For those that never question

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic Entertainment

Company Bio

Mythic Entertainment was founded in October 1995 by Rob Denton and Mark Jacobs. The studio developed a number of small online games that were distributed over the web before making its first major retail release, Dark Age of Camelot, in 2001. The online RPG is set in a familiar fantasy world but distinguishes itself with a choice of three warring factions, to offer diversity and promote player-versus-player competition.

In June 2006, Electronic Arts announced its plans to purchase Mythic Entertainment. While prominent producers in nearly every other game genre, the publishing giant had lacked any real presence in the "massively multiplayer online role-playing game" market since its late-1990s aquisition of Origin's Ultima Online, which likely was a factor prompting investment in the experience and expertise offered by Mythic. ~ T.J. Deci, All Game Guide
Anyone else think the last part sounds like an obituray?

RIP Mythic

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Anyone else think the last part sounds like an obituray?

RIP Mythic

Depends on what your thoughts are on EA if you take the paragraph in context.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
I think we all think the same, we all "hope" EA don't f*ck it up, but who knows....

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Takhasis said:
I think we all think the same, we all "hope" EA don't f*ck it up, but who knows....

Although I never experienced ultima online, my overall impression of EA is a good one. I generally like their games, not that DAOC is actually one of them - just that they admininster it. Although quite how any future expansions will go is another matter to seek :>

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Imgormiel said:
Although I never experienced ultima online, my overall impression of EA is a good one. I generally like their games, not that DAOC is actually one of them - just that they admininster it. Although quite how any future expansions will go is another matter to seek :>

so you like the fact that they rehash games on a yearly basis - producing the same old tripe time and time again? (fifa anyone???)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Imgormiel said:
Reading the latest poll on DAoC, it seems the future for the game is Pay as you Go l33tness.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
you already get a stupid unstoppable message declaring its an EA game on the US servers. adverts in battlefield 2142 (along with spyware) i really hope for WAR's sake EA take a back seat.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
rampant said:
so you like the fact that they rehash games on a yearly basis - producing the same old tripe time and time again? (fifa anyone???)

Actually, Fifa bored the hell out of me, i was more of an NHL fan and did find much fun in that, but there is more to EA than just sports if you look properly :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Reading the latest poll on DAoC, it seems the future for the game is Pay as you Go l33tness.

Hasn't that always been the case? :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
you already get a stupid unstoppable message declaring its an EA game on the US servers. adverts in battlefield 2142 (along with spyware) i really hope for WAR's sake EA take a back seat.

I'd speculate that is unlikely if you read the biography properly :>

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
<shudder> remembers working for EA...still has the whip scars on my back to prove it :/

Still goes to prove if it comes in a shiny box and looks good people will buy any old crap.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:

hmm i usually find Esc makes it disappear quickly enough

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Malcolm said:
hmm i usually find Esc makes it disappear quickly enough

think he's refering to the publisher intro which is 2 seconds uninteruptable screen. pretty standard practice on most games.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Phantomby said:
think he's refering to the publisher intro which is 2 seconds uninteruptable screen. pretty standard practice on most games.

if it's that splash window that pops up after the patching sequence and before the old mythic one - Esc does skip it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom