Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nichneven

Because I'm having a terribly bored day at work, I find that my mind has been wandering to the subject of my stomach, which is currently eating itself. I've downed 3 cups of coffee and nothing else since last night.

I work in Cambridge, Boston, and fgs food is so damn expensive here. I spend nearly 8 bucks for a decent sandwich. Although there is a lot of variety in town I can only afford the same thing: sandwich or soup.... every single day. It's boring.

What do you people usually do for food while you're at work? I'm vegetarian so I don't get much of a variety to begin with :(

I just want to try something new... that will prevent me from having to bring my lunch because there is almost never any food in my house (I have a 13 year old brother).

M

Munkey-

Well......I could reccomend something that only has 5 calories (is it by the teaspoon full?) Is readily available and your 13 year old bro can readily supply.

But it comes from meat.

So that rules that one out then.

Alternativley, buy sarnies (sandwiches) on the way to work or get a subway.

T

The Kingpin

Let me see...

Bacon,pork, a good lamb chop..

meat pie's are also good on the go. i also do enjoy Bacon double cheese burger meal..

:D

T

The Kingpin

No..

Mcdonalds can't cook at burger if ronald McDonald made one him self..

Burger King all the way!

M

Munkey-

Oh you're bored of sandwiches.

Well........you could try looking for a local deli bar or something.

But i doubt they'll have the.....erm......seasoning......that i mentioned earlier

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Munkey-
Well......I could reccomend something that only has 5 calories (is it by the teaspoon full?) Is readily available and your 13 year old bro can readily supply.

But it comes from meat.

So that rules that one out then.

sick sick

home made salad/sandwiches 4tehwin...

buy a fridge with a padlock?

M

Munkey-

Buy one of the old fashioned fridges. Bait it with food and then throw him in it and close the door!

That way he cant get out!

Alternativley, make fun of him infront of his g/f until he agrees to stop stealing all the food

T

The Kingpin

Cookies!!

How about crackers..
or hmm, Pasta..

Ummm, out of ideas already..

N

Nichneven

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
buy a fridge with a padlock?

Sounds like a plan ;)

Bah, don't us non-meat eaters get any lub? Maybe I'll try some pasta or something. Buying the sandwich on the way here won't really work for me. I leave the house at 7am to drive here... break out the work right away. Then I get one hour for lunch but it would take me too long to walk to a place that sells cheap sandwiches (like a subways, etc).

I guess i'm just screwed and I'll have to blow a good chunk of my paycheck to eat decent food. Or I can always stock up on ramen. :rolleyes:

Alternativley, make fun of him infront of his g/f until he agrees to stop stealing all the food

i would if I could but he doesn't have a gf yet - he's a nerd :D

T

The Kingpin

Make a packed lunch the night before work..

Can have anything you want then.

F

Flimgoblin

pasta salads might work...
(think that's just a fancy name for cold salad to be honest...)

R

Rubric

Stop being vegetarian.

M347473HW1N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

The Kingpin

To bad you can't eat tuna..

Pasta + tuna + sweet corn is very tasty dish, and easy to make.

One of my best infact.

N

Nichneven

actually, I DO eat fish. I'm one of those selective veggies. Fish is the only kind of meat I do eat... but I won't touch shellfish.. i'm allergic to it

D

Driwen

just curious by why eat fish, if you dont eat meat? Either they are farmed just like happens with meat or they get catched from the wild where alot of extra things are catched aswell.
Sorry no intend to flame, I am just curious as it isnt usually for vegetarians to not eat meat but do eat fish. Allthough I have never really gotten it, because of above standing reasons (which might be wrong but i dont think so).

ow and I would advice to make your own lunch the night before :p. Its cheaper and prolly tastier :p, atleast you could get some fruit+vegetables too:p.

M

Munkey-

I had a friend who claimed he was a vege but he always ate mince.

Strange boy

N

Nichneven

Ok I don't eat meat like poultry, steak, etc... but I do eat fish. Why? Well, because I need protein and I like fish a lot more than I like any other kind of meat. That's why I call myself a selective vegetarian. I'm not a true to heart one. I'm also NOT a vegan... so I will eat eggs, but not chicken.

I just call myself a veggie because it's easier to say. But tbh I love fish.

And it doesn't have to do with the fact that animals are slaughtered, oh the poor cute little lamb etc etc.... :)

Well... I admit I do think lambs are cute, and it does piss me off when my bf is within ear shot and then says something intelligent in a very troll-like voice:

"mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm laaaaaaaamb............"

T

tris-

would it not be easier to say i dont like meat rather than your a veggie? considering they are two different things altogether.

N

Nichneven

mmmmmmmmaybe. But the point of my post was not to argue about that...

E

Ekydus

I find vegeterians funny in overview. They turn down food because of the way it was slaughtered, when in actualy fact if we weren't civilised it would be a lot more brutal. We need to eat meat to survive, which shows why vegeteriants have to take those little pills to stay alive...

Then you come to Nichneven's case with things like fish that are caught in a net and suffocate, but that's fine... Give it up you're a so called vegeterian with cliché written all over you.

(Not being horrible - it's how it is.)

B

Belsameth

was the way it used to be that much more horrible?

I don't think they used to put cows in boxes so small they can hardly move. or chain pigs to the floor when they have young...or chickens in tiny little cages with no use other then to lay eggs...

T

The Kingpin

Am sure the thread was about what food to eat, and not why she does not eat pork ect ect..

So keep on topic, and stop passing the tub of poo stireing around..

T

The Kingpin

Originally posted by Belsameth
was the way it used to be that much more horrible?

I don't think they used to put cows in boxes so small they can hardly move. or chain pigs to the floor when they have young...or chickens in tiny little cages with no use other then to lay eggs...

It was fun in them days..

Run up to a cow and poke it with a pike, mwahahha...
And if a women dumped you, you could call her a witch and have her burned..

:D

E

Ekydus

Belsameth... you have gone off route now. Vegeterians detour from meat alltogether. If it was merely about conditions, well then they'd buy free range eggs and free range poultry. But no, instead they prefer pills. This is why vegeterians are so funny.

B

Belsameth

I agree on that, they are. nothing beats a good, bloody steak :)

to say that it used to be far more cruel is not true tho...

T

The Kingpin

Anything thats not free range, is kept is a small cage its whole life..

E

Ekydus

Nail gun to the head > Exhaustion and spears.

Alternatively; looking at Lions etc... Puncture wounds and collapsed throat.

:) Thanks for trying Belsameth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom