. :ninja:

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Its media spin, they go through bouts of this, constantly reporting on the same thing to make you scared of it then move on to the next thing once a better story pops up

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Its how it starts thats 3 articles on how dangerous foxes are in a week, give it a couple more weeks and foxes are going to be as dangerous as lions

I grew up on a farm and they are a complete nuisance but not blood thirsty killers of humans

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
BBC News - How common are fox attacks on humans?

Urban wildlife expert John Bryant said such an attack was extremely rare.

"I have only ever heard of two cases in my 40 years of dealing with foxes, one of which turned out to be a German Shepherd and the other a cat," he said.

But the media wont spin it that way its being written as if these monsters are out of control attacking children

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I guess if the worst thing we have to worry about in this country is a few foxes nipping nippers we live in a fairly safe country.

There's an article from a few weeks ago about fox(es) savaging babies in their cot but the only 'witness' was the mum downstairs who came into the room after the fact. I've not followed up on the article to see any outcome.

Foxes, as well as many other animals, are being forced from their natural habitat by us, humans. Its not really a big surprise they are searching for new places to hunt.

As Sparx said, they're a nuisance, but hardly a major threat to society.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
LOLOLOL

My uncle lives in Yorkshire and raises chicken. He tells me that a fox will break into the chicken pen, kill one chicken for food and then slaughter all the rest out of sheer spite.
Tom, London

For the record yes they will kill the entire coop but they try and busy as many as possible so they stockpile food for when they cant get any. Not out of spite

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I guess if the worst thing we have to worry about in this country is a few foxes nipping nippers we live in a fairly safe country.

There's an article from a few weeks ago about fox(es) savaging babies in their cot but the only 'witness' was the mum downstairs who came into the room after the fact. I've not followed up on the article to see any outcome.

Foxes, as well as many other animals, are being forced from their natural habitat by us, humans. Its not really a big surprise they are searching for new places to hunt.

As Sparx said, they're a nuisance, but hardly a major threat to society.

Actually they're being forced out of their natural habitat by other foxes and easier opportunities for food in urban areas. Problem is they have no natural predators, and townies don't exercise any control over their bins (in fact recycling and separating organic waste may be drawing more foxes into towns - easy pickins). Add in that trapping is the only way of catching foxes in urban areas (and isn't very efficient), and you're inevitably going to get fox migration and interaction with humans.

And before anyone says anything, no, hunting to hounds wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
LOLOLOL

For the record yes they will kill the entire coop but they try and busy as many as possible so they stockpile food for when they cant get any. Not out of spite

busy = bury

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I was shocked when I moved to south east London and found out that foxes sound like chimpanzees.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There is nothing more frightening when camping alone in the woods as a female fox calling.

What do people expect though, they are a wild animal, if a kid touches it its bound to react as if attacked. I am sure townies would only be happy if everything was concreted over with tidy little pens dotted around the place with a few animals in. Bloody media crap.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There are few things more pleasureable that make you feel like you're close to nature when, as an adult camping alone in the woods, you hear a perfectly harmless female fox calling.

There. Fixed :)

From that fucking wanky sensationalist BBC article said:
It is believed the fox turned on the boy when he saw the animal's tail sticking out from under a building and tried to stroke it.

Oooh. Wild animal bites. Kid learns not to do it again. There's news for ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom