Forum Adventurer (tm)

O

old.Tohtori

Came up with a game idea that might sell. Well, since i've been watching and posting on these forums it seems like a popular sport...so here's the deal in a nutshell.

You are a poster. Not like those you see on the wall about some new movie (har..always funneh)

You post and start threads to get exp.(if you don't know the word exp you don't need this game)

Every reply you make gives you, for example 5 exp. (Minimum 3 Lines)

Every extra line you write (after 6 lines) to that reply gives +1 exp.

Every quote you get about your reply gives you 3 exp.

Every thread you start gives you 2 exp but if more then 10 replies come to that thread you start to get 2 exp for each reply after that.

You go up levels and get more attributes, such as "Posting Pictars" or simpler things like "Emote Vault". Every skill has levels so putting points is very essential.

Now to stop leeching of points there's limits:

You can't post on the same thread before someone else posts after you.

You can't spam, meaning more then one line has to be written. (Read the basic things up there)

You can't post on your own thread until the limit of 10 replies has been reached, and even then the only purpose is to /bump or to keep the discussion living, no points for own posts on own threads.

Still working on this to get more stuff 'n stuff in there but do give comments. Heck, there's so much games out there (like progress quest) why not this? Ofcourse it won't make me rich but it's still a funny idea. :D

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Do you get special skills when you gain a level?

O

old.Tohtori

You go up levels and get more attributes, such as "Posting Pictars" or simpler things like "Emote Vault". Every skill has levels so putting points is very essential.

To add to that, and Teh Fonz's question. Yes.

More avatars, more vault space for your smilies, more smilies, more pictar space in the pictar vault.

Also thinking of putting some item chasing in there. Not sure how it can be fitted into the forum thing but i'm sure i'll come around the nigs and nags of the problems to make it a bit more "rpg" :D

EDIT: So basicly attributes are special skills. Atleast for now.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

You should get killer finishing moves like "ultimate insult" where you just rip into the poster giving you shit and everyone laughs at him.

B

Belsameth

I saw you mention progress quest, which reminded me (I'm level 70 btw) of a game that (used to?) be played on the forums there, called cornering.
basically if you got the first post on every new page (every 15th on BW?) you score a point.
ofcourse, the post has to be at least moderately on topic, it must mention you scored a corner (without editting of posts) and you can't set yourself up (ie. double posting)
was always good fun there. and generated HUGE amounts of spam in a very short time :D

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
You should get killer finishing moves like "ultimate insult" where you just rip into the poster giving you shit and everyone laughs at him.

Flaming is the PvP of the Forum Adventurer (TM) :D

"Thread Lock" is the ultimate move though, then people will start shouting "NERF TL FFS KTHXBYE!!!1" and i'll have to put in the "Key Holder" or some stuff like that, how about IBTL? :p

T

Teh Fonz!!1

A new craze has hit the internet yet it has not been posted about in the forums...

Do you wish to use an "insta post" spell to become the first to mention it?

You roll a 2 -

The spell fails and someone beats you to it. Shouts of "OLD" arise everywhere, you edit your post to avoid more flamage, you lose all the respect of your fellow forumites.

O

old.Tohtori

Har! You got the point rather fast...must be beause of the place i posted this in..

Ah yes, ofcourse have to add the uber level 50 level of magnificant idol and legend.

Get the title/level of a Forumite.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

You insult the n00b for 675 cool points

The n00b leaves the forums

You gain 2,344,144 exp

You raise to level 50

You have reached the level of forumite

You gain power in the "STFU" spell list

O

old.Tohtori

Must be just me but...this actually sounds like a fun game?

T

Teh Fonz!!1

You're the games designer, suggest it t' boss.

O

old.Tohtori

Have to have a 10 page thing of it first, sure thing when i get it finished i might drop it on the table at the office but i need one helluva speach on how big the forum thing really is :p

N

Neural Network

Actually I'm been playing that game on these forums. I started out with simple posts. Then after post 20 I started to use smilies but no more than one or two, then later on quotes and finally I got a signature. Later on after post 50 or so I'll get an avatar and at some time I'll start posting pictures, upgrade my signature, more smilies and so on.
Yes, I know I'm silly.

O

old.Tohtori

Oh crap, now i started to actually plan this further...came up with a way to buy equipment that you can show off, equipment that helps posting and flaming...

grah..

N

Neural Network

This could be a great game. Please make it Tohtori.

O

old.Tohtori

All i can do is plan it, rest is in the hands of the..the...gods? Nah..my boss. :p

T

Teh Fonz!!1

The thing is, it would port to online play so easily. Just imagine going into forums armed with all these skills, the ability to post pictures, come out with wacky ideas and insults etc..

This game could make millions.

S

SFXman

Wow, finally a game in which I can call myself a power gamer.

O

old.tRoG

BWF on Tohtori's Strange Forum Game™!!!111

Goddamn, we would ownz0r :)

But I'm in a bad mood today and must insult someone in every post I make.

So.... Toto. You smell. Of Chocolate Cheese Cake™ and Beanz™.

F

Fafnir

Yup, atleast 2 guinness a day, and it keeps the doctor with the anal probe away.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Oh crap, now i started to actually plan this further...came up with a way to buy equipment that you can show off, equipment that helps posting and flaming...

grah..

signatures! :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Fafnir
Yup, atleast 2 guinness a day, and it keeps the doctor with the anal probe away.

I find it turns yer shit black...

it's not kind to ones digestion.

V

Validus

well one thing for sure, it will be much more educational, and useful than DAoC.

T

Testin da Cable

those rules would make me a god. you could complete quests defined by me for extra special itamz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom