Forum equals whining ?

S

starblade

More and more, our forum starts to look like the neverending- gathering of whining/complaining threads. Very few of us write with a positive note to it or enjoy the game as it is.

Just remind this : Yes there will always be lower players pestering you as a high lvl, yes there will always be players higher / better then you .... I too look up to a lvl 50 pala and say "One day, you'll be yellow m8". So what's with it when I DO reach 50 ? Do I whine about him having more Rp's ? Better weaps ? ...
Same with the patches. Once we get to DF1.48 ... the whole complaining will start again for 1.50 and after that .... (who knows). This is the euro version of the game, not the US version and they will ALWAYS be ahead of us, no matter what. If you want the newest patch ... you'll have to go play there I guess.

I for myself look at this game in front of me and I see something I like playing. I dont care the americans have 'more' 'better' 'bigger'. I enjoy DAoC as it is, enjoy playing my character as it is and this in our guild as it is. Yes, things can be improved .... name me a game that cant be !!

So just my humble opinion (which has given me very little frustration about the game and loads of fun instead) for which you can flame / disagree / nag / complain / .... as long as you all want since I don't give darn and will be having too much fun playing DAoC to care about it :)

O

old.Ozwin

Ermm isnt the point of a forum to air your views whether negative or positive?

A

Arthwyr

Its not the point of wich level you are, the point is that you know where your place is at a certain level ...

Dartmoor for example ohh cool, big army purple mobs from the entrance all the way to the dragon. WRONG At your level purp from the entrance all the way to the dragon yes, for a lvl 50 green/blue at the entrance ... no biggie but still dangerous near the dragon as in red purp and baffing like crazy. If you are in a zone like that you listen to whoever is leading the party so all of us can get in AND out allive.

Been playing this game since its release and played the beta before that. I always had fun, even without Dartmoor, without all the items in barrows, withour armor for my level and without being able to hang around with players who were 20 lvls higher then me. So why cant people have fun at the places ther were ment to have fun at their level, i know i did. And even if they do decide to come along in a high level zone, why try being a smartass there if you cant tell for sure if the mob is lvl 40 or 55.
I rest my case.

Arthwyr
LvL 50 Paladin
GM <Exiled>

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by Arthwyr
Its not the point of wich level you are, the point is that you know where your place is at a certain level ...

Dartmoor for example .....................
.................... why try being a smartass there if you cant tell for sure if the mob is lvl 40 or 55.
I rest my case.

Arthwyr
LvL 50 Paladin
GM <Exiled>

:confused: :confused:

Is this in the right thread or am i confused

:confused: :confused:

I love forums I love the community spirit they help to create. The Forums during beta had some wonderfull threads :). Sometimes there are some here to. But sometimes it can be kinda depressing to read the same old whinge over and over again.

A

Arthwyr

oops

Wrong place but it could be posted under either of the toppics

S

starblade

Yes it can be posted under the 2 I guess Arthwyr.
I've been directing people to good spots loads of time but it is not in our hands if they listen or not.

Do you think the next time you go get the dragon, there will be less people joining ? No sir ... There will be loads of smartasses to deal with, laughing when you start an alt baecause they r BIG LVL15 and you just hit 5 :) , stealing your mobs, ...

It is good we have a forum to discuss these things but as Bleri says ...
But sometimes it can be kinda depressing to read the same old whinge over and over again.

I case my rest too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread