News Focus DIY Administration

rynnor

Rockhound
By the way, for those who have shopped in FOCUS stores, when did their stock range and product availability fall? If it was inline with the recession, that would indicate that then insurers pulled their credit insurance, stopping focus being able to buy from suppliers. This has been the death knell of many a retailer, and no one ever points a finger at the insurance companies.

They werent doing well when their industry was booming = hopeless case.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
By the way, for those who have shopped in FOCUS stores, when did their stock range and product availability fall? If it was inline with the recession, that would indicate that then insurers pulled their credit insurance, stopping focus being able to buy from suppliers. This has been the death knell of many a retailer, and no one ever points a finger at the insurance companies.

I don't go in very often, but their stock was never great. It is a bit like the bastard child of Homebase and B&Q, it tries to be part of both of their markets but does neither very well.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well the quality of B&Q and Homebase products is shocking, and their price point massively inflated, yet they get away with it some how :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
To be honest I've always found Focus to be a bit rubbish. While I detest going into B&Q I can at least usually find what I'm looking for.

I'm not going to comment about GAME because I'll get all wound up about it, HMV probably won't even see another year. Waterstones have already gone from Ireland, and other than one good bookshop in Dublin, all we're left with is Easons, which is the Irish version of Smiths, and trust me, that's no substitute for a decent bookstore. If you want the latest Maeve Binchy I'm sure they're fine, but anything other than chart, forget it, which is a shame, becuase sometimes you just want an impulse purchase rather than wait for a delivery, and the ebook market isn't mature enough to offer a decent range (in the UK/Ireland at least) either.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Amazon for everything tbh, books is just obvious. The amount I save on nappies is staggering. Yes, huge boxes of Pampers delivered free to your door for less than the best supermarket offers ever.

Internet > Shops.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
btw - is Gamestation likely to fold too ? I have a £30 gift card from trading in GT5 :)

DaGaffer

btw - is Gamestation likely to fold too ? I have a £30 gift card from trading in GT5 :)

If GAME goes, Gamestation goes with it. And I think one or two people of our aquaintance will be more worried about jobs than gift cards...

DaGaffer

Amazon for everything tbh, books is just obvious. The amount I save on nappies is staggering. Yes, huge boxes of Pampers delivered free to your door for less than the best supermarket offers ever.

Internet > Shops.

Just checked that. Lidl nappies are cheaper (I know, you think "Lidl? Eww" but their nappies are better than Pampers. I've had a lot of preconceptions turned over since I became a parent).

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Just checked that. Lidl nappies are cheaper (I know, you think "Lidl? Eww" but their nappies are better than Pampers. I've had a lot of preconceptions turned over since I became a parent).

Why would you be buying nappies before becoming a parent? you sicko

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Do they do adult sizes?...........just asking

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Most things are better and cheaper in lidl. Meat, chocolate are two great examples.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Most things are better and cheaper in lidl. Meat, chocolate are two great examples.

Aldi aswell imo.

People laugh and critise it because of the cheapness, but I find many many things better and much nicer in Aldi. Afterall, its the German M&S. Same with Lidl actually, and they are both related ;p

oh, and Aldi beans > ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL other beans

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If GAME goes, Gamestation goes with it. And I think one or two people of our aquaintance will be more worried about jobs than gift cards...

That's very true, yes. I was just thinking of myself, but I am being made redundant myself at the end of the month so I've got a decent excuse :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter

I don't have a Lidl nearby. The Mrs would probably shout at me for trying to be cheap with our kids' bottoms anyway. She's funny like that :)

DaGaffer

I don't have a Lidl nearby. The Mrs would probably shout at me for trying to be cheap with our kids' bottoms anyway. She's funny like that :)

As am I. My natural instinct is to turn my nose up at the likes of Lidl and I was very much "my angel will have the best of everything", but the missus is a bit more pragmatic, and all the women in the Mum's mafia (a shadowy cabal of women with offspring born in the same month who meet up on some thing called...Face...book?), compare notes on this shit have decreed Lidl is the best. And with my now extensive babyshit removal experience, I have to agree.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
As am I. My natural instinct is to turn my nose up at the likes of Lidl and I was very much "my angel will have the best of everything", but the missus is a bit more pragmatic, and all the women in the Mum's mafia (a shadowy cabal of women with offspring born in the same month who meet up on some thing called...Face...book?), compare notes on this shit have decreed Lidl is the best. And with my now extensive babyshit removal experience, I have to agree.

My Mrs only listens to her Mum :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom