FoTM cabbys? i think so

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
Hi all, just wanna draw attention to cabby, best class ever so :p
Im posting this mainly cos i think its about time cabbys are goven the credit they deserve, if played well they own and a cabby Body de-buff group in RvR can do sum seriuose damage. I play a few characters and i have to say cabby are gr8 fun but (deff in PvE) need a bit of a boost.....

So just to let you know, next time a spirit cabby asks to join your group in RvR give em a go... u wont be disapointed

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
Airalith said:
Hi all, just wanna draw attention to cabby, best class ever so :p
Im posting this mainly cos i think its about time cabbys are goven the credit they deserve, if played well they own and a cabby Body de-buff group in RvR can do sum seriuose damage. I play a few characters and i have to say cabby are gr8 fun but (deff in PvE) need a bit of a boost.....

So just to let you know, next time a spirit cabby asks to join your group in RvR give em a go... u wont be disapointed

Do you know what fotm means? Do you think that just because you play a fotm-class you will get rvr groups? A fotm-class doesn't necessary have to be good, but that is often the case. I doubt cabalists will become fotm just because you saythat they ARE fotm. :eek:

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
plastic said:
Do you know what fotm means? Do you think that just because you play a fotm-class you will get rvr groups? A fotm-class doesn't necessary have to be good, but that is often the case. I doubt cabalists will become fotm just because you saythat they ARE fotm. :eek:

You sure typed alot to say nothing there didn't you. :p

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Cabalist are the most underrated class in DaoC.

Seems like they popping up everywhere on prydwen atm.

prolly due to Ilums success with Bodyrot :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Furthermore, spelling and grammar are your best friends :fluffle:

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Spirit Cabby fits only in group it can debuff damage on really. In tank group (if there still are any about, nurf BG :p) Spirit Cabby doesn't bring enough utility to be worth it, imo.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Chimaira said:
Maybe if u are from Essex.

he might not be :(

Essex for the win :cheers: It's more pleasing to the average pair of eyes to read as well :D

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
Chimaira said:
Cabalist are the most underrated class in DaoC.

Indeed, they are an extremely powerful and versatile class, which makes them very fun to play, more people should give them a go.

Still trying to arrange a piccie with all the simmies stood together:)

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
They are good but they arnt fotm :<

I think cabbys should be combined with wizzies, that would put alb caster groups back on track :D orrrrrr mebbie it would just make my wizzi grossly overpowered \o\

oh and essex 4tw :clap:

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Cabalists have a lot more utility in groups than SMs. Just SMs have the pbae which most go for. I couldn't believe when I tried it out that cabbies are seen as a class that have trouble getting groups. Access to Lifetap and Life Transfer is EXTREMELY powerful if played well, something that Spirit Masters cannot do without going split spec but Cabalists don't have to worry about.
Nothing really comparable in Hib as Chanters aren't mobile blood banks unlike SMs and Cabbies.

One of the first things I intended to try out was a cabby and I have to say that it is a lot of fun.

If I take my cabby to 50 it will be 36 matter, 41 body, 19 spirit which is based on the changes to Majestic Will in Frontiers. Second best lifetap and ae DoT combined with much lower resists from the MW RA which will be passive and always on.

Should be good tank support and pretty good in keep defence. The only thing that might change that is going full Body instead, just depends - I'm a fan of powerful lifetaps, always have been.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
Essex for the win :cheers: It's more pleasing to the average pair of eyes to read as well :D

I rub essex on my face every day.. :eek:

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
Oro said:
...If I take my cabby to 50 it will be 36 matter, 41 body, 19 spirit ...

Interesting. I doubt you will :)

now what spec did you really want?

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe... Paladin first ever char I've made a planned standard spec right from the start - for once that suited exactly how I want to play it :)

Pick a char, I can gimp it. We all have our talents :D

Cabby is all body and spirit atm for Thid. Can act as secondary healer for PvE groups. Will keep going with Body to spec 35 before speccing anything else though.

Yes, the plan might change. Lifetaps have a strong lure but tbh with respec stones not that hard to get I can pretty much try it out without too much pressure. Got my pally for group-friendly farming when needed :)

Jace

Fledgling Freddie
"36 matter, 41 body, 19 spirit "

Can't see that working to be honest.

The best spec for openfield RvR at the moment is 46 Spirit / 28 Body. You'll cap on pretty much every nuke (600+ dmg with TOA items) and combined with an assisting Body Sorc you'll be dishing out some serious hurt. The big downside is you'll get through power like no tomorrow but 2 pet recycles will give you almost a full power bar back, not always a convenient option so power pots and mcl are a must.

Matter spec still has it's place, particularly in PvE for focus pulling, but with the advent of healing fields etc it's effectiveness in RvR has been hurt quite a bit.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Oro said:
If I take my cabby to 50 it will be 36 matter, 41 body, 19 spirit which is based on the changes to Majestic Will in Frontiers. Second best lifetap and ae DoT combined with much lower resists from the MW RA which will be passive and always on.

Should be good tank support and pretty good in keep defence. The only thing that might change that is going full Body instead, just depends - I'm a fan of powerful lifetaps, always have been.
The new L50 baseline lifetap is higher delve than the spec lifetap in the body magic line, so even Body Cabalists use baseline nukes these days.

As for "capping on every nuke", that is no longer true ever since they nerfed the resistance debuffs to no longer be more effective against resistance buffs. Against people with no SC armor or running with no resistance buffs, yes, you will cap your nukes, but this does not include the majority of people (at least not on Excalibur).

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
With bodyguard casters have it alot easier atm...yes spirit cabalist debuffing base DD, and hitting for 600+ every 1.5 sec is nasty:)

Caster grp>tank grp atm imo

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Jace said:
"36 matter, 41 body, 19 spirit "

Can't see that working to be honest.

The best spec for openfield RvR at the moment is 46 Spirit / 28 Body. You'll cap on pretty much every nuke (600+ dmg with TOA items) and combined with an assisting Body Sorc you'll be dishing out some serious hurt. The big downside is you'll get through power like no tomorrow but 2 pet recycles will give you almost a full power bar back, not always a convenient option so power pots and mcl are a must.

Matter spec still has it's place, particularly in PvE for focus pulling, but with the advent of healing fields etc it's effectiveness in RvR has been hurt quite a bit.

Theres still nothing quite like doting 36 people per tick in a keep defence tho :) sure the days of this are numbered but hey I had a lot of fun with my Matter Cabi..

Gives you a nice warm feeling when you hit a massive crit on one of the dotee's :)

Oh and did I mention silly Hibs and Mids camping entrance to DF :) had lots of fun there in the past, in fact 3.5 realm levels were done there alone, buff dot, dot disease, dot stop for a drink dot disease dot dot MCL Dot dot get tons of rp's log for the day :)

Repeat following day

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oro said:
I'm a fan of powerful lifetaps, always have been.

Supression Bonedancers then...... :p cant go wrong with them if LT is all u want :)

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Oro said:
Cabalists have a lot more utility in groups than SMs. Just SMs have the pbae which most go for. Life Transfer is EXTREMELY powerful if played well, something that Spirit Masters cannot do without going split spec but Cabalists don't have to worry about.

hi m8!
So supp specc'ed sm doesnt get only pbae, but also:
1. u'r EXTREMELY powerful life transfer if played well.
2. last str/con debuff,
3. single target 80sec mez(afaik best delve on single mez in game),
4. Demez.
Not to mention the craploads of usefull stuff sm's gets in baselines and uber intercept pet.

So to me, SM in a mele mid grp looks abit more usefull then mana eld in hib one, as about comparing it to caba its pure bs. If there is a way to fit a caba in alb grp, its only in a caster grp as debuff bot.
Go figure ~~

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Heh, Devaster, you and your bardbot been pwned by a Cabalist once too many? :m00: As you've experienced, Cabalists can self debuff their nukes, like Enchanters, have a lifetransfer, like your hallowed SMs, and additionally provides disease in Albion (even if most Cabalists don't spec for a high-level version of it these days). Decent utility and at least more than a debuffbot in my opinion. ;)

Now give PBAE lifetap! :cheers:

living

Fledgling Freddie
So how can u lvl 20 spec be if u wanna try one out? High spirit and low body? pve spec ofc.

And do people use the nuker pet when XPing solo?

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Heh, Devaster, you and your bardbot been pwned by a Cabalist once too many? :m00: As you've experienced, Cabalists can self debuff their nukes, like Enchanters, have a lifetransfer, like your hallowed SMs, and additionally provides disease in Albion (even if most Cabalists don't spec for a high-level version of it these days). Decent utility and at least more than a debuffbot in my opinion. ;)

Now give PBAE lifetap! :cheers:

i was playing myself both chars dual loged and i got killed by a caba once: when got jumped while just finished a fight with a shammy and an inf. I had my revenge on that caba tho 2shot'ed it near mpk so np :> for that dmg its just lal got max hit by 4xx w/o any grp resist buffs. Caba just blows atm live with it. And sm doesnt need any disease as shammy is pretty uber already.

oops just got killed once again while fighting an inf, and with like 3 another albs inc :| tards even need to zerg in hw, well its alb/exc why i bother asking myself why.

And remember u _DO NOT_ pwn unless u have same or less numbers, u just zerg.

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Dev, thanks for the info on SMs ;)

Note at no point do I say that a cabby is a better class than SM. I am merely saying their group utility is higher. PBAE SM is a lot more powerful than cabby in many situations and a Dark SM is probably roughly equal. Spirit Cabby will be a lot more useful than Summ SM though.

From my limited knowledge, consider the following though:

With SMs you either go Dark or Sup as main with Summ possibly as secondary if Dark and Dark as secondary if Sup. Since FDS nerf Summ has nothing to offer as primary line. All 3 cabalist spec lines have something to offer, even if only situational. Only AE that Dark SM has is a tiny radius dex/qui debuff or very short AE mez. Sup SM AE is limited to pbae and the str/con debuff AND most importantly the Sup SM though can lifetransfer has no means of getting his HP back without external help from healer or shaman. Dark SM may be able to heal himself with lifetap, but body cabby can lifetap and lifetransfer efficiently - the only time a healer needs to worry about him is if he has agro.

Ask most groups which they'd prefer: ae disease or ae str/con debuff - disease much more powerful than the str/con debuff even though the debuff is very nice indeed. Mid got on Shaman, Alb on Body Cabby.

Fine tuned pet - SM either gets lowest proc pet to make sure he gets a stun proc on pet or takes a higher level pet for higher % intercept and no reliable control over proc type. Cabby decides what type of pet he wants appropriate to situation and goes for it, including ranged attack for some very nice interupting.

Cabby can reclaim pet for power. EEP! Between fights SM has nothing to compare with this. Not saying SMs should have it, but it is extremely nice.
Actually SM pet is adequate as is. Only the Summ SM is suffering badly but Mythic have zero intention of fixing this any time soon.

Cabby has baseline DoT (as well as speccable) - SM has no DoT.

Cabalist has same baseline debuffs as SM.

Cabalist has baseline as well as speccable lifetap.

Both Body cabby and Sup SM have the combat speed debuff.

Again just to remind: I did not say that cabalist is more powerful than SM. In some situations it is weaker. It just has bags more general utility. I was gobsmacked when I first made one and was able to compare the two classes.

Any cabbies that complain about SMs only really have the Sup SM to talk about and even then its only the raw power of the pbae and the fact the pet can actually intercept - arguably against other specs of SM the cabalist has a better arsenal/bag of tricks at its disposal and toys that any spec other than Sup SM would give their left nut for - and thats only because the Sup SM has chosen raw power.

And lastly, just to cap it off: its dangerous to try and directly compare any 2 classes from opposing realms in DAoC as they are not meant to be mirror images of each other.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Devaster said:
i was playing myself both chars dual loged and i got killed by a caba once: when got jumped while just finished a fight with a shammy and an inf.
No. You didn't get jumped, we met head-on. You came zooming through amg and then up towards grannies. I pwned your bard before you had time to react, and then I pwned you.
I had my revenge on that caba tho 2shot'ed it near mpk so np :>
Yes. You mezzed and then grappled. My shields unfortunately dropped just as I had rooted you and was running away.
Caba just blows atm live with it.
Hehe, fine. I love my Cabalist and I'm having a good time solo as well as in debuff groups. If you think Cabalists blow, then that's my gain and your loss when you come up against body debuff groups in the future. ;)
And remember u _DO NOT_ pwn unless u have same or less numbers, u just zerg.
Like when you use two chars so you can both mezz and melee?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Belomar said:
Like when you use two chars so you can both mezz and melee?

if hes playing both chars activly in rvr at the same time he DOES pwn imo... :)

but its all a matter of taste if u like the SM os cabby.. i for one like the cabby more in certain situations and the SM more in others.. :)

i wanna have both on the same account on the same server... :(

givf Planetside type char creation/selection... :p

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
So how can u lvl 20 spec be if u wanna try one out? High spirit and low body? pve spec ofc.

And do people use the nuker pet when XPing solo?

there is 2 ways u can lvl as caba, matter or spirit. with matter u dbl dot the mob and run :). with spirit and u buff u pet to the teeth and send it on the mob.
as matter caba i prefered ruby (caster pet) and as spirit i prefered sapphire (nice lifedrain so u dont wast to much power on heals). in both line i found my self with full power all the time (casting 2 dots dont use that much power). I heard that after lvl 46 (last aoe dot) go up in body, as spirit go for 46 for last body debuff and rest body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom