for TUG

O

old.WildWooD72

£50????...where from, I have been looking around and the best price i have seen is about 65 quid including the vat...from www.ukgamers.com and www.overclockers.co.uk ...I'd like to know where I can buy the unguaranteed ones...cheers m8
WildWooD

O

old.TUG

I meant 50 quid for aun unguaranteed CPU... soz
smile.gif

Id try locally... i have a few shops with OEM PPGA 366's between 50 and 55 quid... of course you'd have to ask em if u can check the chip itself to check production dates, country of manufacture etc so that you can 'gamble' on whether the chip will twat out 550MHz
smile.gif

Goto my webby to see what dates etc u wanna look 4 - www.pcinfo.freeserve.co.uk

Heres how it all works on the underside of the CPU: Ripped from Thresh's firing squad
smile.gif

Tracking Number
L9250254-0268
The first 4 digits of the Assembly Lot Tracking Number will tell you the CPU's country of assembly and the week it was produced. The first digit tells you the country of assembly, L or 9 for Malaysia and 0 for Costa Rica. The second digit is the last number of the year of manufacture. If the second digit is an 8 you have a SEPP version that's probably not very overclockable. Intel didn't start making the Celeron 366 PPGA until first quarter 1999.

The third and fourth digits are the week of manufacture. Our Celerons were manufactured in week 25. We're not sure when the Celerons started getting fast, but we only started hearing about the super Celerons a month ago. We'll guess Intel started churning them out sometime between late April and early June which roughly translates to somewhere between week 15 and week 22.

Regards
TUG

ps: im going on hols thurs so if u wannna email me at coldtug@hotmail.com that would be better cuz ill have a lot to trace back on when i get back on the net next week. Cheeerz m8

Users who are viewing this thread