focus Grand Summoner

X

xrn

Yes, never tried it though... but i know it is.

E

Everhate

It's possible but terrible slow ..... 20 minuts each bub aprox if it's a pure focus pull group.

A

Arnor

boring as watching paint dry on brick wall

but you dont need much healingpower, 1 chanter, 1drood and one bard should be nuff, just bring a kazillion power pots, I recommend bringing a bm or sumt to go in and whip it out on him after about 20-30mins of pet getting aggro.

E

Event

You have to use 2 chanters as GS focuses on nearest enemy

1 chanter gets him with focus - as mana nears zero 2nd chanter attacks GS with pet and then 1st chanter removes pet and rests.

GS will focus on the new pet now.

etc etc - boring but effective

T

taponzin

lalalala Summoner can be kill in 15-20 mins

:p

A

Ahqmae

If you wanna focus him bring;

2 chanters
1 druid
1 bard

Preferably rvr-gimps (yes that means you'll do good to have seren 2 on em), and bring a good amount of mana pots.

Bard is best @ 50 nurt 42 regro. Druid would do well with the cookie-cutter 40 nurt 35 regro.

Takes quite awhile but it's perfectly doable.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Backpack of mana pots does as well as a second chanter.

50 chanter.
High Nurture druid (39+).
Mana ment (for HoT / Mr).

+some extras I prefer:-

animist
2 tanks
2 healers

animst + tanks speed things up
2 healers so its a bit more casual on the healing

dunno why people think bards are good for a focus group.
Druids heal better and mana mentas have HoT / Heals and Mr5.

T

tuathra

my bard is great 4 focus group...

50 nurt and 42 regrowth.. single heals for 580 + seren 2 and mcl 2 .. thats why bards r good for focus :)

- Tua

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by tuathra
my bard is great 4 focus group...

50 nurt and 42 regrowth.. single heals for 580 + seren 2 and mcl 2 .. thats why bards r good for focus :)

- Tua

isn't your baseline heal still more mana efficient over time?

42 Major Apotheosis Friend 3.2s/0s/0s Rng: 2000 387 h 57 power

47 Minor Apotheosis Friend 2.2s/0s/0s Rng: 2000 119 h 17 power

from this it looks like you can cast around 4 baseline smalls for the price of one spec heal.

A

Ahqmae

Guess what your cookie cutter 16 regrowth bard's healing variance will be Boni.

Tutra the bard is easily better than a mana ment. He has baseline buffs, ment hasn't. He has the same MR, and his is FREE unlike the mana ment version which hurts once every 10 minutes. His heals are great.

Why pick a mentalist over a PL bard?

Doesn't leech xp when PLing. Presuming you have a buffbot too of course, otherwise your ment will have a hard time keeping mana up, and pulls are limited in size.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Ahqmae

Tutra the bard is easily better than a mana ment. He has baseline buffs, ment hasn't. He has the same MR, and his is FREE unlike the mana ment version which hurts once every 10 minutes. His heals are great.

Doesn't leech xp when PLing. Presuming you have a buffbot too of course, otherwise your ment will have a hard time keeping mana up, and pulls are limited in size.

Its fair to argue that mana song 5 > mr5, but a mentalist can provide mr to everyone and hot pet constantly for ever, and HoT doesnt draw aggro which is a nice bonus when focusing something that could aggro or takes time. Hot5 > 50 spec regrowth druid > 42 regrowth bard.

And we where not talking about exping, we where talking about focus pulling large mobs (Grand summoner for instance), havent a clue what you are on about in your last paragraph there, ofc we buff the pet....

Oh, and healing variance would be as good on tuathra as a regrowth specced druid, or her own baseline heal vs her own spec buffs which was my argument. Afaik healing variance is partly based on target level, which in the case of a blue con lvl 44 underhill ally isnt gonna be much anyway.

Im sure tuathra is a splendid bard and would make a great addition to any focus pull team, my argument was based on a theoritical best/smallest group setup which imo does not include such a bard as a first choice as you need a menta for hot5, and once you have that you have mr5.

I

ilaya

Originally posted by Ahqmae

EH?

D

Danya

Not many bards with 50 nurt anyway, much easier to find a 44 mana mentalist.

And yes, base heals are better - better aggro handling and better power efficiency.

K

Khalen

And what about the adds who sometimes spawn? the 2 purple con mobs (Aeifgeist or something). Which will become 1 mob if you wait a few seconds after pulling Summoner. We've tried to focuspull Summoner once and those 2 mobs totally wrecked up the pet in single blows.

G

Gargo-

lol... no really... LOL

Dont waste your time focus pulling him.. takes so long it makes you wanna cry..
And when you get pops as GS falls to 0%... that MAKES you cry :(

Tanks for this 1 imo :D ;)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Khalen
And what about the adds who sometimes spawn? the 2 purple con mobs (Aeifgeist or something). Which will become 1 mob if you wait a few seconds after pulling Summoner. We've tried to focuspull Summoner once and those 2 mobs totally wrecked up the pet in single blows.

ive only been 3 times, and different thing happend each time, i would be interesed to know too :)

:-

1) I went in to pull GS, adds popped, I legged it out of the room. The adds merged and after some investigation I worked out that he couldnt leave the chamber, couldnt even see anyone outside the chamber. So I lured him to the entrance archway and killed him with pet. Ranger would have been nice to try... Then focused GS inside chamber and got no more pops.

2). Focused GS and no adds popped, Killed GS and the add popped attacked and died in a matter of seconds ( I think a lvl 40 ish hero migh have hit him once :)

3). Focused GS and my only flippin druid LD when GS was on 10% health (arrrgh!), the lack of buffs ment pet died in seconds, the adds popped when pet died and killed us.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Gargo-
lol... no really... LOL

Dont waste your time focus pulling him.. takes so long it makes you wanna cry..
And when you get pops as GS falls to 0%... that MAKES you cry :(

Tanks for this 1 imo :D ;)

aye beginning to think that tank grp + animist is the way togo :)

N

-Nuked-

yea we did it (almost) with 2 chanters 3 druids 1 ment something else :p cant remember what! didnt need pots, but we got it down so you couldnt even see hp and mobs poped! took about 2hours for that! GAY GAY GAY

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Gargo-
we did use pots :p

and for god sake dont use insta-pots. I tried 3 out last run, stupid long item use timer so you cant even use a normal pot for ages, and not much better.

Strong elixir 4teh win.

and Strong elixr doesnt take loot like a 2nd chanter does ;)

K

Khalen

Ah k thought it was something stupid again we keep running into from time to time. And that spawn before killing summoner is quite hard. (When the 2 mobs are merged into 1 mob) Takes some time too to kill with group. Been killing summoner with a tank group and it works quite well, just takes time though.

Setup:

2 Clerics (maybe more buffbots)
1 Mincers (depending on amount of groups, but 1 mincer for main group to twist power + ablative)
1 Theurg (PBT for the win ofc and earth pets)
1 Paladin (Can't say it enough end chant rockzorz)

You can fill the rest up with tanks, preferably dual wielders or shield tanks. Now and then we brought a necro too and although it's quite usefull it ain't necessary (summoner keeps hitting hard still and if he's pissed he keeps dual hitting).

We've killed it a few times now with just 1 Maingroup and some adds (around 10 people). I still hope the day we have a 3 cloak drop ;) (Had a 3 bracer drop so far).

And the mob who spawns after Summoner is dead is easy ;) he drops usually some envenom jewel and some ring (rings are quite nice imo). The RoG drops so far I've seen in the dungeon are nice too. I think we had some uber int belt with 27 int or something and some resists and hits (having a util higher then scurceol I think). Although the bonus % is most of the times 0 :( (Hope they fix that to be honest).

A nice mob to hunt as a FG+some more. The bit weird thing is that the smaller summoners > grand summoner imo (2 of them are very hard once had 30+ people there and all died by one of those summoners).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom