fotm....

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
It's an old point and one people probably don't care about. I don't know about other realms but Midgard sucks for the current fotm attitude. I play a thane, i like playing my thane, it suits me as I like to farm alone a lot of the time and don't have the time for gank group RvR. It's nice to see that fellow midgard players are more interesed in making huge amounts of money and promoting the narrow band of fotm classes than actually playing as a realm.

Recent exclusion from the "public" dragon raids being organised is pissine me off. A thane can particapate in these and participate well, but is excluded for because it's not FoTM.

Personally i've put a lot of time and effort into my character and this realm. Participating in raids, dropping everything for call to arms, organising ML raids when most people can't be bothered. And my reward for this, almost total exclusion from RvR, and now, the kicker, exclusion from organised PvE raids...

I'm beginning to wonder why i even bother contributing.

Wonkey

Fledgling Freddie
oi, I hate those who tells me how to specc my shammy :mad: I dont want to be fotm, I just want to have fun, so stop telling me how to spec! :eek:

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
u talking about the dragon raid, well keep in mind those raids are for 25ppl and with as balanced grps and layout as possible

thanes because the lack of DETERMINATION do not fit in.
thats all.

u can purge one, but next mezz/stun kills you, and your grp.. keep that in mind. DETERMINATION greatly reduces CC on your char, ive played det5 chars and its was a true joy, when i got mezzed and it faded away so fast.

its nothing personal mate, but thane charachters have disadventage in this situation.

my thoughts

ps: ive never heard any other raids (tg or ml) didnt want thanes...

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Thanes can still be 'scout catchers' on dragon raids no?

Kinda rude vs thanes to ban them from dragon raids.

Yar your best bet is to organise a mini tg raid/summoner raid and claim a stone, if you need one that is.

Random mobs can drop single line respec stones in tg, and summoner is doable with a group.

duact

Fledgling Freddie
my thane had no problem to get into "fotm only leet ppl" dragonraids and entrance guarder. maby u just suck?

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
duact said:
my thane had no problem to get into "fotm only leet ppl" dragonraids and entrance guarder. maby u just suck?

Maybe you should take a look at the recent dragonraids o_O.

Oh and qq etc.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
duact said:

mabeh thats a retarded reply so could youjust fo?

maybe.

Expreso

Fledgling Freddie
what bhalage said... we want to kill one of the hardest mobs in game with only 3 fg, so we need the best we have arround to make it possible...

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
duact said:

"Maby u just suck". I do hope you do not mean it as its sound, if so, you truely have a attitude problem.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
duact said:

DUACT the gimped thane trying to act cool/elite.. you isn't so stop it :kissit:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Lothandar said:
Thanes can still be 'scout catchers' on dragon raids no?

Kinda rude vs thanes to ban them from dragon raids.

Yar your best bet is to organise a mini tg raid/summoner raid and claim a stone, if you need one that is.

Random mobs can drop single line respec stones in tg, and summoner is doable with a group.

I don't need stones, i've got plenty of cash to buy them, i just want different attitudes, people are just greedy and selfish these days.

+ i'm getting sick of organising raids only to have people whine about the way i choose to run them and then have the same people who come on my raids then ignore me when i'm searching for a group myself.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
duact said:

all the recent ones have excluded non fotm classes so that the people on them can make the maximum amount of cash possible.

and i suck for giving a shit about the realm i've been playing in for the last couple of years. well if that's what people think i can't be arsed any more actually giving my time and energy up just to help other people and help them participate.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
yaruar said:
I don't need stones, i've got plenty of cash to buy them, i just want different attitudes, people are just greedy and selfish these days.

+ i'm getting sick of organising raids only to have people whine about the way i choose to run them and then have the same people who come on my raids then ignore me when i'm searching for a group myself.

Thats funny.

You say that you are sick of people that whine about the way you choose to run your raid.
I can only laugh at this lol.
Youve been doing nothing else than whine about my way of running MY raids with not accepting thanes.
So basicly. You are free to hit others but they are not allowed to hit you? :twak:

I am not gonna flame you cause I hate that. Just pointing your opinion out.
:puke:

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Well cemi0, it's a difference on doing ML raids and doing Dragon Raids.

You should know.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
cemi0 said:
Thats funny.

You say that you are sick of people that whine about the way you choose to run your raid.
I can only laugh at this lol.
Youve been doing nothing else than whine about my way of running MY raids with not accepting thanes.
So basicly. You are free to hit others but they are not allowed to hit you? :twak:

I am not gonna flame you cause I hate that. Just pointing your opinion out.
:puke:

yeah but i would never exclude anyone from any of the raids i was doing. i'm sure there would be lots of people pissed off when i run a ml8 bg raid and say that all savages will be kicked from the bg as i don't want them......

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
etcetra said:
Well cemi0, it's a difference on doing ML raids and doing Dragon Raids.

You should know.

What is the different?

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
yaruar said:
yeah but i would never exclude anyone from any of the raids i was doing. i'm sure there would be lots of people pissed off when i run a ml8 bg raid and say that all savages will be kicked from the bg as i don't want them......

But you dont have a limit on a zergy bg steps.

I cant go over 25ppl cause then not all would get stones.
You can be as many as you want.

Thats the different.

Would mean more whine if you banned thanes form ml8 bg than from my dragonraids.

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Anyway. As I answered a PM.
I will allow thanes to my raid after campagne. If it works out sure.
Never played a thane, rarely played with one. So dno what they stands for. Just know that i got 24 other people to think of also.

You are still welcome to sign up after campagne. Hope I still can go on your MLs.
Cheers

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
cemi0 said:
Anyway. As I answered a PM.
I will allow thanes to my raid after campagne. If it works out sure.
Never played a thane, rarely played with one. So dno what they stands for. Just know that i got 24 other people to think of also.

You are still welcome to sign up after campagne. Hope I still can go on your MLs.
Cheers

I think you'll be suprised how well thanes actually do on dr's, like all pve they are actually above average, especially as the few of us left are generally some of the most experienced players in the game... the last dr i went on none of the savages actually knew where malmo was and thought we had to port there. The stun from the dragon shouldn't have much effect anyway as resists still efect mezz time and the main problem on dr's is people not actually listening to instruction and reading the warnings from the dragon.

Khrin

One of Freddy's beloved
Actually i dont really see Heallers raids as public, they have a strict limit of persons allowed to join, u sign up and maybe u get in and it's he's decision as leader to decide what classes he want so thats not really something to get upset about imo.

I do agree tho that this server has gone extremely fotm and that its often hard to get grps for both PVE and RVR if u arent the right class, specced the right way, choose the right ra's and ml-line and wear the right equpiment...

But well... We all know that all Thanes are notorious mezzbreakers and have no hp, Hunters will die in 2 hits and do no dmg at all, all tanks and lightanks that has the option to get determination will have it, a zerk is useless for RVR unless he has Battler, Malice, GoV and Scalars and so on :puke:

It is all of us that creates the climate of the server we play on, we make the rules for "how things should be done" and pass on our ideas to other players and when enough time have past we have make those ideas our reality.

I think much of this comes from greed and a wish to be better than others.
People think - If i can kill this mob/complete this ML or kill 2.5 FG enemys with 1FG then i will have a 6256542 bigger chance to get an uberdrop than in a normal raid, no wait ill get 4 uberdrops i can sell or feel that i am so much better than the random n00bs that dont win 98% of their encounters with enemyplayers and therefor ppl try to do hard things with as few ppl as possible and then in order to succeed they need to choose the exact right classes with the right speccs etc which will leave many other ppl out and then those ppl that was left out will roll fotm-chars and then they need uberequipment so they start to kill the mobs with as few ppl as possible to be sure they will get the things they need and then rdy for RVR they dont want to grp with the random n00bs that dont win almost every fight and then the story goes on...

Ofc this is not the only reason, many times when ppl choose to make fotmgrps its because they are having a guildthing, want to grp with their friends, doing a ML-grpstep that will not give credit to more than 8 ppl and is hard to complete or having a deal in grp "if xxx drops i will get it and if yyy drops u will get it" and so on and therefore exlude other ppl coz of that, not mainly coz they are the wrong class.

I think much of this will be hard to change and its really sad to see ppl leave DAoC coz they get left behind in the ML's or gets sick of standing for hours at MTK and not getting a grp...

Would it be too much to ask that ppl stop a sec and think - Do we really need to spam /as for a zerk or savage for MLX grpstep when there is a BD here that needs it and we have a good solid grp already??? Must we stand at MTK wait port after port for the "right" class to arrive or could we try take someone else that is present and LFG even if that makes our grpsetup to be slightly different from all other days??? If we fail on something was that coz we had wrong classes in grp or could it have been other reasons??? (and if we fail on something, does that mean unbelivable pain and suffering and the end of the world as we know it???)

Also dont forget that its ppl we talk about not only classes. Personally I much rather invite some "gimped SB in paperarmour" that I know can play he's class well and are behaving nice in a grp than some high rr savage with ubergear that are rude to ppl or dont know how to play he's class!

But well yes, ppl have different goals, mine is to have fun and to play together with nice ppl, some other ppls goals seems to be to get as much money they possibly can or to collect more rp's than anone has done in xxx days before, while other prefer to hunt alone or solve every quest in the game and so on...

If u feel that someone excludes u simply coz the class u play, then maybe u dont wanna join them afterall? Play with ur friends and guild or arrange things urself where u set the rules, and in the end, if u like ur class then dont listen to what some ppl say if u feel they are wrong.

Emergency Roma

Fledgling Freddie
Khrin said:
Actually i dont really see Heallers raids as public, they have a strict limit of persons allowed to join, u sign up and maybe u get in and it's he's decision as leader to decide what classes he want so thats not really something to get upset about imo.

I do agree tho that this server has gone extremely fotm and that its often hard to get grps for both PVE and RVR if u arent the right class, specced the right way, choose the right ra's and ml-line and wear the right equpiment...

But well... We all know that all Thanes are notorious mezzbreakers and have no hp, Hunters will die in 2 hits and do no dmg at all, all tanks and lightanks that has the option to get determination will have it, a zerk is useless for RVR unless he has Battler, Malice, GoV and Scalars and so on :puke:

It is all of us that creates the climate of the server we play on, we make the rules for "how things should be done" and pass on our ideas to other players and when enough time have past we have make those ideas our reality.

People think - If i can kill this mob/complete this ML or kill 2.5 FG enemys with 1FG then i will have a 6256542 bigger chance to get an uberdrop than in a normal raid, no wait ill get 4 uberdrops i can sell or feel that i am so much better than the random n00bs that dont win 98% of their encounters with enemyplayers and therefor ppl try to do hard things with as few ppl as possible and then in order to succeed they need to choose the exact right classes with the right speccs etc which will leave many other ppl out and then those ppl that was left out will roll fotm-chars and then they need uberequipment so they start to kill the mobs with as few ppl as possible to be sure they will get the things they need and then rdy for RVR they dont want to grp with the random n00bs that dont win almost every fight and then the story goes on...

Ofc this is not the only reason, many times when ppl choose to make fotmgrps its because they are having a guildthing, want to grp with their friends, doing a ML-grpstep that will not give credit to more than 8 ppl and is hard to complete or having a deal in grp "if xxx drops i will get it and if yyy drops u will get it" and so on and therefore exlude other ppl coz of that, not mainly coz they are the wrong class.

I think much of this will be hard to change and its really sad to see ppl leave DAoC coz they get left behind in the ML's or gets sick of standing for hours at MTK and not getting a grp...

Would it be too much to ask that ppl stop a sec and think - Do we really need to spam /as for a zerk or savage for MLX grpstep when there is a BD here that needs it and we have a good solid grp already??? Must we stand at MTK wait port after port for the "right" class to arrive or could we try take someone else that is present and LFG even if that makes our grpsetup to be slightly different from all other days??? If we fail on something was that coz we had wrong classes in grp or could it have been other reasons??? (and if we fail on something, does that mean unbelivable pain and suffering and the end of the world as we know it???)

Also dont forget that its ppl we talk about not only classes. Personally I much rather invite some "gimped SB in paperarmour" that I know can play he's class well and are behaving nice in a grp than some high rr savage with ubergear that are rude to ppl or dont know how to play he's class!

But well yes, ppl have different goals, mine is to have fun and to play together with nice ppl, some other ppls goals seems to be to get as much money they possibly can or to collect more rp's than anone has done in xxx days before, while other prefer to hunt alone or solve every quest in the game and so on...

If u feel that someone excludes u simply coz the class u play, then maybe u dont wanna join them afterall? Play with ur friends and guild or arrange things urself where u set the rules, and in the end, if u like ur class then dont listen to what some ppl say if u feel they are wrong.

Great post , grats Khrin
Agree 100%

Emer

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, why on earth exclude thanes on normal raids? You probably just heard they suck, and then theyre not allowed? :p - The only real reason they are considdered that is because of the lack of Determination.. where on earth do u need it for in pve? :x

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
yaruar said:

You call other people for selfish, because you can't join a closed raid with a class that doesn't fit into the "strategy" used? There's no one who's preventing you from organizing a dragon raid the way that you want it to be.

yaruar said:

Ain't you doing the exact same thing here, whining about how a raid is being run... Oh, with the exception: You ain't even on the raid in the first place - pot, kettle, black?

... nor is anyone forcing you to let people stay, if they don't like how raids is being lead - you can actually remove them with /bg remove <name>.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Khrin said:
no comment its public and thanes can be lair guards but who want an epic thane who really dont show that he is "worthy" in other areas.
Khrin said:
well in rvr you choose thane, sb or hunter you should be aware of not getting groups when you go emain, its quite simple because they bring nothign to fg vs fg fights and if you want that get a decent group class and dont tell me thanes are fun or stealthers are fun to play in grps, they sure probably are never tryed but sence their effectiveness isn't built to be in groups like this thats where they fail, maybe thanes are good in NF but who knows just keep hoping you thanes out there. ^^
Khrin said:
Once again your asking to join opted fg vs fg grps going out to gank in emain and expect to get a grp invite with your halfarsed epic gear and df weapons how would you think the other ppl in group would think if the grp leader would invite that person because he should be allowed to rvr as anyone else, its wrong for ppl who spent time to get their gear sorted and want good rvr dont wanna grp with ppl who CBA..

Khrin said:
aye, without the old leaders of certain guilds even like wrathofsauron,
he forced ous to get rid of that epic gear and put on sc and i remember loads of ppl getting upset and it was just a matter of a few hours of farming to get the first sc back then but anyhow it made the rvr LOTS more fun afterwards but you really didn't think of that when you where doing those 12hours of diamond seal farming in df.

Khrin said:
Wrong its about being compeative in rvr I really dont care how i get any of my mls or gear or crap like that if i could buy all of it from goa for 50€ i woulda done it the first day toa came out.

Khrin said:
on another notice i heard ppl excluded hunters and sbs from bg raids witch i find really stupid because they can only help out in those areas.
Khrin said:
well, if you didn't get invited because your a (nonewantedclass) maybe think of rerolling or arranging yourself, its not really hard to get a ml bg or artifact raid and get some ppl, and if you want rvr grp as thane get some other thanes and hopefully maybe some healer who want a few rps for mcl wanna come out with you.
Khrin said:
perfecting mls grps in mid sounds rediculus, but in rvr i agree its needed i rather play in "right classes/right persons" grps because after i run out with gimped setups and get farmed because its not working im just getting annoyed.
Khrin said:
I rarely grped a sb, and one time i played with kallio in a jh grp, mostly because i knew both but really they know it and so do everyone in grp its not 100% efficiant sure we mighta won but when we loose who to blame what did we do wrong, sence all in that grp want good rvr and want to win
they all realize its maybe because the shadowblade have low dmg not much hp and not so much utility.
And fyi i played with poon and mumin, both rude ppl irl :(
Khrin said:
Its not about money or rps before xxx days played, if anyone rvr for those reasons they are fools imo.
Some rvr because its fun maybe?..

Khrin said:
aye thanes should form a guild and get together and play and notice how hard it would still be with getting healers and shamans for their grps who go out and get farmed in rvr, and same with pve you make a grp that doesn't work who wanna go get "artifact hunt" with classes who dont work.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I think I saw a post by cemi0 sometime about thanes not in on his raids because he didnt know much about the class.. you cant plan as well with unknown factors.

also.. it's not just thanes is it?
clicky
no room for BDs or RMs there... just the fotm-nuking SMs ;)

My personal thoughts are.. thanes look fun, I'd very much like to try one someday.. I'm mostly a PvE whore (6.5 bubs on my warrior with 70 days played). I play the game to have fun.. I'm not too stressed about ingame stuff.

btw Yaruar.. great ML7 raid :clap:

Bjaadi

Fledgling Freddie
i thought my thane was fotm :(

if ppl decide thanes cant join a raids then just dont bother...
you cant make thane something we arnt.. we will never fit in a fotm setup anywhere... enjoy your thane for what it is... make guild rvr groups/your own raids then noone can tell you you arnt good enough :)

Khrin

One of Freddy's beloved
Z^^ said:
no comment its public and thanes can be lair guards but who want an epic thane who really dont show that he is "worthy" in other areas.

Who said anything about epic?

Z^^ said:
well in rvr you choose thane, sb or hunter you should be aware of not getting groups when you go emain, its quite simple because they bring nothign to fg vs fg fights and if you want that get a decent group class and dont tell me thanes are fun or stealthers are fun to play in grps, they sure probably are never tryed but sence their effectiveness isn't built to be in groups like this thats where they fail, maybe thanes are good in NF but who knows just keep hoping you thanes out there. ^^

I have a Zerk with capped ToA-SC and artifacts that has a hard time get RVR-grps (Quote: we want a sav and u dont have gov) and my hunter i play solo or in stealthgrps in RVR but it was a living hell to get her to ML10 since they are unwanted in ML-grps.

Z^^ said:
Once again your asking to join opted fg vs fg grps going out to gank in emain and expect to get a grp invite with your halfarsed epic gear and df weapons how would you think the other ppl in group would think if the grp leader would invite that person because he should be allowed to rvr as anyone else, its wrong for ppl who spent time to get their gear sorted and want good rvr dont wanna grp with ppl who CBA..

See above.

Z^^ said:
aye, without the old leaders of certain guilds even like wrathofsauron,
he forced ous to get rid of that epic gear and put on sc and i remember loads of ppl getting upset and it was just a matter of a few hours of farming to get the first sc back then but anyhow it made the rvr LOTS more fun afterwards but you really didn't think of that when you where doing those 12hours of diamond seal farming in df.

I dont think u see my point here, im talking about at lot more things than just the need to wear sc for RVR which i agree on.

Z^^ said:
Wrong its about being compeative in rvr I really dont care how i get any of my mls or gear or crap like that if i could buy all of it from goa for 50€ i woulda done it the first day toa came out.

If it's only about being competative in RVR how come ppl need 6 GoV's and 500p after they already have equipped their RVR-char(s)? And isnt competative in RVR just another way of putting "be better than other" ?

Z^^ said:
on another notice i heard ppl excluded hunters and sbs from bg raids witch i find really stupid because they can only help out in those areas.

aye

Z^^ said:
well, if you didn't get invited because your a (nonewantedclass) maybe think of rerolling or arranging yourself, its not really hard to get a ml bg or artifact raid and get some ppl, and if you want rvr grp as thane get some other thanes and hopefully maybe some healer who want a few rps for mcl wanna come out with you.

See above again.
Speaking of raids i've lead numerous raids (TG, artifacthunts, ML-raids not forget the WoW-hunts back in the days :)) but thats not the point here, what im speaking of is the attitude. Should the non-wanted classes be forced to arrange everything to get what they need while the wanted ones gets invited without have to bother much about arrange things? Furthermore maybe many Thanes dont want to form a Thane-grp with some healer that "wants a few rp's" and dont wanna hear every day that they are useless for a grp...

Z^^ said:
perfecting mls grps in mid sounds rediculus, but in rvr i agree its needed i rather play in "right classes/right persons" grps because after i run out with gimped setups and get farmed because its not working im just getting annoyed.

Well time after time u see ppl build perfect fotmgrps for ML-steps when its not needed. I've heard many, many times by now that ppl who plays less wanted classes gets left behind in the ML's/have a hard time getting artifacts coz they dont have a fotm-class to farm the artis with. When it comes to RVR - yes u must have a good grp to stand a chance but would the grp be gimped if u switched one savage to something else?

Z^^ said:
I rarely grped a sb, and one time i played with kallio in a jh grp, mostly because i knew both but really they know it and so do everyone in grp its not 100% efficiant sure we mighta won but when we loose who to blame what did we do wrong, sence all in that grp want good rvr and want to win
they all realize its maybe because the shadowblade have low dmg not much hp and not so much utility.
And fyi i played with poon and mumin, both rude ppl irl :(

If u missed it this thread was about both RVR and PVE. I dont think there are many SB's that expect or wants normal RVR-grps but they do want their ML's done and they often have a hard time getting grps.

Z^^ said:
Its not about money or rps before xxx days played, if anyone rvr for those reasons they are fools imo.
Some rvr because its fun maybe?..

Yes and RG had a rule back in a while that if u didnt earn X rp's every week u got kicked from guild, NP had their farm 1 mill rp in a week and so on
Speaking of money, well if it's not about money why does ppl lotto on things they dont need and then go sell it for 20p 5 mins after the lotto?
Ofc ppl RVR coz its fun just aswell as ppl PVE coz it's fun (and yes, some ppl hates RVR while others hates PVE and yet others like both) but i think noone finds it fun to hear that they are gimped and constantly get excluded from the things they want to do with the class they want to play.

Z^^ said:
aye thanes should form a guild and get together and play and notice how hard it would still be with getting healers and shamans for their grps who go out and get farmed in rvr, and same with pve you make a grp that doesn't work who wanna go get "artifact hunt" with classes who dont work.

This was actually one of the most stupid things ive read. I was talking about attitudes from the start and ur attitude is horrible.

Basically u took my thoughts about how nice it could be if ppl lightened up a bit and tried out new things and turned it all into something about I think that ppl should RVR in epic and DF-weapons and that everyone should invite whatever class avalible what was never what I wrote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom