For those worried about lag when transferred to Ywain

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Don't be worried, yes there is slightly more lag but it isn't as bad as you might fear or as the doom-mongers exaggerate. Playing in U.K. and connecting to GOA's servers only delivered 20ms less lag than connecting to Mythic's U.S. servers, in part that is due to the horrible mess that is the OpenTransit network that GOA are part of but the point remains. Mythic's servers will be very playable for the vast majority of E.U. players and let us be honest here, when GOA ran the servers the game was dead for most of us anyway so it does little harm to give Mythic a try and see how playable the game actually is via a transatlantic connection.

Personally I think letting us transfer to Ywain is brilliant but it looks like they are leaving us the option of transfering to an E.U. cluster with the Germans and French too. I can't fault them thus far and they will have my subscription money until either Jumpgate Evolution goes live or Old Republic.

Zerubiel Propane

Loyal Freddie
Personally I think letting us transfer to Ywain is brilliant but it looks like they are leaving us the option of transfering to an E.U. cluster with the Germans and French too. I can't fault them thus far and they will have my subscription money until either Jumpgate Evolution goes live or Old Republic.

Oh yeah, i'm waiting for TOR aswell.

However, i'l still play daoc. I can multi task.

Maybe :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
It's not so bad as all that and perfectly playable, but there has been some lag stuff going on on ywain that I don't recall ever been so bad on dyvet: I'am often able to get several nukes off while been meleed or having arrows pinged at me, last night I got the jump on a rr2 cabbie mezzed his pet, him, easy kill inc, I nuked him once he warped off and fragged me in sec. This stuff is doesn't make the game unplayable and works both ways but it's not so rare either.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
For me the lag isn't really a problem that lessens the game experience. Sure, I get lag/loss sometimes and I also notice the somewhat delay when doing things but it's not really that bad. The problem is more when on vent servers with high ping.

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
I just hate when you stun enemies and they lag off and you start nuking... Too far away and stun fades :(

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
naw lags not bad, for some reason the server instantly spawn adds wherever u fight tho.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
What IP address does Ywain have? I'd like to do a bit of tracerouting and some pinging

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
meh, no reply from either. At least GOA let you ping their servers using ICMP

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
try "tracert 63.117.29.225" in the command shell.

it'll display every router your connection passes through, and will end somewhere with something similiar to 157.130.58.82 (mythic-gw.customer.alter.net)

PingPlotter does the same thing, just collects data from a larger timeframe.

130ms for me

Nate

FH is my second home
try "tracert 63.117.29.225" in the command shell.

it'll display every router your connection passes through, and will end somewhere with something similiar to 157.130.58.82 (mythic-gw.customer.alter.net)

PingPlotter does the same thing, just collects data from a larger timeframe.

130ms for me

You must have been watching NextGenHacker101! You know how to hack and see how many people are using google, what there speed is, where they are. OMG IT'S AWESOME!!! He even knows that when you type a web address it isn't a semicolon it's a dot dot!

YouTube- How to view someones IP address and connection speed!

:D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'am often able to get several nukes off while been meleed or having arrows pinged at me,

this i have noticed alot to, the lag itself may not be that bad but most of the time it's bad enough to give out a free "MOC" for a few seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom