Foundations available NOW....

W

Wayfarer

Wondered if anyone else noticed this but i just purchased the DVD version of 'PC Gamer' and similar to what happened in USA the cover of the box has Dark Age of Camelot Foundations as one of the features....

Thought it might be a False alarm but on inserting disk and selecting it was indeed the full installation!!

Anyone else tried it - worth a look as it certainly indicates that its coming VERY soon!!

Way

P

[PS]Venom

Methinks GOA was planning on having it out soon, but this excrement that just hit the rotating pieces of metal has slowed them down.

I wouldn't recommend installing it.

W

Wayfarer

Well....

Its not too hard to fix for me as i use a multi PC setup and i installed it - there is no percerptible change but only been in game for 5 mins...

Way

S

SilverHood

that's the US version of PC Gamer? Because I have the October version sitting in front of me, and there's no foundations mention here :)

W

Wayfarer

No its UK version came out today in my part of the World....

Scotland btw.

Way

S

SilverHood

ah, there it is, hidden away from prying eyes

I'd still think it's for the US version, or, it's merely the source files :)

W

Wayfarer

Nah the link in the installer is for Goa etc..

Gonna go and check the portal points if i can figure out where the hell they are....

Way

T

Thorarin

That installation is intended to save you some download time when Foundations goes live. Should be very welcome for modem users especially.

Foundations was originally planned to go live around this time, but along with RightNow and subscription pages, the E&E / Volunteer boards are also down, so naturally the testing has been delayed..

I don't know what the new planning is, but regardless of when Foundations goes live, if you have a slow internet connection, this DVD feature is useful :)

F

freeq

think thats a wicked idea sticking it on comp mags, although foundations doent interest me in the slightest, the DL time for dial up folks would prolly be a killer, specially with that BT 2 hour boot ya crap.

about time something good happened :D

T

Tafaya Anathas

If it is on DVD, why GOA don't make it downloadable yet, it would be very useful for modem users who can't get the DVD.

M

~Mobius~

What issue of Pc Gamer? The one with the Halo 2 demo?
Didnt think it was out yet. :(

O

old.Gillaien

It's coming with 1.63, as to be read in GOA news, and we will get it when the patch goes live :)

O

old.0xygen

Erm how could pc gamer have a demo of Halo2 :p

ANyhoo its UK PC Gamer October 2003 and its sitting right beside me :p

Foundations is on the dvd gamer only. Also its the si version/gold edition version so if u have just the original daoc u cant use it.

L

-Lonewolf-

You guys still waiting on Foundations!?!

Jesus h christ

P

pihlss

Originally posted by Wayfarer
No its UK version came out today in my part of the World....

Scotland btw.

Way

waiting at the interpress office at monday for me too se if you pulling our legs ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom