Fools Bow

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi all, does any1 know the pop time on the fools bow or is it random?
and do you have to wait for the harpies to spwan and swoop, or can u just kill oct's.
<CAUSE ITS DOIN MY HEAD IN :-P> :eek2:

Vae

Resident Freddy
You're not the first. One of my scout guildies has been camping for it for hours upon hours. I've also heard the same story from a hunter and a ranger. The E&E have enquired from Goa about it in case it is bugged or is meant to be on such a long spawn.

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
You simply wait for harpys, i sat there 3 hrs before they apeared, then the fun starts as you kill random octopus till you get bow, hopeiing yours drops before anyone else camping there.... Soon as bow drops the harpys leave, and the waiting begins again :)

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
yer thought as much :), cheers peeps ah well, just sit and wait i guess.......if u do happen to pass me take pitty and give me a wave, hehe

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
I was lucky and got the bow in 3 kills :eek:

But the spawn is fairly random, and has a story to it also.

Seems the harpies were unhappy that they were unable to destroy the bow as it was too powerful so threw it in the sea (or something along those lines) hence the harpies needing to be over the water for the drop to be there.

Dont bother killing random octopus' tho, just stealth around and watch them, you will see one that looks a bit odd - moves quickly and randomly and just generally does not behaive like the others there - thats the guy with the bow ;)

A

Aoln

I tried the stealthing method but all seemed to act normal, so got some friends down and pbaoe'd the place up for a bit and still didnt drop.
Finally got it after starting from the top where the harpies swoop down and working my way down killing all in range.

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Camped it for a couple hours, had some pallies and an ice wiz and a cleric (and the scout guildie who wanted it ofc ;) ), nothing. Then again, were no harpies up top.

Came back day after, saw harpies.. 2 pallies, cleric, inf, necro, scout, just random group, not all 50s ect.. Chain pulled for about 15 mins, then got bow.

Go early morning or really late night (RL time), best chance that no one has farmed it recently.. If there's harpies above and no one else camping it, it's only a matter of time to get it.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Thax guys, poped last night but got 2 late and didnt get the bow, nurf work imo ah well ill just have to be patient hehe

ki'ap

Fledgling Freddie
Anar said:
Thax guys, poped last night but got 2 late and didnt get the bow, nurf work imo ah well ill just have to be patient hehe

Bah u mean when i left the mob for you, pm'd you where it was...u didn't kill it...noooo!!!!!

ah well atleast i picked up a loverly MP heavy longbow from a friend leaving the realm :<

Blood

Fledgling Freddie
been waiting for this and other slowass spawns for days now

where the hell is the fun/challenge/excitement in having to wait days after days for bottleneck spawns... myhtic/goa really fucked up on this kind of decisions for slow spawns.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
ki'ap said:
Bah u mean when i left the mob for you, pm'd you where it was...u didn't kill it...noooo!!!!!

ah well atleast i picked up a loverly MP heavy longbow from a friend leaving the realm :<

yer soz m8, i tried 2 get hold of you but i think u must have looged (damn squids), thanks again though damn decent of u old chap :) :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom