For those whining for RvR Discussions

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Now that Toa is done an all, which realm got treated best? and who the worst?

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Hib got treated best.
Mid comes close second.
Albion got the shaft.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Don't need me to tell you who got worst end, as usually...:(

Btw, it's fun hearing mid and hibs whining at each other and who uses more overpowered things/"cheats".... :twak:

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
lillagullan said:
GRAPPLE PBAOE PBAOE PBAOE PBAOE

:m0h:

and? You had:

smite smite smite smite smite smite smite

and you still have:

zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg

:p

lillagullan

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
and? You had:

smite smite smite smite smite smite smite

and you still have:

zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg zerg

:p

since when have u ever seen me zerg :p and btw .... the alb is retired and not even on zerg server :eek:

./hug to u

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Now that Toa is done an all, which realm got treated best? and who the worst?

Hahah you really need to ask?

RvR is just a two-horse race now, mids and hibs whilst albs are struggling to even keep up let alone compete. 8v8 we cannot compete well and in a game so centered around crowd control numbers are not the advantage hibs and mids like to claim it to be.
Only time an alb can compete is in 1 on 1 and even that has become more strained as in my opinion ToA has merely widened the gap between over powered classes and under powered ones.

The game is just going full circle, once again we will shortly return to the begining of the game with New Frontiers with fotm archer classes being the new killers and tanks just being obsolete cannon fodder and bots for the casters who are untouchable and long duration cc.

Only differance is that this time by the time Mythic realises they have messed up again, even more people would of left as WoW and DE comes out.

vintervargen

Banned
mythic doesnt give a shit about balance fg vs fg, i thought you would have understood that by now..

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:
mythic doesnt give a shit about balance fg vs fg, i thought you would have understood that by now..

So...

¿¿¿Mythic statement is pretty clear???:

- Hib = grapple+pbaoe
- Mid = savages+healers
- Alb = numbers

Thats their way of balancing???. So ppl moaning about zergs when its just Albion using the tool Mythic gave em, mainly after ToA, v1.69 (the killing blow for albion) n NF.???

Sad, vely sad :(

vintervargen

Banned
so, you say savages + healers, and grapple + pbaoe is overpowered in say, 7fg vs 7fg fights?

in those fights, i say albs are kings, with sorc mez, theurg pets, and fire wizzies/VP.

nerf albion..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Last weeks RP

Albion: 19,101,874 (31%) pop (50s) 3,931 (39%)
Hibernia: 19,625,047 (32%) pop (50s) 2,727 (27%)
Midgard: 22,073,796 (36%) pop (50s) 3,466 (34%)

from this we can see mids have had it easier (got the most RPs per person) though over all the lack of love from toa the albs have is more than made up for in numbers, i think most servers have a higher population of albs vs hibs/mids so its not all bad for them.

we can go through the "albs cant make a good fg" again but its a pointless argument, i think everyone agrees its harder there but as 90% of them move in large numbers its not so bad for 90% of them.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:
so, you say savages + healers, and grapple + pbaoe is overpowered in say, 7fg vs 7fg fights?

in those fights, i say albs are kings, with sorc mez, theurg pets, and fire wizzies/VP.

nerf albion..

Dont blame Albion, is the Mythic's way of balancing his own game

Event

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic might want zerg warfare but when did exc pay attention to them?

Albs did get screwed but there are still alb grps who compete well and show the way to other albs if they would just sit up and notice.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
albs got royally shafted, weak realm only really made weaker. hibs came out strong and so did mids, 1.69 will be a slight nerf for hibs though so thats good.

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
The game is totally fucked for an alb atm.

Personally i think they should have a population balance system like PS or something. its something they should have done a long long time ago, but they could still implement now and mebbe after a few months all realms on servers would balance out a bit (im not saying this would work but cant hurt to try), then perhaps they could work on balancing the game without taking numbers into account.

I also thought the last patch pre-toa was the most balanced its been in rvr for a while but toa put an end to that.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
Last weeks RP

Albion: 19,101,874 (31%) pop (50s) 3,931 (39%)
Hibernia: 19,625,047 (32%) pop (50s) 2,727 (27%)
Midgard: 22,073,796 (36%) pop (50s) 3,466 (34%)

from this we can see mids have had it easier (got the most RPs per person) though over all the lack of love from toa the albs have is more than made up for in numbers, i think most servers have a higher population of albs vs hibs/mids so its not all bad for them.

we can go through the "albs cant make a good fg" again but its a pointless argument, i think everyone agrees its harder there but as 90% of them move in large numbers its not so bad for 90% of them.

this only shows how it is from RvR aspect thou, this game consists of more aspects then RvR so just compare like that isn't the whole truth. but since this is the RvR section i might just blabber so forget I even mentioned anything at all.

:m00:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
vintervargen said:

Ehh, no, Hibernia is and has always been the realm most suited to fighting zergs. First of all, what is the use of mezz in a zerg fight? Zero, since there is AoEs going off all over the place. Strike the sorc advantage. And secondly, which spell is the most useful spell in a zerg, where targets run in and out of range, where there are people everywhere, and where the lag is bad enough that you don't have time for any fancy maneuvering? PBAE. In fact, AoEs are king in zergs, and PBAE is the high king. Hibernia is the traditional PBAE realm, and this is where you will see the most PBAE casters (you also have two PBAE classes as opposed to one).

vintervargen

Banned
Vasconcelos said:
Dont blame Albion, is the Mythic's way of balancing his own game

that was my point, so there is no use whining on fg balance, because the game isnt meant for it :|

vintervargen

Banned
Belomar said:
Ehh, no, Hibernia is and has always been the realm most suited to fighting zergs. First of all, what is the use of mezz in a zerg fight? Zero, since there is AoEs going off all over the place. Strike the sorc advantage. And secondly, which spell is the most useful spell in a zerg, where targets run in and out of range, where there are people everywhere, and where the lag is bad enough that you don't have time for any fancy maneuvering? PBAE. In fact, AoEs are king in zergs, and PBAE is the high king. Hibernia is the traditional PBAE realm, and this is where you will see the most PBAE casters (you also have two PBAE classes as opposed to one).

pbaoe is not king when you have a sorc 1800+ range away spamming mez, and theurgists 2200+ (?) range away casting stun or nuke pets. sure moc, but what will a moccing chanter accomplish in a 'open' 7fg vs 7fg fight? maybe kill 5-6 people that are hitting him but that's it.

shrooms however, might be a bit different ;)

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
it would have been reasonably balanced in zerg v zerg fights imo, if only albs(ok not only albs, there are noobs in every realm but you know.... ^^) would start realizing that bodyguard+pbaoe=run. They dont, and they like roleplay-charges for the dead king arthur so as it is, hib>mid>alb in zerg v zerg (though alb could easily move up a few steps there if they only got more skilled on average, ie not having tanks trying to solo other tanks who are tearing up their support (grapple helped alot here though, i've even seen a rr3 who used it on me!!!11) casters interrupting enemy support etc etc ad infinitum, because albs major advantage as i see it in zerg v zerg is their casters. They have _alot_ of casters and they are slowly but surely (since umm, 1.50 or sumt) starting to use them more correctly. (and they are good casters, dont believe the hype!)

eld and chanter might beat wizard in utility 4:1 but what do they do when the 5th wizard comes? ^^

Before all a pb group had to do was get to amg room, and have a free flow of rps till you ran out of power. But slowly but surely albs adjusted(to a degree :p ) and now theres gtaoe and shit all over, powerdrain fields and what have you.

And to end this rant, yes albs got the sharp end of the stick with toa, while mid&hib are tugging at the long, nice velvet padded end, and even more so after 1.69 i reckon BUT, your comeback will be in NF, where tactics mean shit(sorry herbal) and numbers and ani-pets(who just got nerfed) are king.
Albs will yet again be on top(just like when they had smite-clerics :p ) hib will be nr2 (ani pets) and mid will prolly get some sharp-end poking, which is nothing more then we deserve tbh ^^

Arnor out.

Aussie

Banned
vintervargen said:
pbaoe is not king when you have a sorc 1800+ range away spamming mez, and theurgists 2200+ (?)

how about nearsighting them tard? hibs got the most easy access to nearsight of all realms.

Aussie

Banned
-lowest number of healers in group
-no access to 6 resists
-no access to desease
-no access to nearsight
-lowest dmg output of all lighttanks
-facing enemies with all 6 high resists
-no insta interrupt spells on casters (dps debuff/pbaoe desease)
-playing in same realm as morsan

I could whine forever :mad:

Scout Inc :m00:

vintervargen

Banned
Aussie said:
-lowest number of healers in group
-no access to 6 resists
-no access to desease
-no access to nearsight
-lowest dmg output of all lighttanks
-facing enemies with all 6 high resists
-no insta interrupt spells on casters (dps debuff/pbaoe desease)
-playing in same realm as morsan

I could whine forever :mad:

Scout Inc :m00:

-why do you think everyone would run a 'fotm group' in 7fg vs 7fg fights?
-friars would do well in 7fg vs 7fg fights
-so would (insert alb class with disease here)
-so would (insert alb class with nearsight here)
-but best defense (imo)
-see above
-VP, and 3 of 4 alb casters have access to a pet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom