Foundations on Euro DAOC

N

-Nxs-

Anyone looked at the nice new addon to the main DAOC site for foundations.

Damn im pleased i have broadband, all those nice pretty pictures, animations, flash and music.

It looks really nice, im so pleased that time was spent on this lovely feature, and not repairing the chronicles, lowering the outstanding support calls or shortening the delay to 1.62

Well done :)

<thinks hes had a little too much to drink tonight>

O

old.Normengast

That's the 1001 th time I read this

Why do you need to start a new thread for that?

why do i even reply to it

A

Archeon

I'm not gonna bother till its near realise in the EU, don't want to get myself too worked up and then when the almost inevitable 'we have to delay the housing addon' news comes i won't feel the need to hop on the train to france and drive a small semi-detactable truck into the side of GOA's office ;)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by old.Normengast
That's the 1001 th time I read this

Why do you need to start a new thread for that?

why do i even reply to it

Ok fine, ill be generous point me to just 2 threads under Geneeral Discussions and ill close this one, looked at the first page and nothing there when I posted this.

Why did you reply ? shamless post count i gueess... like me

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by -Nxs-
It looks really nice, im so pleased that time was spent on this lovely feature, and not repairing the chronicles, lowering the outstanding support calls or shortening the delay to 1.62

I doubt their graphics team has any inclination to be handling support issues, nor are they likely to have the knowledge and experience required.
As for the chronicles: the required software is made by Mythic, so that's entirely unrelated.

I know they are both big problems, but what you're suggestion is pure nonsense.

N

-Nxs-

Re: Re: Foundations on Euro DAOC

Originally posted by Thorarin
I doubt their graphics team has any inclination to be handling support issues, nor are they likely to have the knowledge and experience required.
As for the chronicles: the required software is made by Mythic, so that's entirely unrelated.

I know they are both big problems, but what you're suggestion is pure nonsense.

Anyone with half a brain would realise that if you are understaffed in one area - and have excess time to do things like the above that there is something wrong with the structure of your organisation.

Try thinking before you post :) Nonsense my arse.

S

svartmetall

However...say (just for the sake of argument) that's GOA's customer service WAS at least vaguely acceptable, and their servers WEREN'T laggy pieces of shit that would be out-performed by a Commodore 64 - were this the case, then people would be saying "wow it's a really nice site" and not saying they had too much time on their hands.

A

Archeon

Re: Re: Re: Foundations on Euro DAOC

Anyone with half a brain would realise that if you are understaffed in one area - and have excess time to do things like the above that there is something wrong with the structure of your organisation.

Sure, and while were at it the guy that clears out the bins and hovers the floor in GOA's offices. Well he's not always working. He should damn well translate the patch as well!

N

-Nxs-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Foundations on Euro DAOC

Originally posted by Archeon
Sure, and while were at it the guy that clears out the bins and hovers the floor in GOA's offices. Well he's not always working. He should damn well translate the patch as well!

ROFLMAO you really dont have a clue do you :) Bet you're atill at school or a student hehe

[EDIT] ohh sorry.... i appologise, just noticed your sig... Excal player.

A

Archeon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Foundations on Euro DAOC

[EDIT] ohh sorry.... i appologise, just noticed your sig... Excal player.

And your saying i don't have a clue?

O

old.LandShark

Well, while Nxs' response was fairly moronic, Archeon, you have to at least recognise that GOA don't employ enough support staff and continue to make pretty flash that no-one wants :p
Thing is of course that I doubt they have a permanent large web team, they'll just hire extras when they want to add a flash bit and retain a skeleton crew to maintain the servers.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by old.LandShark
you have to at least recognise that GOA don't employ enough support staff and continue to make pretty flash that no-one wants :p

Can't really argue with that, but then again it is very pretty flash ;)

J

Jupitus

I seem to recall plenty of moans aimed at GOA for not doing enough to encourage people to come and join the game, and yet when they try to do just that with an attractive website they get flamed still.....:rolleyes:

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Jupitus
I seem to recall plenty of moans aimed at GOA for not doing enough to encourage people to come and join the game, and yet when they try to do just that with an attractive website they get flamed still.....:rolleyes:

Think im going to regret locking horns with Jup.... but the main gripe for attacting new members is for the english population, there is very little effort to attract people to the english servers, the nice pretty website is wasted if people dont even know about it, but I do get your point, besides im a customer, its my job to moan :)

D

Drakhai

I wonder when the first lot will be sold. Anyone got 95p to spend? :)

O

old.Normengast

Ok fine, ill be generous point me to just 2 threads under Geneeral Discussions and ill close this one, looked at the first page and nothing there when I posted this.

Why did you reply ? shamless post count i gueess... like me
ok let's take a look:

me: joined may 2002, 129 posts

you: joined sept 2002, 597 posts

speak for yourself or don't speak at all. I've never been interested at boosting my own post amount, doesn't mean shit to me.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by old.Normengast
ok let's take a look:

me: joined may 2002, 129 posts

you: joined sept 2002, 597 posts

speak for yourself or don't speak at all. I've never been interested at boosting my own post amount, doesn't mean shit to me.

It must do - as you still havent shown me these so called 1001 threads on the same subject, i only asked for 2

D

Driwen

they do need a website for foundation though and they are waiting for the 1.61 patch for the chronicles. As that one changes how the chronicles work and I guess that goa already has a working version for the 1.61 chronicle. And 1.62 is mostly translator problems, which as you can see they are also trying to help. As they are hiring one more translator for every language + a spanish one :confused: .
And more translators doesnt necessarily mean faster translating, its the same with amount of cpu's on a pc. 2 cpu's is nice, but 5 would mean you are most likely wasting 1 cpu or more just at controlling the flow of information to the cpu's.
And I believe goa is also working on reducing the support calls, but not sure about that though.
Besides the fact that as Archeon said that this is most likely just a product of an other company and probably doesnt come near the amount of money needed to hire a person for atleast 6 months:).

and nxs your thread is new kinda. It combines alot of threads together though, there are atleast 5 about the chronicles, alot about goa's support and some about when 1.62 will be here.

J

Jupitus

Think im going to regret locking horns with Jup.... but the main gripe for attacting new members is for the english population, there is very little effort to attract people to the english servers, the nice pretty website is wasted if people dont even know about it, but I do get your point, besides im a customer, its my job to moan :)

The fact remains though - whether it's aimed at English, French, German or Egyptian users, the site promotes the game. GOA see their site and it's appearance as a key to attracting gamers to DAoC, and whether their marketing policy is right or not you can't criticise them for at least trying.

PC +1 ;)

A

acei

Erm they probably got a external company to create that site, i find it very unlikely that they have webdesigners capable of that but they haven't improved the DAOC site in so long, almost certain it was contract based work.

N

ning

lowering the outstanding support calls or shortening the delay to 1.62

Euh IMO it's not the same people who translate, answer support call, run the servers, ... .

N

ning

Re: Re: Re: Re: Foundations on Euro DAOC

Originally posted by driwen
As they are hiring one more translator for every language + a spanish one :confused: .

Yeah I don't understand why they are hiring spanish translator. Maybe they want open spanish DAOC servers. Or maybe it's for Ryzom ? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom