FOA Kemor!

1234Taz

This isnt a flame or anything but im sure alot of people will agree with me.

For the last couple of days anyone could log on gorre start a class and get it to level 24 by click the special trainer and then go RvR in emain or the BGs without worrying about couple weeks exp grind and didnt worry about testing differnt realms/specs etc...

Now because the event was tested today you took the trainers out, why? they wasnt hurting no one nor was they taking mass amounts of players of the normal server. I my self would exp in the day log on gorre and have couple hours fun.

Please could you put the trianers back in even if its only on weekends or something or when no patchs are been tested.

Please Please put them back in. ;) ;)

M

Mr TNT

i agree 100% but leave it up full time :) was great fun that

I

ImLestat

I'm signing under this. Bring them back. It's not as if you are leveling them to 50 anyway. And the chars will be gone anyway each time the database is wiped.

V

Vaci

Aye, i thought it was stressless fun also, bring em back!

Playtesting is fun that way, you can have feedback forums or something :p

B

Blood

i agree, it allowed us players to test out alot of new classes, without having the level them up.

Xxxx
Sorceror - Cleric - Healer

Also i think a character copier to Gorre would be a great idea... then it wouldnt matter if prydwen isnt choosen for gorre testing, cause we could copy our chars over and test new things like RA respecs.

D

deadparrot

Yeh had great fun on there today, testing classes to see what I liked rvr.
I wasnt going to lvl up any more alts because of the mind numbing bordom in brings just getting to bg's lvl, but i'm gonna start a cabalist alt again, they're great rvr, cabalistic :D

I also realised i'm usless at playing any stealth classes :(

Damn, hooked to this game again :m00:

O

orm-

Please put in a Special Trainer for level 50 please :p
No, seriously. I think it would benefit GOA and Mythic to do so, this because the players have a chance to try what class they want in RvR and what speccs etc. If only for a week or so it would be really effecient, instead of players levling a char to 50 only to find out it's not really their thing in RvR and then quitting the game.

A lot of people's 2 cents.

T

_tindel_

also agree's to this, altho Vac's shadbowblade should been nerfed! :p

O

old.Thiralith

agree here, special trainer should be kept, and also a character copying from prydwen would be nice.

T

_tindel_

Niar on Gorre? NO THANKS :D altho I play alb there so ok ;P

O

old.Verata

RE: The special trainer

Sorry, guys, but it probably isn't going to happen.

GOA use Gorre for things like private script tests and having 300 random people running around interfering and/or using the scripts isn't going to help them at all.

Let's just enjoy these treats when they happen to pop up :)

J

Jexa

Probably not, but you have to let the people dream :D

B

Blood

Originally posted by old.Verata
RE: The special trainer

Sorry, guys, but it probably isn't going to happen.

GOA use Gorre for things like private script tests and having 300 random people running around interfering and/or using the scripts isn't going to help them at all.

Let's just enjoy these treats when they happen to pop up :)

uhm i think you are wrong, remember GOA picks the largest server for testing (wouldnt be far streatch to say its because that will get them the most testers), also im sure that if GOA wants to test out scripts, they can do it a place no one goes (like the bottom of Cursed Tomb)

O

old.Willis

i agree

i want my skald level 24 ;(. and try another class

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.Blood|Prydwen

uhm i think you are wrong, remember GOA picks the largest server for testing (wouldnt be far streatch to say its because that will get them the most testers), also im sure that if GOA wants to test out scripts, they can do it a place no one goes (like the bottom of Cursed Tomb)

Nope - Verata is correct - alot of the stuff they will test on Gorre between the main 'new patch testing' is event or content related scripts and such... these need to be tested in the locations they will be run in production. I think GOA said they have over 200 of their own added NPCs in the realms now... that takes a reasonable amount of effort and testing.

Besides - keeping the trainer there will just mean people will get on, take different characters to 24 then rush directly for the BGs to see how uber they can be there with that spec... where is the testing value for GOA in that? They need the players from the given server database to play their normal characters on Gorre and watch for differences or bugs.....

P

Psy|:m00:

And being able to create 50 characters would mean that people could just race through all the classes in the game and become bored faster

I

ImLestat

Jupitus: You are partly right, but also partly wrong. For the first the database is always pulled from Excal, which limits the testers somewhat. I never log in with my 1X level chars on Gorre from the Excal database. Second, even if the special trainers lead to rushing to the bg (in which matter I think you are right) it still is testing. It might not be testing all the aspects of the game, but at least some. And having more people on the server means that at least those parts gets tested more thoroughly. Third, it is still possible to play those level 50s from the Excal database, and that is probably what I would do if I had a level 50 on Gorre now and then. Also, I don't think there are many people from the normal subscribers that thoroughly test every aspect of each new patch, and I don't think that it will change because of the special trainers being there or not.

As for testing the scripts on Gorre: Maybe for large scale testing they do that, like the Thidranki test last night. I always thought they tested the scripts on internal servers usually, ones we can't reach...?

J

Jupitus

Well I agree with more rotation of databases, allowing Prydwen chars a go more often, and its obvious that not everything is going to be tested, but I still don't see alot of value in keeping the trainers and having everyone testing in just one area effectively. I do think the fact that GOA seem to be inviting people for specific testing purposes is a sign that they are actively pursuing better ways to test certain things and I would expect that they will consider all aspects through this process.

At the end of the day, we ALL benefit from having good solid testing going on on Gorre, as it ought to speed up the patching process overall. I don't think clamouring for gimmicks on BW is going to reap much of a reward though :)

Jup.

R

razorboy

We all knew from the start of daoc eu that exca was a primary server, bit normal then that that one is the 'testers db' server.

Tho I wouldn't like it myself if I was prydwen :p

I

inqy

Originally posted by Psy|:m00:
And being able to create 50 characters would mean that people could just race through all the classes in the game and become bored faster

seeing how shallow the game is immediately, is a bad thing?

O

old.Krypt0r

Aint gona have a arguement over if they should be in what GOA do with Gorre and whatnot,

my vote is put the trainers back,

It's like opening a new game imo playing anouther class, if you like the class you can go back to prydwen/excal and start that char are meybe lvl it to 50.

Anyway I aint gona get into it all so.. BRING SPECIAL TRAINER BACK :p

G

Generic Poster

Let's not kid ourselves here, players don't want the special trainers to test for bugs in Thidranki... they want it for the entertainment factor!

Basically, if it doesn't get in the way of normal Gorre operations, it would be a nice incentive to open this playground for us.

I want to test various Hibernian classes, but I'm stuck in Alb/Pryd and Mid/Ex
+ I don't speak French or German

Even if it's only one day a week.. it would rock :D

K

klavrynd

i must say that post-event rvr was better then most rvr on prydwen. I had a jolly good time

O

orlan

i couldnt disagree more.. if u wanna try a class lvl it up,.. else gorre would be 1 big BG server... no one would bother to make a alt on prydwen ie. to fight in bg.. so keep the special trainers away from daoc / gorre. now we enjoyed it the last 2-4 days but its not a good thing to have instant lvl trainers. :(

W

wolvon fury

BUMPAGE FOR TRAINER

I got to try a cabalist, and that class rocks!!

T

Tobold

let just wait for 1.53, get 50, then make free level 20+ chars :)

O

old.Krypt0r

sdf

Bring back Special Trainer!!! !111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

C

Cymroo

yes, i only got to tets an infil :)

bring them back please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom