Football Rant

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Well, since they hijacked the quotes thread, time for some Karmatic payback.

Football: The homosexual choice.

Ever notice that most blokes call football, "the beautiful game"? I mean, why? Ever seen a footballer close-up? Not the prettiest ladymen on the planet are they. I mean if mincing up and down a field surrounded my concret and thousands of swearty fanboys is you idea of entertainment, well then, you must have to ask yourself "Is this right?"

I mean, it's just one long boring rendition of ballet with a ball.

I once asked a few local football nuts about the game, to explain the most basic reasons for watching and enjoying the game, and got 4 hours of drunken drivel. As far as anyone has been able to explain to me, the basic jist is that:
1) Watching 11 men perform in comparison to the other 11 men is fun.
2) Pride of supporting your teams men and favourite player.
3) It is a game of skill and subtlety, staregy and position.
4) Women cannot understand the game, making it a purly mans persuit.
5) Comradery with other men.
6) Bond with your teeam and other supporters.

I then asked about womens football, to which I got a rather nasty look and an explenation of "not manly enough".

Anyone see the reasoning here? Watching men run up and down a field giggling and mincing like a bunch of stage show prancers is manly, yet watching boobs jiggle for 90 mins isn't. Am I missing some subtle piont here? Has the whole premise passed me by?

Eventually, I went to women supporters, who seems to have the purest of reasons for watching, male players and "cute bums" being the prime reasons. I asked about sportsmanship and comradery, which was returned with blank stares and and explenation of childish behavior by most players.

So, i'm none the wiser (or am I), but the most likely explenation is that football, the sport, is nothing more that a way for regulare ment ot get in touch with there homosexual tendencies without actually being gay in full.

The study into this subject continues. Pleasze feel free to leave your views on the subject here, as i'm sure may different veiwpoints will help bring this to a resolution.

Marc

FH is my second home
number of men in the uk that like football > number of men in the uk that dont

SO the ones that dont are the minority

Bit like benders.

nuff said

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
The only blokes who are anti-football are the ones who are still hung up over always getting picked last in the school kick about. :p

And women's football is just crap. That ain't sexist, it's just how it is. A bit like if blokes tried to play netball...it would just look wrong.

As for women who watch football, I mean properly watch it at live games, they do it because of

a) Yes they like the player's bums

and

b) They have some appreciation of the game.

If women's football wasn't crap blokes'd watch it for 2 reasons also ;)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
number of men in the uk that like football > number of men in the uk that dont

SO the ones that dont are the minority

Bit like benders.

nuff said

Hmmm, I wonder if its that great a majority that like it though.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Only football that vaguely interests me is when England get their ass kicked by either Germany/France or Brazil.

All this european cup shit is lame, it's funny that people I know know more about the EU/Premiership/General football and yet know crap about most other things... Though there are some execptions. Though I admit, sometimes it can be interesting. As the Fra VS Isr match yesterday evening. I suppose it's more to do with Nation Pride more than anything. Since I'm partially French I wanted to see France win. But it made no differance to my life.

I can agree, it does seem like a homosexual game. But I think it applies more to the people who spend £500/1200 Francs/Euro to go see a team every week.
Football is a sport most people watch because they can. I tend to watch more exiciting things, extreame sports are better.

And no. I was never picked last for sports so don't ask or even think it.

PS: Binky, +1 btw.
PSS: Ignore all typos. I'm really tired.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:

i would love to be stood in the vault when u came in and called all the footie supporters homo's.

would take you months to straighten your NHS specs

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
The only blokes who are anti-football are the ones who are still hung up over always getting picked last in the school kick about. :p

lol :clap:

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Boxing and wrestling is more ghey then football.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
Boxing and wrestling is more ghey then football.

why you like to watch them then? ;)

this whole discussion is gonna end up with the football supporters being homophobic and the non football supporters swearing they arent gay either.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Womens football is great if your bother watching it :)

England have a class womens team (and some of them are cute!)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Womens football is great if your bother watching it :)

England have a class womens team (and some of them are cute!)

I have watched it both on tv and live. It should be a dream come true - women playing the beautiful game. Heck, I have relatives who play (I've even been to watch them). But it's just crap. The only men who say that women's football is good are either a) men who do the ironing at home and don't understand the game or b) are desperate to get laid and will say anything they think works.

:D

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
football is wierd

its like parents tell their kids football is a worthy passtime and encourage them 2 get into it from an early age so they grow up with it influenciung them and stay into it their whole life.

I dont mind the game of football, i used 2 like playing it in school etc (and would still like playing it if the ppl who wana play it now wernt 10000000xbetter than me) but watching it is boring and i cant stand the over hyped media coverage and "drama" surrounding it. When england play i always just want them to lose cos of the hype :p

I think its a big case of the more you know about something the more interesting it is as well.

some tard said:
The only blokes who are anti-football are the ones who are still hung up over always getting picked last in the school kick about.

i dont recall ever being picked last since i was genraly pretty athletic but i still dont like it.

Gamah

Banned
Not a great fan of football and cant understand the people that are nuts about it...but I dont mind watching the odd game.

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
Football is a game for gentlemen, played by animals. Rugby is a game for animals, played by gentlemen.

A very old saying and a very true one imo :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
haarewin said:
this whole discussion is gonna end up with the football supporters being homophobic and the non football supporters swearing they arent gay either.

and whats so wrong in being gay? i bet u dont have a problem watching 2 gay females "go at it" do ya? just because they are female doesent make it less gay or "morally wrong" (if u want to quote the homophobes/christians/any hardcore religion)

yeah i suppose i could argue about "but they are females!" but that still doesent make it less gay :)

aslong as they keep it to themself and dont try it on me i dont care if every man on earth is gay (more ladies for me then).

but seriously, all this gay talk to provoke with is getting really really old by now. and it isnt really working anymore. it would have in the 80's. but not now.

/edit: this isnt a rant at u specifically Haarewin, just that ur post made such a good rant answer... ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
Skrad said:
Football is a game for gentlemen, played by animals. Rugby is a game for animals, played by gentlemen.

A very old saying and a very true one imo :)

or if you play rugby union. A game for puffs, played by puffs.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Binky the Bomb said:

Ever notice that most blokes call football, "the beautiful game"? I mean, why? Ever seen a footballer close-up? Not the prettiest ladymen on the planet are they. I mean if mincing up and down a field surrounded my concret and thousands of swearty fanboys is you idea of entertainment, well then, you must have to ask yourself "Is this right?"

I mean, it's just one long boring rendition of ballet with a ball.

I once asked a few local football nuts about the game, to explain the most basic reasons for watching and enjoying the game, and got 4 hours of drunken drivel. As far as anyone has been able to explain to me, the basic jist is that:
1) Watching 11 men perform in comparison to the other 11 men is fun.
2) Pride of supporting your teams men and favourite player.
3) It is a game of skill and subtlety, staregy and position.
4) Women cannot understand the game, making it a purly mans persuit.
5) Comradery with other men.
6) Bond with your teeam and other supporters.

I then asked about womens football, to which I got a rather nasty look and an explenation of "not manly enough".

Anyone see the reasoning here? Watching men run up and down a field giggling and mincing like a bunch of stage show prancers is manly, yet watching boobs jiggle for 90 mins isn't. Am I missing some subtle piont here? Has the whole premise passed me by?

Eventually, I went to women supporters, who seems to have the purest of reasons for watching, male players and "cute bums" being the prime reasons. I asked about sportsmanship and comradery, which was returned with blank stares and and explenation of childish behavior by most players.

So, i'm none the wiser (or am I), but the most likely explenation is that football, the sport, is nothing more that a way for regulare ment ot get in touch with there homosexual tendencies without actually being gay in full.

The study into this subject continues. Pleasze feel free to leave your views on the subject here, as i'm sure may different veiwpoints will help bring this to a resolution.

What you have basically said is you dont understand football so any one that dose must obviously be gay?

Your a funny fucker you are, are you bitter because the football interupted the heated tidley wink championship you were watching??

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
rantatatnarnanr.

of course i dont have a problem watching 2 women go at it - it does nothing for me. it could be all that was on tv and i wouldnt give a shit. there isnt anything wrong with being gay, and if i had a problem with people being gay, id have to disown a few of my friends (and slit my own wrists).

Ctuchik said:
aslong as they keep it to themself and dont try it on me i dont care if every man on earth is gay (more ladies for me then).

hahahahahahaa. most men that say that you wouldnt even want to try it on with :p

oh, and i dont like football or sports in general, was always ok at them as a kid but didnt spend my time on the football pitch at breaktimes at school, i was too busy being myself.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Soccer(have to :D ) just adds to the "this is a UK forum" feel that barrysworld has taken a turn towards.

Sadly.

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but this place assumes that you're from the UK. Mostly.

Don't even try to say it ain't so :p

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I dont like football, i do however watch the world cup and some international games, but on a club level it just does not float my boat. I find most spectator sports dull, but then the reason why they are spectator sports in the first place is cos well, they are kinda dull, big open field games where u can surround the field with a bunch of people that like to watch esentially the same thing over and over. I like international rugby too but againt don't follow club rugby.

I prefer to watch X-Games types sports, from skating to ice climbing, mountain biking to surfing. (and these are the type sports that i have partcipated in over the years) I have nothing against football fans though (except the chavs) each to their own i guess.

Gimme mountain bikes any time :>

oh and your choice in sport has no bearing on your sexuality IMO, mebe the lone climber just has more confidence and esteem than the guys who need 10 mates to go get pissed and abuse people with :flame:

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Mojo said:
mebe the lone climber just has more confidence and esteem than the guys who need 10 mates to go get pissed and abuse people with :flame:

lol :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:
i dont recall ever being picked last since i was genraly pretty athletic but i still dont like it.

Easy tiger, what's with calling me a "tard" ? If you're gonna flame atleast do it with a little more class :touch:

Marc

FH is my second home
Mojo said:
oh and your choice in sport has no bearing on your sexuality IMO, mebe the lone climber just has more confidence and esteem than the guys who need 10 mates to go get pissed and abuse people with :flame:

Totally flawed argument. You do realise that one necessary attribute of any sportsman competing at the top level (be it Football, RUgby league, Tennis, moto x, ice hockey) is confidence. A person who lacks this will never ever make it. Simple as. A lot of jealous people misinterpret it as arrogance.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Soccer(have to :D ) just adds to the "this is a UK forum" feel that barrysworld has taken a turn towards.

Sadly.

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but this place assumes that you're from the UK. Mostly.

Don't even try to say it ain't so :p

What absolute twaddle. If it was a UK-biased forum there would be threads about "Whatever happened to Benny from Crossroads?", "Tommy ketch or gravy with your chips?" and "The merits of Banks's original". The lack of such threads proves that FH has been hijacked by European forumists. :m00:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh i didnt mean that it's -totally- UK biased. It just has this feel of an irish pub that -slightly- frowns upon strange looking europeans with digi-cameras hanging from their ripostes.

If you catch my current.

EDIT: Didn't mean that irish and english are the same, just a "english pub" didn't sound as good.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Oh i didnt mean that it's -totally- UK biased. It just has this feel of an irish pub that -slightly- frowns upon strange looking europeans with digi-cameras hanging from their ripostes.

If you catch my current.

It's "drift", not "current". Bloody foreigners...not from round 'ere are ya?

Like that you mean?

:D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken said:
I have watched it both on tv and live. It should be a dream come true - women playing the beautiful game. Heck, I have relatives who play (I've even been to watch them). But it's just crap. The only men who say that women's football is good are either a) men who do the ironing at home and don't understand the game or b) are desperate to get laid and will say anything they think works.

lol :)

I watched the England v Portugal game on late TV, england Pelted them 4-0 that would never happen normaly :p
Oh this might answer your last statement :p I'm a tottenham fan ^^ and thats a funny idea using it to pull, tho i somehow don't think it would work :p
I'll not bother making a statement of my own or they'll moan at me for bringing up the homosexual football rant ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom