For Diet Drink Drinkers

T

Tasans

Thats old :p

And anyway diet drinks taste horrible, if you want to drink something, drink the real thing instead of some crappy watered immitation.

T

The Kingpin

I often only drink diet soda's..

So much sugar in none diet cans...

G

gengi

Originally posted by Tasans
Thats old :p

And anyway diet drinks taste horrible, if you want to drink something, drink the real thing instead of some crappy watered immitation.

I had a sneaking suspicion it may have been a bit on the 'not quite new side ' :rolleyes:

But I really dislike the very thought of diet drinks, look where it lead decaffinaited coffee and, makes me squirm to think about it, alchohol free bevvy wtf!!!!!!!!!1. Vegetarian chicken nuggets and burgers, why not quorn in brussel spout shapes ?

I agree with the second part too, all the sugar and twice the caffeine. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Later

O

old.job

Utter bollacks

Check the web address 'holisticmed'

Which refers to holistic medicine, more crackpot scare mongering from a group that uses pseudo technical terms and links to sites that only back up their claims.

Here's a tip people 'alternative medicine is there for the sole purpose of making them rich'.

If it actually worked then Glaxo would buy it off them and sell it for even more, they don't cos it doesn't.

M

mirieth

Both are bad for you if you drink too much of them *shrugs*.

Most of the stuff about "this or that is bad for you, it gives you mongolongbongoitis" is based on figures of people who drink/eat a LOT of the product in question.

W

Whoodoo_RD

If we all beleived the crap these ppl come out with, wed all live in iron lungs, drinking pure water, and digesting foods made so pure.

Scare mongering just like mobile phones, air bags, blue smarties, unleaded petrol, watching daytime TV, licking £20 notes etc etc

As the old saying goes "ya gotta eat a pound of dirt before you die" - good analagy.

O

old.tRoG

Diet Coke just tastes alot better than normal Coke.

... But Vanilla Coke wh00ps both of their arses.

D

Driwen

anything will kill you if you eat to much of it. Besides doctors keep changing what they think is healthy. Dont exactly know it what it was, but something with baby's, first they said its best if you do this. Then later on they found it was actually bad to do that :rolleyes: . So I kinda gave up on doctors telling me what to eat and what not. Off course I still listen to some of the stuff they say, but if you just eat diverse and keep in mind that you got the needed stuff. You are prolly just fine.

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by old.tRoG

only vanilla diet coke.. vanilla non-diet coke just tastes far too sickly :p

E

Ekydus

Actually the diet non caffeine version of coke comes in that bronze colour can... and it does taste quite nice. Well, it's nice for a change but I wouldn't swap proper Coke for it, anyday. After a few cans of it you think "Hmm that's quite nice." then on the next you think "God this tastes awful." then you forget about them for a long while and go through the cycle again. :)

J

Jonaldo

All those symptoms listed wer ea bit worrying :D seizures and convulsions
dizziness
tremors
migraines and severe headaches (Trigger or Cause From Chronic Intake)
memory loss (common toxicity effects)
slurring of speech
confusion
numbness or tingling of extremities
chronic fatigue
depression

but then the last one was a bit 'lol'
death

!!
omg I drink a diet coke and I die!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaarrrggh

*This was a public service announcement*

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.tRoG

:great:

vanilla coke = win.

C

cHodAX

I have been drinking diet pepsi/coke on a daily basis for 12 years now, it has damaged my health and I am seriously hooked. Tried cold turkey a few times but I always end up giving in. People who say these sweetners are safe do so because they have vested interests, there is too much evidence to say that these sweetners are dangerous but governments overlook it because the companies involved generate billions in tax revenue and they are correct in the assumption that is is far less dangerous that smoking/drinking which are legal and endorsed.

P

[PS]Mung

Originally posted by Rubric
Diet decaf coke is quite nice.

Where can you get it from?
I can't find any Decaf sodas around the Uk.

T

Tasans

Why would anyone want to drink decaf coffee ffs, the only reason coffee exists is for the caffeine. :)

M

Munkey-

On a side note, anyone tried Mint-7up?

Truly and utterly revolting.

D

Danya

Originally posted by The Kingpin

Interesting to note that diet drinks actually decay teeth faster than non-diet though. ;)

O

ormorof

Originally posted by The Kingpin

if you want sugar free drink pepsi max, much nicer ;)

O

old.Tohtori

I drink "diet" (curse that word...) drinks because i have diabetes. Well mostly drink them, mountain dude is too good sometimes. So not all of us are trying to just loose weight with drinking nonsugar goo :p

R

Rubric

Nerf fat people who go to McDonalds & order 5 Big Macs, 10 Large fries, 6 Cheeseburgers, a quarter pounder, 24 Chicken Nuggets, 4 Apple Pies & a McFlurry then ask for a Diet Coke.

O

old.Tohtori

"So that'll be... 5 Big Macs, 10 Large fries, 6 Cheeseburgers, a quarter pounder, 25 Chicken Nuggets, 4 Apple Pies & a McFlurry then ask for a Diet Coke. Right?"

NO!! 24 Chicken Nuggets! 5 Big Macs, 10 Large fries, 6 Cheeseburgers, a quarter pounder, 24 Chicken Nuggets, 4 Apple Pies & a McFlurry then ask for a Diet Coke. GEt it?!

"Oh..ok...5 Big Macs, 10 Large fries, 6 Cheeseburgers, a quarter pounder...*sigh*.. 24 Chicken Nuggets, 4 Apple Pies & a McFlurry then ask for a Diet Coke."

Right. And a donut.

"Huh?"

A donut. To go.

"Err..so..it's... 5 Big Macs..."

Yes.

"..10 large fries..."

Yes.

"...6 Cheeseburgers, a quarter pounder, 24 Chicken Nuggets, 4 Apple Pies & a McFlurry then ask for a Diet Coke..."

And?

"...and..a donut...ahem...what flavour?"

What?

"The donut. What flavour sir?"

Are you taking a piss?

"No sir. I need to ask this."

Look...i ordered 5 Big Macs, 10 Large fries, 6 Cheeseburgers, a quarter pounder, 24 Chicken Nuggets, 4 Apple Pies & a McFlurry then ask for a Diet Coke. What -flavour- do you think? Hmm?

"Umm..."

Well? What flavour would YOU think in your red cap and striped uniform?

"Chocklad?"

Yes.

"That'll be 56,85 sir."

Do you take a check?

"...."

*employe goes to the back room*

BOOM!

Is that a no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom