[Football] Happy Anniversairy!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Today marks 8 years since Chelsea trounced Man Utd 5-0 at Stamford Bridge :D

<3 Taibi

Just a shame tonight we'll probably get trounced :(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
:p Vlad. Will be a tough match for you though.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I can see a spectacular fall from grace next season. All the best players leaving, followed by your chairman pulling out:(

Hope Chelski doesnt end up like Leeds :(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It has got to be a concern, Chelsea had one of the biggest wage bills before he came along, not many clubs would pay the money Chelsea are paying some of their players.

Lethul

FH is my second home
how can it be 1-1 still? 5-0 would better reflect the game :p

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Great result for Chelsea..

As for liverpool according to Thompson they were shockingly bad!

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Dida even got pwned by a Celtic fan :D:D

I bet he was looking at the fan's girlfriend - got what was coming heh. Well, in Glasgow, they use any excuse to launch unprovoked attacks =) It's what the tourists come to see!

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
preface, coming from a united fan here so wasnt too bothered if chelsea lost, but at the same time, english club in europe and not exactly a valencia fan after them being our euro bogey team for 3yrs

anyways....

i dont know who was commentating, but the sidekick (bloke who doesnt speak as much alá laurensen or good old andy gray) was REALLY REALLY getting on my nerves

every comment he made, was just, either plain un-true or so overly emphasized that it basically took the piss.

just a couple of examples: Jon Obi getting a yellow on his way off the pitch for time wasting, and im not a fan of the lad, he does tend to try and bend the rules whenever possible, but the commentator spurted out "Well hes probably very tired after such a magnificent performance" as an excuse for taking 2minutes to walk off the pitch.....

around 75mins: chelsea punt the ball up field, drogba almost keeps a hold of it but the big lad at the back manages to nick it "Ooooohhh marvelous play from Drogba, look how strong he is"

but the chelsea 2nd goal topped it, he must have praised joe cole (after completely dismissing the ball to hand as if it never happened) and drogba's "Absolutely world class international" goal (which to me was just a tidy finish after showing decent composure) about 12-15 times

seemed to me like he wanted to give didiers bum a bit of a poking

anyone else think anything along these lines?

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
been watching footy on the telly for 15+ years now and never has a commentator annoyed me so much!

he was just an idiot really...

anyways im putting it down to the fact sky screen like every champs league game these days so have to bring in fairly retarded people to commentate them all, i could do a much better job than those efforts!

does anyone know how to get into the commentating business? is one of the pre-reqs "must have made a name for oneself in the footballing world" or is there other ways?

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
You mean you dont watch England world cup games with a sick bucket close by? I agree, it can really get over the top at times.

EPL games are usually ok because they arent usually biased towards any particular team but as soon as an English team is up against a foreign team, you can kiss that professionalism goodbye =) (This doesnt apply to National games where England are qualifying as the media and press always tend to trash them before the game has started)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom