To Fix Fonts

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Because then the font size will be consistent with the rest of the webpages they view. Doesn't matter if it "bugs" them or not, it's not right. :)

Consistency > *

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Because making everything the same would be the pinnacle of human history...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Deebs can you please please disable font colour and size changes for now, until you settle on a new font. You've got wazz being a cock, even though changing size on his posts does not affect what he reads from others, and ECA using colours you can't see on a green background.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
How am I being a cock? I'm trying to improve and help the site. I personally think it looks fucking stupid with a text size so big and so much larger than everything else on the website/on any other website. That's having an opinion, and AFAIK Deebs wanted them to try and improve the place. I'm sorry you don't agree with me in this matter but there's no need to start calling me a cock about it. Shall I just not bother giving any feedback when asked to in future?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I dont care that you want it different, i care that you change yOur posts for no reason other than wanting to be a dick. Its hardly helping make a change, just you being difficult.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
How am I being a cock? I'm trying to improve and help the site. I personally think it looks fucking stupid with a text size so big and so much larger than everything else on the website/on any other website. That's having an opinion, and AFAIK Deebs wanted them to try and improve the place. I'm sorry you don't agree with me in this matter but there's no need to start calling me a cock about it. Shall I just not bother giving any feedback when asked to in future?
Well to be fair it's because whatever font finally gets settled on you've monged the posts you've made in the interim and they'll always be monged on the site unless you're planning to go back through all of them and edit them which will then make them stand out for eternity and be "different" from the rest of the internet thus undermining your own objective, no?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I dont care that you want it different, i care that you change yOur posts for no reason other than wanting to be a dick. Its hardly helping make a change, just you being difficult.

I'm not being difficult, I just don't want my posts to look like a child's party poster because of the font and size. I'm not changing them to be a dick, I'm changing them because the default font to me is ugly, and while we have permission to change them I wiill do so if the default font is one I hate so much. You're directing your anger at the wrong place, don't be angry and people changing their fonts to something readable (it's fine if someone's changing it to make it hard to read or not readable at all), your anger is with the fact I can do it in the first place. This isn't my fault.

I would prefer it different yes, but the reason I've chased the issue up is that no decision has been made and this is an issue that affects a few people. I just want it resolved one way or the other. But I'm not going to abuse people about it.

Well to be fair it's because whatever font finally gets settled on you've monged the posts you've made in the interim and they'll always be monged on the site unless you're planning to go back through all of them and edit them which will then make them stand out for eternity and be "different" from the rest of the internet thus undermining your own objective, no?

Well I can't exactly do that with the draconian edit times, can I? :D

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Then resolve it by installing a browser add-on mate. That one for chrome even syncs across installations, what more could you want?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You posts are harder to read, therefore you are being a dick. Being constructive would be finding an alternative, posting in general and trying to get consensus, not just changing your post out of spite. I browse on my phone a lot of the time, I have to reset the zoom for your posts.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Wazz's posts look fine on my iPhone.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It looks fine for everyone but Ch3t it seems. No idea what he does with his iPhone but he does have a lot of issues on these boards with it (see number of threads).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Pretty pathetic wazz, so you aren't going to do something constructive, or fix your browser to display things how you like then?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Like I've said, I've tried every suggestion in here for making the font how I'd want it and it doesn't work because of the way the fonts are used here.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Guys,

take this back to the testforums (invite others etc) and you decide on a resolution to the font issue. I'll look into hacking the TinyMCE to disable font colour/size changes in the interim.

Also, no name calling please. Everyone has their personal preference and XF just opens up the ability for members to style their posts out of the box with no easy way of stopping it. Personally this is something I disagree with, I prefer a uniform look across every post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom