FortSaken

• Thread starter old.[A&I]Gordon DeathWish
  • Start date
O

old.[A&I]Gordon DeathWish

Yet another please remove this map post, sorry for being predictable!

FortSaken altho a nice map, with the excellent train feature is proving to be unpopular, i have been waiting to get on BW played a map, then the next map (FortSaken) comes up & nearly every1 leaves
frown.gif

This has happed serveral times, i think this maps has run its course, neway it s very difficult map to score on with ne sort of decent defence able to come out on top!!

[A&I]Gordon DeathWish

O

old.[SLH]Pakman

Ignore this bloke - he must be suffering from delusions. The train RULES! And the fact it's a capture the flag map that ISN'T a 2fort clone alone means it's great! It provides a lot of varied game play and all the classes have their place on that map. Just to let you know I love Fortsaken!!!

Now NML is a different story..........

------------------
"Be vevvy, vevvy quiet! I'm hunting wabbits"

Elmer Fudd

Satan's Little Helpers
http://www.bigexplosion.demon.co.uk/slh/

irc.barrysworld.com #[SLH]Half-life

[This message has been edited by [SLH]Pakman (edited 21 September 1999).]

O

old.[SLH]Kamikaze

Fortsaken is a kickass map and should stay where it is!
boooo hisss boooo
smile.gif

Keep it please! most custom maps empty people including total war and darkness even though they are damn good maps too.

------------------
Satan's Little Helpers
Kamikaze

kamikaze@btinternet.com

[This message has been edited by [SLH]Kamikaze (edited 21 September 1999).]

O

old.SuicidalTart

Proving to be unpopular??
Bugger, must go bash some heads together then.... 's a damn good map, that one, and always good fun to play.. always enjoy trying to gren jump up their lift shaft on that one (and usually spraying my gibs all over the place in the process) or doing the headlong suicidal rush up the sentry-guarded stairs.

O

old.[EQX]Kain

Whoa, Fortsaken has to be one of the best maps on the BW2 cycle. Sure its hard to attack/defend on but its a kickass map. Its a Rock2 variant which makes it a difficult map to play on.
Sure the train is a pain in the rear, but its quite a laugh to set the train of towards the enemy base with a detpack onboard... :p
People actually (and I really know this) enjoy the Fortsaken map, please keep it.
Regards.

------------------
[EQX]Kain

[This message has been edited by [EQX]Kain (edited 21 September 1999).]

[This message has been edited by [EQX]Kain (edited 21 September 1999).]

O

old.[A&I]BigSir[TiT]

NEVER!!!

Fortsaken is by far the best map on the cycle!
NML is good too.
Darkness is a bit too big...but it's soooo pretty.
NML2....hmmm, you can get rid of this bug infested plop, as far as i'm concerned
smile.gif

Put on Bozz-4fcb, thats good for some slow
motion antics
smile.gif
(laggier than Lord Lag himself)

O

old.-=StrafeBunny=-

rah rah rah! up with everyone who said it can stay!

boooooooooooo! to dw for lying about this map...its by _far_ the best custom map made, entwining rock2's nasty defence with the attacks of well/2fort *shudder @ 2fort*

need a new breed of maps by now though, nml, nml2 and most of the valve maps (not well) have run their course, and u can see nml pretty empty, nml2 seems *very* empty!

------------------
-=StrafeBunny=- {TiTs}
(10)Player

O

old.C4

Any of you guys played "Shut Down" by The Cheese? It's a very cool map and I'd suggest putting it on BW2 of all you guys like it as much as I do. It's also good because it encourages teamplay unlike some other maps I won't mention *cough*RUN!*cough*
smile.gif

But anyways, if u guys like it then post on here and hopefully get it on BW2?

C4

O

old.SuicidalTart

Yup, I'm with you on that. I've always been a fan of the Cheese's maps (Site_B especially), and this one seems pretty darn good. I think it's worth a try
smile.gif

O

old.BMW

Fortsken is a good map it shouldnt be removed. The boring maps are NML and 2morfort...
And why do u dislike NML 2 its a great map!

BMW

[This message has been edited by BMW (edited 22 September 1999).]

O

old.devin

New maps is good maps...
Id like to see 2fort, Hunted and Control Zone taken off both servers.

I thought Well was everyones favourite.

Noggin

O

old.Fatbloke

Sorry GD, I'm with everyone else on this one - Fortsaken should stay!
My views on Darkness have been expressed before, but I want to add that NML2, whilst being different, has not really hit the mark for me
frown.gif
and I think it should be retired quietly.
I'd still like to try a 4 team map. Having played BOZZ_4CF now I can say it looks and plays very well! BUT its soooooo laggy. Shame that.
Has anyone any other 4 team maps to suggest?

Another map to try is Bam - mentioned somewhere else on this forum - although a bit of a maze - it plays well and is very low on the lag scale.

Cheers

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke

www.armedandinsane.co.uk

O

old.[A&I]Gordon DeathWish

LOL, well what can i say definately got a reaction, if i tell u that i have had to wait to get on BW2 cos its full, managed to get on played for a bit the map changes to fortsaken & the no of players went from 14 to 4, this has happened to me more than once.... leading to this post, i wish u guys had been playing maybe the server would've stayed full, but then maybe it was because of my bad personel hygene!

Well i'll not be posting about maps again!

O

old.SuicidalTart

hehe.. don't worry mate, if you don't like a map on the server rotation then this is the place to say it out loud
smile.gif

Personally, I think Fortsaken's one of the best maps out there to play, despite getting stuck on the walls at certain places and getting mown down by evil joy-riding enemy demos, who go "mwuhahahahaaa" after they've splatted you.

Any defence on that can be wiped out with a bit of know-how. God, I saw it only last night - those damn spies came in, backed up by innumerable soldiers and, well, wiped us out, and capped twice in quick succession.

I mean, I love NML, though it's wearing thin for a lot of people now, and would hate to see it removed, but I understand the need to put new maps on and inject new life into the servers.

Anyway, here's to Betrayed, and any other maps those lovely BW admins put on.

O

old.Cornster

Tell dat DW to shutup !! ..

Its a Tuff Map just for the hardcore !!

Theres nothing like getting passed the other teams defense.. and legging it back with the flag !!
http://cornster.da.ru
My crap Website ..

O

old.Whizzo

Agree with everyone else, keep the great Fortsaken! The trains alone make this a fun map...
wink.gif

NML while an goodish map is too prone to the cheap initial cap and scoring then proves practically impossible, maybe that one should be tossed.

NML2, it's an interesting idea, but I just don't think it works (the colours of the two main teams should be red and blue for starters, the yellow team is very difficult to distinguish at a distance) perhaps this should be given the heave-ho too.

Perhaps Betrayed could be added to the rotation, I've never played it but it looks like it could be fun and it's got some rave reviews and a *good* Hunted style map breaks up the CTF action for a while.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom