FH news Forumrunner

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Having witnessed another Internet Brands acquisition go tits up (vBulletin was the first) I have decided that once the upgrade to XenForo 1.3.x is complete I will be removing ForumRunner from FreddysHouse.

What does this mean? Well basically no more access to FreddysHouse via a dedicated mobile application but instead if you want to access FreddysHouse via a mobile device then you will only need to use a browser and the responsive theme will ensure you have a great experience.

But what about notifications? Well, with the upgrade I will be enabling an add-on that allows push notifications to your mobile (Android or iPhone) and desktop so you will receive any alert you receive via the forums straight to your device(s) of your choice. The only downside is that this app will cost you less than 1/2 pint of beer. They do have a trial version which you can download and activate and try out before you make a decision to purchase.

Pushover will not only work for FreddysHouse but lots of other sites and services out there. I have been using it for the test forums and my home automation sensors and I think it is great. In closing, sorry for removing ForumRunner but I cannot tolerate Internet Brands, the bugs, the errors in the error log and my concern that users using ForumRunner have a different user experience than everyone else.

Remember do NOT download the trial of pushover until the forums have been upgraded to XenForo 1.3 as your five day trial will expire before you get a chance to test it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
ForumRunner didn't work anyway with XenForo...so nothing new lost!!
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom