[Football] Arsenal v Liverpool

Everz

FH is my second home
I said every fucking player on the pitch dived. And then you felt the need to tell me Torres dived as well ? well DUH

Maybe your tv screen froze over or something, but the only one i saw doing over-the-top diving was torres, as far as i saw there was hardly any other diving at all.

Lethul

FH is my second home
straff_584699w.jpg

I just don't see the obvious penalty. Maybe I'm just brought up in a different football culture.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
those angles are shit, the angle from behind where you actually see kuyt's run across the back of Hleb and see the effects it has on Hleb.

Staying on your feet is not rewarded, Rooney did as much against Liverpool two weeks ago in what was a blatant penatly by Carragher.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just seen it and yes, nailed on penalty. He denies the striker a goal scoring chance by knocking him off the ball, he effectively plays the man and not the ball. It is much like the ankle tap in rugby where you are side by side with the man who is running with the ball and you can't get a grip on him so you gently whack his ankle while he is in full flight to knock him over. The worst part of it all is the referee, he was so close to that he really should not have missed it.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Not as blatant a penalty as many are making it sound. Similar to the one which Benjani got at the weekend for Man city and many pundits said that wasnt a penalty. Seen them given, seen them not, either way i wouldnt have been suprised. I was watching the game next to the most narrow minded old randomer Arsenal supporter who just decided he would add himself to our groups conversation. So my views may be shaped by the fact that he was an annoying **** all game. His greatest comment was that Eboue doesnt dive and is infact a better winger than Ronaldo.

soze

I am a FH squatter
He is not a real Arsenal fan as most i know and go to games with hate Eboue and the way he dives and generally hate the fact he can't cross a ball. But that is a blatant penalty Helb going to goal Kytit pulls him back while making no attempt to play the ball penalty.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
He is not a real Arsenal fan as most i know and go to games with hate Eboue and the way he dives and generally hate the fact he can't cross a ball. But that is a blatant penalty Helb going to goal Kytit pulls him back while making no attempt to play the ball penalty.

Yeah i know, i wasnt trying to generalise :). Just saying that when i was watching it i was in no mood to concede that it might have been a penalty with some random old scruber giving it lip in my ear all night. In the beer infused environment of the pub it didnt look all that blatant to me, but a lot of people who have their heads screwed on right are saying it was, so i will watch it again.

The tie is far from over, at 1-1 the away goal will only come into effect if its 0-0 and i think Arsenal will score. I just hope we score more :p.

Marc

FH is my second home
Unlucky Arse, thats a trophyless season for you. Cant see you scoring at anfield. We all know small clubs like Liverpool only need to concentrate on one competetion which is what makes them so dangerous in Europe.

United - Chelsea Final for me.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Not if we don't pull our socks up at SB Marc - Zico got his subs spot on after half time.

Unless Grant lifts a trophy in May he won't be around for long after.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I found fat Frank whinging at being subbed hilarious, the sooner he realises that he isnt untouchable the better for himself. I thought the lessons of Capello's approach at England would have taught him something.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I thought he was having a better game than most in fairness - but he'd only trained twice before the game because he was ill beforehand.

I would've switched Lampard for Ferreira and put Essien in midfield - then taken off the deadwood that is Malouda and put on Anelka to play 2 up front.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Essien is a god and should be started every single game in that defensive midfield birth, no excuses. He is the best player Chelsea have and at times he is woefully misused.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Essien is a god and should be started every single game in that defensive midfield birth, no excuses. He is the best player Chelsea have and at times he is woefully misused.

aye. He's not the best defensive midfielder in the world, but he's definately one of the best midfielders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom