Focus absorb shields

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
sound nice, can see a bit of abuse at DF entance and PKs, or even from inside keeps.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Except that the shielded char can't do anything except move...

Sigurd

Banned
Only use I see for it is a healer casting it on themself as an assist train approaches whilst the tanks hammer away at the opposing group's support?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Now that you mention it I suppose Buffbots could just 'auto-defend' themselves at the PK from kamakazi zergs. I know it doesn't happen often and when it does its nothing more than a 5-10min wait to get the bot back to the PK but still...

Oh, sombody mentioned in the RvR foums how this could be used to combat /assist trains. Sounds like a good idea, but tbh i'm not expecting much. Chances are it'll either be nerfed or difficult to cast in situations where it would be useful.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the power drain is such that it doesn't last very long...

it's probably quite good for protecting casters - a tank is likely to turn around and fight if the assist train targets them, but a caster usually will just run like hell - as long as they run around the buffer they're ok ;)

sounds like a reason to spec high enhance and actually leave the PK other than to ress a stealther - something that's been lacking.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
if you have to cast this on yourself then you can't heal, of course most mids will only have 1 character able to cast this, and they are the main End bot of the group so will mean they can just sit there being healed only taking 30% damage, does anyone know if mezz or stun stops it, also can focus be interupted.

I remeber caster requesting something like this to help give them serviability. I'd like to see 100% reflective shield procs stun, mezz, root shields for some casters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom