Football: Martin Jol Bent...it's official!!!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Henry for £16m was a bargain.

This is daylight robbery :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Overrated, overvalued. This is English football at it's most insane, £16.5 million for a player with no experience in Europe and little more than a decent goalscoring record with the vast majority of those goals coming against the bottom clubs. Crazy.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
christ i know owen is injured but he was 17m... cant really compare the 2 can you?

spurs should be ashamed of themselves

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Lets see, if Henry went for 16 million, Bent should have been 2 million :p

Its a stupid deal, Spurs could have bought Smith from Man United or even better, played Defoe more

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lets see, if Henry went for 16 million, Bent should have been 2 million :p

Its a stupid deal, Spurs could have bought Smith from Man United or even better, played Defoe more

Yep, I don't see where this guy fits in when you consider the players Spurs already have. Keane, Berbatov and Defoe are all better players than Bent in my opinion. Also what has happened to Mido? Has he moved on?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Yep, I don't see where this guy fits in when you consider the players Spurs already have. Keane, Berbatov and Defoe are all better players than Bent in my opinion. Also what has happened to Mido? Has he moved on?

Think so, went back to an Italian team on loan next season.

And Defoe is on his way out sadly, the most exciting striker after Owen(before Rooney burst through ofc)

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Henry for £16m was a bargain.

This is daylight robbery :p

Henry is 30 years old D-Bent 23

Henry 16m - D-Bent 16.5m

3 years playing for Henry => 5,33m per year
10 years for D-Bent => 1,65m per year

Not to mention Henry's salary vs D-Bent's salary

Of course Henry is far better but his at the end of his career while D-Bent is starting and I think he's a good player.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Henry is 30 years old D-Bent 23

Henry 16m - D-Bent 16.5m

3 years playing for Henry => 5,33m per year
10 years for D-Bent => 1,65m per year

Not to mention Henry's salary vs D-Bent's salary

Of course Henry is far better but his at the end of his career while D-Bent is starting and I think he's a good player.

I understand the logic here, but Henry is a proven world-class player with 2-3 years left at the highest level. He is the kind of player who can be the difference between winning and losing the European Cup or the Primera Liga. On top of that you will get more interest in the club, possibly some shirt sales or other merchandising/advertising revenue into the club.

Darren Bent is a promising young English player, but look at Francis Jeffers, Kevin Davies (who I went to school with :p), James Milner...the list of good young strikers who never went on to fulfil their potential despite big-money moves is a very long list.

At the end of the day...Henry has the proven track record that makes 16 million quid a good risk from both a footballing and a business perspective. What evidence is there that Bent will ever be able to repay the massive investment Spurs have made in him?

soze

I am a FH squatter
At 23 Bent is not what i would call a young up and comer and when you think he sits behind

Rooney
Owen
Crouch
Johnson
Defoe
Nugent

In the pecking order it is a blatant waste of money.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
At 23 Bent is not what i would call a young up and comer and when you think he sits behind

Rooney
Owen
Crouch
Johnson
Defoe
Nugent

In the pecking order it is a blatant waste of money.

I might well add Alan Smith into that list if he can stay fit for more than 2 weeks on the spin...whatever happened to Darius Vassell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom