Foundations Beta up on Gorre in French

T

trafikk_jamm

For those that want to try out the beta it is up now on Gorre if u can understand french ok

R

razorboy

I understand french and all, but patcher seems to be broken :( Cant get past some buttons2.bmp :(

T

trafikk_jamm

Hmmm yeah i am getting the same problem, however there is about 180 peeps on Gorre at the moment.

Come to think of it wasnt there a problem in the past with buttons2.bmp in some previous patch ?

A

acei

It's updated and working fine for me... but i don't understand French so i'm confused lol

P

Purefun

Had the same error bout butons2.bmp, here's how to solve it :
Change the update.dat to
Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/french/isles/mpatch.dat
You'll dl the current french patch including the buttons2.bmp (which didn't change in last patch).
Change it back so ip ends in .9 instead of .21 and it should work now.

A

acei

It's not too hard to understand even without French :D i just laid out my garden after buying a villa and setup alchemy tables and paintings etc, it's pretty good. Shame that i can't understand the merchants around the area.

R

razorboy

Originally posted by Purefun
Had the same error bout butons2.bmp, here's how to solve it :
Change the update.dat to
Mythic Patch
You'll dl the current french patch including the buttons2.bmp (which didn't change in last patch).
Change it back so ip ends in .9 instead of .21 and it should work now.

merci man :)

B

Bleri McThrust

Im getting the following (translated via babelfish)

impossible to connect itself to the waiter of update. Thank you to test later on. If you do not arrive has to connect you, your parameters Internet verifiez

{edit} never mind nerf my stupid typing :p patching now :p

P

Purefun

Posted solution to that above, the patcher can't dl a certain file buttons2.bmp (french version) from the housing patchservers so you have to get the file from the current one. A bit of fiddling around can get you everywhere :)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Bleri McThrust
Im getting the following (translated via babelfish)

impossible to connect itself to the waiter of update. Thank you to test later on. If you do not arrive has to connect you, your parameters Internet verifiez

{edit} never mind nerf my stupid typing :p patching now :p

Roflmao - bablefish confuses waiter with server as far as i remember

N

ning

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Roflmao - bablefish confuses waiter with server as far as i remember

because waiter and server are the same word in french (serveur) :)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by ning

I got a D for french at school - come to think of it i only got an E for english

D

Demolay

Translate from US english to French *sigh* and slowly !

B

Bleri McThrust

My problem wsant following instructions or reading what to do (well sort off) I had an eroneous space appear in update.dat :p

After a few hours trying to understand the french terms and experimenting with the house I think Ill wait untill the English translation before I try again :)

Btw little chance of them reading it here but thanks to the people who invited me into guild to test guild banners etc and who put up with my Je suis anglais ... ne parlez francais. /gu whats french for fence please ... hehe.

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by ning

aye, apparently they take offence to "Garcon!!!" (boy obv) nowadays :p

I think it was the finger-clicking that did it myself.

O

old.job

OOOh , I messed around downloading all kinds a stuff, and now the entry screens are all in French, even though I've reverted to old update.dat.
And certain in-game text is in French, like pet commands and grp box titles.
Help!!

N

ning

Originally posted by old.job
OOOh , I messed around downloading all kinds a stuff, and now the entry screens are all in French, even though I've reverted to old update.dat.
And certain in-game text is in French, like pet commands and grp box titles.
Help!!

delete the directory \language.

M

~Mobius~

Was just on and a gm message came up saying "ok shut down now im all done :) "

And got thrown off the server. :(

K

kemor

You logged on THE very second when we had to shutdown to wipe the houses. Gorre will come back up in 15 minutes (as the message said a bit earlier).

M

~Mobius~

Ah didnt get the first message, bad timing by me. :p
Silly question but is there an npc or something to give you money? Since you cant afford a horse at lvl1 and people are to busy to stop and talk.

M

~Mobius~

Strange, now I get an error message. (In french)

M

Moody

Piece of advice. When you manage to get on Gorre, make a lvl 30 minstrel, skald or bard. Will make it a lot easier to explore a bit.

Have fun :)

F

filofax

Oi, anyone know how to put up forge/merchants etc? tried around abit but didnt manage to find that OR how to put up a porch :(

M

~Mobius~

Don't have /level, unfortunatly. Housing looks nice, got some screenshots. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom