Football: Ole Gunnar :(

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
The legend has announced his retirement with a knee injury :(

What a player he was, will always be remembered for sitting on the bench week after week and not complaining one little bit.

And ofc his winning goal in the CL final :)

What a player!

gohan

FH is my second home
he wont REALLY be missed by united, spend best part of last 4 years injured

but united were VERY lucky to have a player of his callibur happy to sit on the bench game after game an paly 15 mins every 2 weeks

bet he was so unfit tho :p if he ever played 90 mins his body with give up an his lungs would probly end up on the pitch

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Another striker down :( Only 3 recognised strikers at the club now, fucking laughable if it wasn't so stupid.

As for Ole, complete legend and one of the few modern day players I have any time for. He spends a ridiculous amout of time helping local charities and interacting with the various fan groups. I dare say he holds a more special place in many Mancunian United fans hearts than any other player at the club.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Great player. After watching Utd struggle to score yet again at the weekend (Nani strike was well hit yes, but the only reason Robinson didnt get a hand to it was it got a lucky deflection off Tevez's head) bet theres a lot of Utd fans out there who wish they still had a 26 year old Ole sat on the bench to come on as a "super sub" and save so many games.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ole was a legend and I doubt anyone will ever be as loyal to a club as he has been.

He sat on the bench week in, week out and never complained. The club meant alot to him and he always gave his full. Never would you see him shy away from a game.
His loyalty was shown in 1998 was it? When a bid was put in to him and Fergi gave him the situation and told him that it his choice. He said he wanted to stay and had no plans ever leaving. And for that fans have to be ever grateful as just look what he did in 99.

The baby face assassin is irraplacable, I doubt we will ever have a world class striker like that to come of the bench and save us in a time of need. While other players attitudes changed around him in the game, he remained a model professional who shuned the limelight. He just worked to his best ability for the club and the fans, and instead of seeking publicity he would then go be a normal family man.

He will be a great ambassidor (sp? it too early to think) for Man Utd and he will be missed by everyone. Shame his career has had to end on a low due to many injuries but he will never be forgotten.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Wasn't he planning to go onto the coaching staff after he retired anyway?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
What a brilliant player, one of the Premierships best imports, thats when imports meant you got 1 or 2 per club.

My top 8 would be;

Zola (little beauty)
Henry
Solksjaer
Bergkamp
Schmiechal(get your son to play for England)
Ronaldo
Radebe
Tony Yabohah (that goal versus Liverpool was classic)

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
A legend and fantastic player; he is staying with manchester united in some role

Influenza

Part of the furniture
What a brilliant player, one of the Premierships best imports, thats when imports meant you got 1 or 2 per club.

My top 8 would be;

Zola (little beauty)
Henry
Solksjaer
Bergkamp
Schmiechal(get your son to play for England)
Ronaldo
Radebe
Tony Yabohah (that goal versus Liverpool was classic)

You missed the best one , cantona :(

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Deffo one of the best players to come out of Norway.

Sad to see him quit.

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
I think that Solskjaer will always be more associated with the term "Super Sub". He often managed to come off the bench and score a vital goal or two. Sadly those vital goals were for Manchester United.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I will always remember him for his destruction of Forest 4 goals in an 18 minute spell. Fergie was always right though, he was an impact player, he actually watched the match as a sub and attacked the weak link.

Not like some of these big time charlies nowadays who sit there talking about how much their new earring cost. He was a great finisher and I am sad to see him finished, however I would rather he be able to walk for the rest of his life :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
to the man U junior team iirc...

Apparently the reserve team need a coach/manager currently and there is talk of him taking over that role. Should do a good job I feel and Im sure that players will be more then happy to learn from his many experiences, afteral he won everything possible in the domestic sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom