Font of Power...

Allrab

Fledgling Freddie
Font of Power...

I often end up in Cursed forest waiting to get into a Finliath killing group. Outside this group is often a good and nice FoP:er who lets us ppl who waits some comfort.
That made me wonder. How does the FoP work whenit comes to exp.

My hypothesis... 15% power regenerated was Dmg spell usage power. during the time when a mob was killed the exp for that 15% of mobs total exp value and result in like 100:XP .

The FoP group is consisted of 5 ppl in different lvls but FoP:er is lvl 50 the rest is 47, 41, 34 and 26.

Calculating total % each member gets in XP...

50+47+41+34+26=198

FoP:er gets 50/198 = 0,25 = 25% of XP
lvl 47 gets 47/198 = 0,23 = 23% of XP
lvl 41 gets 41/198 = 0,20 = 20% of XP
lvl 34 gets 34/198 = 0,17 = 17% of XP
and lvl 26 gets 26/198 = 0,13 = 13% of total XP

Now each member gets that presentage of the 100XP and results in everyone gets a small portion of mobs XP.

My conclusion is that there can be no leech in a FoP group outside the main group as som people say. Wont name names here :puke: . hehe.

Because if FoP er is self the tabel would be different and he himself would be leeching as a lvl 50 stil gets XP :D

But If you can explain better how the FoP works please share that info because it would be really good to know the workings of this wonderful ML spell, Correct me if im wrong :eek2:

Allrab Est lvl 47 Nightshade
Lies Corrupting lvl 50 Valewalker

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Dont understand your logic at all, you jump from dividing up exp between the leaches to "My conclusion is that there can be no leech in a FoP group outside the main group as som people say."

Fop outside a group leaches a small amount of exp. Afaik (and I could be wrong) the exp gain (leach) is based on the amount of aggro that person/group generates. Fop generates a small amount of aggro onto its caster for each person thats regenerating power from it. An out of group fopper will drain a small amount of exp from the party he supports, but fop more than makes up for that in kill rate.

Any more than one leach in a fop group is kinda silly, its pitifull exp without being shared between more than one leach.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure what you are getting at. If a grp were to make use of an out of group FOP it would reduce their XP yield. But most likely the group would have better xp yield thru less downtime. I dont think it has any effect on the group that actually has the FOP if other people are using it (unless they are killing the same mobs..)

I also think this is an incorrect view of how XP is distributed.

1) Remember XP is most likely capping for the lower level on fins.
2) based on your logic, if a 50 and a 25 were grouped, the 25 would get 33% of the 50's XP ( 25/75 ). This is definetly not the case... You would gain levels incredibly fast. Remeber you are getting 40-50 mil of some mobs, that would be 15 million a kill for a 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek2:

Allrab

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah... totally forgot bout the lvl cap.. True there m8... Im just trying to find the logic in the FoP. There must be some one wh decided its rules and I would like to know what the rules is.

Well still would like to se a calculation of the FoP device ;)

Allrab Est lvl 47 NS
Lies Corrupting lvl 50 VW

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Allrab said:
Yeah... totally forgot bout the lvl cap.. True there m8... Im just trying to find the logic in the FoP. There must be some one wh decided its rules and I would like to know what the rules is.

Well still would like to se a calculation of the FoP device ;)

Allrab Est lvl 47 NS

Fop generates aggro on the person who owns the fop. He gets aggro for each person who is regenerating mana.

Its no different from someone healing you out of group, or nuking your mobs from out of group.

Once a mob dies the game works out which groups had aggro, and divides the total exp between them in proportion to the aggro generated. More people in fop group does not cause increased leaching if they dont generate more aggro.

gravedigger

Fledgling Freddie
imo its ashame sich nice ML is used for pve while it should only be used in rvr since most MLs r (and all r meant for it) :(

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
The answer is ...................

a waffle

waffling is when someone talks aload of shite & dragging on about something they think they know.

Tor_nada2004

Fledgling Freddie
I agree whit allrab this its not fair , FoP-ers get the most xp , there shall not be no leechers , they can join for money if they want , or if u manage whit grp u can get FoP+leech in same grp...

Allrab

Fledgling Freddie
did I say so ?

Thought i did mean the FoP:er was the leecher, and therefore he cant call those who wants to join him leeches, Can you really leech on the leech and is that to leech ??

Just wanted to know how the FoP works but I think I understand it now.... dont make this a leech post because all have leeched, Yes that includes me also, Especially when waiting to get into Fin's grps, Nothing to do but wait and maybe leech a little... It so slow exp's that soloing blues goes faster so I would not really call it leech but what the hell. All I can say is that FoP:er is the first leecher and it does not matter if more ppl join the FoP:er it is still the same leech result, or whatever...

Allrab Est lvl 47 NS

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
I think I know what he means.

The FOP person out of main group leeches ###XP from that group as the FOP generates a certain amount of agro.

Some people dont like the FOP person to invite people into his group as they believe that this leeches more XP from the main group, well this is utter crap. The people in the 'FOP Group' get the XP the FOP person gets divided between them WITHOUT taking more from the main group.

The only way this would take more from the main group is if the FOP person also heals or people in his group do things that help the main group / hurt the fins.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
wafffleeeeeee

em fop is gettin nerfed really soon anyway so dont get yer knickers in a twist :D

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
why even bother working it out ... it keeps you spamming shrooms and fins and because it works without croc ring anyone can use it from outside the group opening up a spot for another animist or healer ... sorry maybe its just me who doesnt give a fuck how it works as long as i can shroom!! :(

The Glass is not half empty or half full, the glass has something in it .. so fucking get drinking :p

Clan Fist

Fledgling Freddie
Dafft said:
The answer is ...................

a waffle

waffling is when someone talks aload of shite & dragging on about something they think they know.

right on :)

couldnt agre more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom