Fool's Bow

Ballade.

Banned
I have been killing the argo's for a few days now and never seen any harpys flying above the "pit" as descriped in visionofsages.

does anyone know how often these harpy's appear? respawn time? and can you get this bow without waiting for the harpys?

Thanks in advance

Snakester

Fledgling Freddie
artifact octopus is only there when harpys flying above water, keep an eye on where they swoop down to the water, artifact mob usally beneath that area, indistingishable from other mobs, could be near the top or around middle. and watch it as they shout for help like crazy, 60ish mobs on u isn't funny .

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
the encounter is only up when the harpys are flying about. you will notice them swooping to the ocean and up again. they actually track the octopus with the bow. Keeping that in mind and looking about for suspicious behaviour on one of them octopus I managed to get the bow first kill :)

Ballade.

Banned
been camping for 7 hours straight now, and still no sight of any harpy's as decriped :( starting to think this bow is a mith

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
I saw em once. Was before i read up on this quest and didnt realise where i was.
So what happend was TWO SCOUTS sailed right over this artifact and didnt stop haha :D :worthy: :twak: :m00:

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
I got the bow once, but due to it being pitch black I couldnt pick it up, did ask GoA if they could stick it in my inv since I done the quest, their answer?? Do it again you lazy sod ( not actual qoute )

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Ballade. said:
been camping for 7 hours straight now, and still no sight of any harpy's as decriped :( starting to think this bow is a mith

when the harpy's are not up the encounter has not reset yet. Just park an alt at spot and check it from time to time.

lathoniel

Fledgling Freddie
If the harpys are above, the bow is there to be had, if not, go do something else for a few hours.

tried this encounter 3 times, first time 40+ pulls. (apprently the respawns dont hold the bow). 2nd time, tried the tip below, got it on 2nd pull. third time, got it first pull....

try to get in the 'centre' of the harpies flight-circle, when ur fairly sure u got it, sink into the water and patiently wait till you see an argos rise/fall without the animation playing (in other words, his legs dont flap like the others), be patient, they take a little while to move, if u dont see it for five, sink a bit lower, sooner or later the morphing movement of an argos will catch ur eye, shoot it. chances are it holds the bow. worked twice for me.

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
ahhh lovely fools bow.. I finally got it last sunday having camped the spot for a few hours each day for two weeks.... Quite simply the whole thing is an absolute bitch. The worst thing about it is that if you're unlucky you will get some arse hole scout claiming that there is no such thing as a queue for the drop and waiting alongside you even if you've been there for hours, or, even worse they will stealth down and either pull other argo's sneakily or wait in stealth for you to die to 60 of them and then leech the bow for themselves... The respawn timer is insanely slow... You just have to be lucky... Sorry, but fools bow is a tosser to get quite simply :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom