Football Tournament - Sunday 14th December

T

Thorarin

Football Tournament Sunday the 14th (on the Midstock event)

That's right, football, or soccer as the yankees prefer to call it.
Something else than the usual DAoC routine, and a way for players of all levels to compete with eachother ;)
The tournament will be held somewhere in the Vale of Mularn.
No exact playing schedule is available yet, but participants are expected to be available from 14:00 CET until 17:30 CET (subject to change).

Rules
  • Teams will consist of 8 people (1 full group), some reserves might be a good idea in case someone can't make it
  • No buffs allowed: no run speed, end regen, no potions, charges, etc.
  • Each game will last 10 minutes
  • No weapons or shields on the playing field, torso and cloak should be team colors (see below)
  • No /duelling during the match :)
  • Anyone player not following these rules will removed for the remainder of the game, or tournament for repeated offenses

Teams & participation

If you want to paricipate, gather a team together, and have your team leader contact me to enter the tournament. Teams can apply here in this thread or through e-mail (thorarin@tiwaz.org). Please don't use this thread to form teams.
Information I'll need on your team:
  • Team members and leader, any reserves.
  • Team name
  • Team color. Please pick one that isn't taken or similar to one that is taken. I suggest you use cheap dyes.
    No black/grey allowed.
I'd like to ask you to sign up your teams as soon as possible, but the deadline will be Friday the 12th, 20:00 CET.

Winning this thing

What's there to win, apart from eternal glory? There will be a cash prize of 2p for the winning team, donated by me.
Nothing gigantic, we're mainly here to have fun of course, but I want to see you try and win this thing anyway :)

Disclaimer

All information here is subject to change. Check back here regularly to stay up to date.
For more information, contact me on thorarin@tiwaz.org. Thanks :)

K

Kindar

We prolly get that to know when its about to start :)

T

Thorarin

Well, there's this big rectangular field, and at two of the edges there are goals, each marked by two poles.
Each team has to try and kick/drive the big glowing ball in the goal of the opposing team to score.

At the end of the playing time, the team with the highest score (the most goals) wins :)

P

piggeman

1th of April was a long time ago ... ^^

T

Thorarin

It's not a joke :rolleyes:
There have already been football events on Lyonesse and Prydwen to name a few servers :cool:

V

Vell

Right, so I assume there will be a big glowy ball that some super duper gm type person will create....and we 'kick' it just by running into it? I'm a bit confused to be honest! But I'll try to get a guild group together :)

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by Vell
Right, so I assume there will be a big glowy ball that some super duper gm type person will create....and we 'kick' it just by running into it? I'm a bit confused to be honest! But I'll try to get a guild group together :)

Sounds about right :)

K

kameh

is this part of the Midstock event which happens on the same day and probably in the same location? :p

F

fl3a

Originally posted by kameh
is this part of the Midstock event which happens on the same day and probably in the same location? :p
Originally posted by Thorarin
Football Tournament Sunday the 14th (on the Midstock event)

T

Thorarin

I don't have final word from GOA yet, but due to several circumstances* the tournament will likely be cancelled.
To those that expressed interest in participating, stay tuned, we'll get this thing done sometime :)

*: The Midstock event was cancelled, GOA personel has been unavailable due to illness and now the Excalibur server is acting strangely which will most likely cause extra work for the GMs.

F

Flimgoblin

ooh...

I think I may need to set up Humberton FC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom