for all of you who don't know.............

O

old.crashpaddy

............and who haven't visited the link i put up on here i have recently formed something called the EFPA EliteForce Players Association.

basically i have formed it to try and presurise ravengames/activision to create a patch to eliminate the problems that EF is now facing through people using cheats.yes they are about! remeber EF is based on the Q3 engine and Q3 has lots of cheats (like aimbot for example) which can and have been ported over to EF.

if you would take some time to visit theEFPA website

and visit the 2 links to register it would be very much appriceated.basically the hope is i can get enough people register to show ravengames/activision that there is a need for a patch/program,and that even though we know they are busy creating new games that could make EF have a lower player rating,this game is still going to be around for the true dedicated EF players.

the site is very basic atm,but hopefully in the weeks/months to come it should become a valuable resource for people to visit to find out what cheats are about and how to spot someone using it.

take care
Crash

O

old.ccc^krak3n

Hmm, are there cheats...yes....are they used in ef....no. Often i have been accused of cheating when i do not, and often it is by people who just cannot cope with someone being better then them. There have been times of course were i have thought 'wow that was a shot that was tooooo good' but u must understand there IS always someone BETTER then you, wether it be straff kumping, aiming, movement, quicker at fireing what every it may be, there is always someone better then yourself.

I've recently been playing on duel servers and to be honest i have been raped on 1 too many occasions, and did think something dodgy was going on, but after watching my opponent i realised he was not cheating he just had the crosshair in the right place at the right time, he instingtivly knew were i was befor i knew were i was going, that is raw talent.
Aimbots do exist but.....u can tell who is useing one when u spec someone, cos they shoot all over the place, and all shots are head shots and they never change weapon or use alternate fire.

To be honest i think u are wasting your time with this, cheats will allways exist but in ef, they don't. Sure, CS is littered with hackers etc but ef is not, more often then not, that player is just simply BETTER then YOU.

Well thats my 2 cents..........

O

old.crashpaddy

yeah but is EF not based on the Q3 engine? and is quake3 not littered with cheats and hack as well? hmmmmmmmmm..................yes.
i have been in contact with guys who do bots for Q3 and they are available for EF.but it's not only aimbot/autoaim,i read up that there is fakelag progs as well which is quite common place nowdays.

if cheats aren't about then fair enough,but i personally think there is and there are many more that agree with me.even if a patch isn't brought in for said "cheats" then at least we can try and get a patch to eliminate the damn server errors where people are invisible,fair enough it's simple just to reconnect if it's just you who doesn't see them,but there has been serveral instances where over 50% of a team on a public can't see them either.surely we can get them to eliminate that as well cos it's damn annoying having to reconnect all the time when that happens.

i do understand that there are players out there that are better and good on them for practicing.but there is something going wrong somewhere when you get one shot kills against yourself but 5 shots when you attack them (and this is adsl v adsl).

not being funny and not accusing anyone of cheating but why is it that only 2 CCC and 1 X going against this ;)

O

old.crashpaddy

Originally posted by ccc^krak3n

Aimbots do exist but.....u can tell who is useing one when u spec someone, cos they shoot all over the place, and all shots are head shots and they never change weapon or use alternate fire.

sorry just twigged onto this,btw krak3n im discussing it not arguing o.k. :) don't want any bad feelings.

beings as you know that aimbots shoot all over the place and "apparently" only do head shots does this mean you have witnessed one? cos it's a little bit of a contradiction saying there are no cheats but aimbots do exist.

the shooting all over the place indicates that it could be the CS/Q3 colourbot which (as it's name says) aims for colour.this was a problem in CS/Q3 and you could tell when someone used one as it went for absolutly anything that was a close match to the colour it was programed to.one way you could certainly spot a player using it was it would keep aiming for dead bodies as well.but to use this you also had to have a very fast comp as the way it worked was to take (if i remember correctly) something like 50 screenshots every second,analyzed and made decisions upon them.

there is a possibility also that rather than aimbots being around it could be auto-shoot which is also based around colour,although rather than aiming and tracking the colour it just shot whenever the crosshairs went over that specific colour.obviously you do not need a fast comp for this because it doesn't track the player so therefore it doesn't have to do so much calculation.

lol and theres your change sir :) have a nice day :)

O

old.ccc^krak3n

erm.....well if u think cheats exist, thats fine, and yeah, a patch to fix there servers errors would be nice, but i think u don't understand how good some people are. Might just be me, but have u actually played agaist THE best? I mean the mavericks of this world?, maybe you should if u havn't, i think u'd be in for a shock.

And the reason why most other ccc havn't posted here is because really, theres no point, they know there are no cheats are being used for this game and it is pure hard work, determinaion, training and team work and above all SKILL and TALENT that makes a good player, not an aimbot.

Good luck anywy, but i don't think you ganna have much luck.

O

old.crashpaddy

lol thats why EFPA just got a quake 3 expert in and got two versions of aimbot that will work on EF plus a shit (excuse the french but there is alot) load of other little helpfull little things that make people lag out etc.unfortunatly the only way we could get rid of them would be to use a prog much the same as punkbuster :(

so i am sorry to say but you are totally wrong :(

btw i have played against mav,lol i have been playing since day one of UK release so i know an awful lot of players personally and i must of played a vast majority of them as well but you know that he is pure skill and that many others like him are as well,the whole point is i know that app. 95% of the EF community don't cheat but that other 5% are about and i have came across them.mate i don't think people realise that they are about which is a shame.

D

[DAD]Monty73

The more I read these threads the more I am coming to think that it will do more harm than good.

To be realistic I doubt very much that Raven will be putting any effort into releasing a new patch for EF, as the number of sales from this point on probably wouldn’t justify the time involved. More than likely they will take the information and try and build the anti-cheat into future games like JKII, it is my understanding that they are too. Something else to bear in mind is that Q3 has allot more players than EF by many times and no anti cheat patches have come out for that as far as I know.

The fact that the possible maybe probable use of cheats in EF is getting allot of publicity in the BW forums is possibly doing more harm than good. Good players are being accused of cheating which is not good.

And with no realistic chance of anything able to be done about it, it will just make people accuse others of cheating left and right, which will rarely be the case. This will frustrate people from two points of view. 1. The players being accused won’t want to play. 2. Players who are not being accused wont want to play because who wants to play possible cheats (every good player is a potential cheat to them) - A possible result of this is EF could die that bit quicker than it should.

All that said the can of worms has been opened and we will just have to wait and see how the whole thing shakes out.

Don’t get me wrong, if there are players cheating and they can be stopped then great. But I think it maybe harming EF more than helping it in the short term so far. :(

O

old.Dark^TF^Alan

if a patchs comes out or it is fixed on other games scripts will not be made and tricks will be imposable

O

old.crashpaddy

guys argue moan and whine on about it all you want,we will keep researching and informing ravengames of our findings.the reason i posted in both forums is because some people may not all look at both.
the only reason i put it up was so if people were interested in helping then they had the opportunity o.k.

and alan............................are you soooooo dependant on scripts mate? very sorry for you if you are :-( damn if they do get rid of scripts i'm going to lose all those annoying chat keybinds,my seta rate and snaps :( what will i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG i won't be able to play anymore :( btw find that photon jump script yet mate? roflmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom