for those that did not know where the name "zerg" comes from

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
lies, its heritage lies in Albion, King Arthur once summoned alot of overlords and gave them different names and set them all into the world in different places. These lords of zerglings then amass alot of n00blings that likes each others very much and tend to travel in packs with a designated zerglingoverlord as their commander.

The zerg can consist of up to 2 full groups which for Albion is about 20 people (heh, who am I kidding, I meant Albions) per group so one Lord can control about 40 n00blings totals before he need reinforcements in form of leadership from the King, the King send out special realmheroes aswell that doesnt exist in large numbers at all, these can command huge zergs of up 10 groups, thats 200 n00blings and once in a while they show up leaving a trail of devastation behind.

It also exist special taskforces in Albion, we have the special team that takes keeps middle of the night, we also have the dreaded stealthzerglings that arent very skillful but deadly in numbers, there exist a few more special forces in Albion aswell but.... you guys know about these already.

The particular distinguished flaw that the huge mass of Albions have is their level of bravery, they have a very low morale and can in most cases be considered to be cowards, but, as we all know there is a reason for the name RPcow and this is actually where it originates from. They simply cant do anything unless they outnumber their opponent, its frightening and even traumatic for alot of them but who cares, aslong as they exist there to feed on, all is fine and well for the rest of the DAoCworlds citizens.

(yes.. im soooo tired right now^^)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Ah Starcraft... one of the best games known to mankind. I wish Blizzard would make a mmorpg based on that, instead of silly Warcraft. :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Levin said:
Ah Starcraft... one of the best games known to mankind. I wish Blizzard would make a mmorpg based on that, instead of silly Warcraft. :)

/agree

SC is one of the best if not best balanced RTS out there imo. I'd wanna be an archon and zap stuff :D

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Those pictures almost made me cry. God I miss those days.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
/agree

SC is one of the best if not best balanced RTS out there imo. I'd wanna be an archon and zap stuff :D

Starcraft is by far the most balanced game out there - in which the races are also also totally different - of all games.

Nothing made after starcraft even comes close to being as perfect a rts as that game is.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Edlina said:
Starcraft is by far the most balanced game out there - in which the races are also also totally different - of all games.

Nothing made after starcraft even comes close to being as perfect a rts as that game is.

ye I guess so :) (about the .. all games :) )

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Levin said:

World of Starcraft?

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
Shike, wrong. It's got nothing to do with king arthur or commanders at all, it's all about genetic engineering. Theyre breeding the alblings in snowdonia fortress.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Falukropp said:
Shike, wrong. It's got nothing to do with king arthur or commanders at all, it's all about genetic engineering. Theyre breeding the alblings in snowdonia fortress.

Ooh ok, but.. I was so sure Arthur had something to do with it :(

Sure it aint he who funds the geneticlabs?

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Levin said:

Yer, like they're likely to of done that. Warcraft has such an amazing story line to build an rpg on.

Any designer would kill to have a basis to work on even half as good as warcraft.

Starcraft was fun though, spent many a college lunch time round my mates house spending half an hour to set up the lan connection, only to get 10 minutes play time against him :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
starcraft didn't add anything massively new to the genre but it was very well done and had a fantastic interface.

If you like starcraft btw check out dawn of war/winter assault - the single player campaigns aren't great but it's a fantastic MP rts.

Airwalker

Fledgling Freddie
sc is the best strategy game ever imo... till you played VS ZERG! and they built 10000000 mutalisks and hydralisks! but protoss templars = PSONIC storm -> zerg race is damn powerfull when they are many, 1 of their units solo vs another sux crap, their units are cheaper etc than a protoss unit, tho protoss has PSI shields around their units and has alot of more hit points than a zerg.

so their units are alot more expencive, and do more dmg, let's say this is a scout (flying attack unit) this is zergs (mutalisk)

scout is so OP in anti air that you get a boner when they fire missiles.
it costs 350minerals right? and 150gas?
then you got the mutalisk, crap solo, costs 100minerals 100gas...
but damn they are hard to kill when it is 12fg's, tho portoss got a nice unit called high templar, just roll 12 of theese out when they 120 mutalisks come against you, they can cast a AOE spell looks like storms, and the zergs will die like what so ever... portoss is hib, strong pbaoe grps:p or back in the days
midgard = terran they got the powerfull siegetanks super long range tanks that can go into a siege mode, and they blow everything that comes near them to fucking hell thats what I would call a warlock...

tbh I like protoss/terran best

protoss -> http://files.blizzard.ru/wallpaper/starcraft/Protoss-1024.jpg

terran -> siege tank http://www.blizzard.fr/ghost/covertops/vehicles/images/siegetank.jpg

terran -> gloiath to counter air with, terran has strong ground units, this is like america, nuke/machineguns/etc
http://www.gamesurge.com/pc/starcraft/gallery/images/goliath.jpg

just for those who did not know, this is the place where zerg actully comes from.

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
So should redo starcraft. Bring it up2 date. Like C&C Generals. Just new graphics. dont add anything as its still the best RTS available imo. The strats u can do in Starcraft are gr8.

Woot

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Airwalker said:
sc is the best strategy game ever imo... till you played VS ZERG! and they built 10000000 mutalisks and hydralisks! but protoss templars = PSONIC storm -> zerg race is damn powerfull when they are many, 1 of their units solo vs another sux crap, their units are cheaper etc than a protoss unit, tho protoss has PSI shields around their units and has alot of more hit points than a zerg.

so their units are alot more expencive, and do more dmg, let's say this is a scout (flying attack unit) this is zergs (mutalisk)

scout is so OP in anti air that you get a boner when they fire missiles.
it costs 350minerals right? and 150gas?
then you got the mutalisk, crap solo, costs 100minerals 100gas...
but damn they are hard to kill when it is 12fg's, tho portoss got a nice unit called high templar, just roll 12 of theese out when they 120 mutalisks come against you, they can cast a AOE spell looks like storms, and the zergs will die like what so ever... portoss is hib, strong pbaoe grps:p or back in the days
midgard = terran they got the powerfull siegetanks super long range tanks that can go into a siege mode, and they blow everything that comes near them to fucking hell thats what I would call a warlock...

tbh I like protoss/terran best

protoss -> http://files.blizzard.ru/wallpaper/starcraft/Protoss-1024.jpg

terran -> siege tank http://www.blizzard.fr/ghost/covertops/vehicles/images/siegetank.jpg

terran -> gloiath to counter air with, terran has strong ground units, this is like america, nuke/machineguns/etc
http://www.gamesurge.com/pc/starcraft/gallery/images/goliath.jpg

just for those who did not know, this is the place where zerg actully comes from.

Against mutalisk zergs you only need 3 or 4 tempalrs and the whole lot is blown to shreds or if you are unsure, add in some corsairs to ae kill them. Siege tanks and all you need are a few carriers or any anti aircraft units to kill them. Even queens do that :p There are very harsh counters to every unit avaliable which is what makes the game so good. You can't just make one unit on mass and storm an enemy base over and over again until they die because you'll end up dying after they know your tactic.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Tsabo said:
Yer, like they're likely to of done that. Warcraft has such an amazing story line to build an rpg on.

Any designer would kill to have a basis to work on even half as good as warcraft.

Starcraft was fun though, spent many a college lunch time round my mates house spending half an hour to set up the lan connection, only to get 10 minutes play time against him :p

*cough* warhammer *cough* or final fantasy

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I used to solo with my Ghost char and was always getting zerged :mad:. Still it meant I could whine like a biatch on Freddy's which made me feel better.
;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
kirennia said:
Against mutalisk zergs you only need 3 or 4 tempalrs and the whole lot is blown to shreds or if you are unsure, add in some corsairs to ae kill them..

hrm the name is very appropriate when applied to daoc:

against alb zergs you only need 3 or 4 bainshees or warlocks and the whole lot is blown to shreds :D

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:

Dune?

:m00:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
True, Dune was pretty well balanced but the campaign was way to easy to just zerg 90% of the time.

Wish they would do a remake of SC. The story lines were good the balance was excellent. Not sure it would make great MMORG as 90% would go Terran or Protos.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Tsabo said:

Actually, Starcraft has a pretty decent storyline too. And i for one just love the mood the campaigns set with the cutscenes etc. I'm just a sucker for the whole "dark and dirty universe" thing. :) There's a pen & paper rpg set in the Starcraft universe unless i'm completely mistaken. If i'm not, there should be a lot of material to use for a mmorpg. And hopefully it wouldn't be cartoon-land either. <dreams on> :p

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
I used to love plaing SC one of the first RTS games i every played well that and TA :)

i think there is still a big following of SC on Battle.net

the good thing about it was the computer was a challange unlike C&C where u can walk it anyday of the week if u did notget ur base up and runing fast its good night.

i used to love zerg race but Protoss where the best love geting a nice defence of cannons around base and roling out 24 carrirs all up graded and fully loaded with ships if u cam in from the side of somones base u can target anything with 12 of them and take out any building in one swoop :)

was a game of numbers but also tac. like somone said before u may have had 1000000 ships but if they where terren and had i thin they where caalled vulcans came with brood wars then ur ships going bye bye fast and he gona walk throw ur base with seige tanks and galiaths.

great game manny happy memories i Won Map of the month for one of my maps was great :)
looking or cd now i guess need to get my SC fix after all these years

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom