Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Paladin:

say 340 str
say 200 qui
Weapon DPS 16.2
Weapon speed 4.1

What would be the difference in damage in 29 and 39 slash
and if possible, the miss-rate difference too ;)
thanks in advantage

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Sorry I cant help as I am no mathematician, but I do know one thing!

I LIKE 3.14!
yum!

(sorry for wasting your time)

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on target af/abs and also chance to block/parry/evade etc, so there's no definitive answer

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
surely there must be a definitive answer on the damage difference on 39 slash and 29 slash :p

If all were the same, except for the 29 and 39 slash, that would be the answer

Espen

Banned
ok ill be the math-genious here...

39 slash...
29 slash...
----------

the difference is.... well if you set 39 as X and 29 as Y then you can put it into a equation... X - Y

so the answer is....

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Funny.... But not an answer to my question :p

I didnt ask whats the difference in 29 and 39 slash
I did ask whats the damage difference in 29 and 39 slash

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Outlander said:
Sorry I cant help as I am no mathematician, but I do know one thing!

I LIKE 3.14!
yum!

(sorry for wasting your time)

Hmm, 3.14 is tasty :cool:

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:
Funny.... But not an answer to my question :p

I didnt ask whats the difference in 29 and 39 slash
I did ask whats the damage difference in 29 and 39 slash

what is a "damage"? Please define it formally before u raise the question.

- u'll get bout 7% ws (on rr3 and with +11 from items), unstyled dmg cap will get raised correspondingly;
- damage variation will be greatly lowered (considering that with 39 in weapon spec u'll be able to get over 50 with items and rr);
- less hits would be missed/blocked/evaded/parried vs appropriated targets.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
OK, I thought people could figure it out, but ill try to explain what I mean

What would my Cap damage be with 29+x slash with the given numbers already mentioned

What would my Cap damage be with 39+x slash with the given numbers already mentioned

What would my Weaponskill be with 29+x slash with the given numbers already mentioned

What would my Weaponskill be with 39+x slash with the given numbers already mentioned

x = 13

How much does the difference in weaponspeed mean in chance to hit with the given numbers already mentioned

yurithegreat

Banned
considering it`s 50/50 at lvl 50 with 50 slash i`d say the chance to hit would be 29% for 29 slash skill and 39% for 39

doesn`t dps go on lvl aswell tho? (example: lvl 25 using a lvl 50 wep would have 8.1dps on a wep with 16.2dps and 2.0 wep speed)

weapon dps 16.2 for 29 skill it would be at a guess 14.1?
39 skill about 15.0??

*shrugs* that long since i played i could be wrong

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
yurithegreat said:
considering it`s 50/50 at lvl 50 with 50 slash i`d say the chance to hit would be 29% for 29 slash skill and 39% for 39

doesn`t dps go on lvl aswell tho? (example: lvl 25 using a lvl 50 wep would have 8.1dps on a wep with 16.2dps and 2.0 wep speed)

weapon dps 16.2 for 29 skill it would be at a guess 14.1?
39 skill about 15.0??

*shrugs* that long since i played i could be wrong

Yes, this is all wrong.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:

What would my Cap damage be with 29+x slash with the given numbers already mentioned

What would my Cap damage be with 39+x slash with the given numbers already mentioned

What would my Weaponskill be with 29+x slash with the given numbers already mentioned

What would my Weaponskill be with 39+x slash with the given numbers already mentioned

x = 13

How much does the difference in weaponspeed mean in chance to hit with the given numbers already mentioned

We are not Mythic employees, nor are we the DAoC engine. We cannot give you an answer that's correct because we do not know the formulea behind it. There are a lot more factors than just Slash skill, and Weaponskill is not even used, it's just a number combined from various stats to give you an idea how well you're doing.

Remember, things like your Strength, bonus on your weapon, bonus on the enemies armor, level differences, etc will all affect your damage. The best way you can figure these things out is by testing it yourself. Get yourself 2 respec stones, and test both specs.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Cruhar said:

x = 13

211damage
211damage
appr. 1395ws
appr. 1489ws

miss/block/evade/parry rate depends on the target

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
PS. Ofc i meant unstyled dmg cap answering 1st and 2nd issues, styled dmg cap depends on spec and style gr. But 1h unstyled dmg cap function contains only weapon speed and dps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom