FM2005 - Who has got it?

mank!

Part of the furniture
I got it yesterday and I've started my first game as Real Madrid. A nice easy game to ease myself into the new layout, interface and updated features. I downloaded a tactic, tweaked it to suit my players slightly and now I'm unsurprisingly storming La Liga. I didn't play the demo because I wanted the full impact of the game in it's completed state and I'm very impressed. The game runs smoothly and despite only playing for about 9 hours in total, I'm at Christmas in my first season. The game isn't as sluggish as CM03/04 felt either.

My only complaint was that the looney midfielder thing doesn't seem to have changed much, unless it's something to do with the player making runs from central midfield is Zidane...

Gray

FH is my second home
Ive got... Cant stop playin it :/. Finished my first season as Everton in 8th, and got em into the Euro cup, won the VASE Euro Final and beat Inter 4-1 to get into the group stages.

Second season isnt going well, apart from in Europe, ive just tried my own Training Sessions - I cant remember much about them from CM4, got a shit loads of injuries now (Bollocks!) and fighting at the lower half of the table

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I have it too. First time I have picked up a Football Management game since 93/94ish (when Villa were a top Premiership team *remembers fondly*). Haven't played it too much, though, because I picked up Dawn of War at the same time and that really is the dog's best bits.

Sunday Oliseh is, imo, one of the best and cheapest midfielders in the game and well worth signing (Championship Manager that is, not DoW :) )

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I'm completely hooked. :( I'm already in 2009 with Arsenal. (Got sacked once and had to make a new user cus they wouldn't give me my job back. :p)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Have to confess to just doing a very very naughty thing. Made a dummy manager named Peter Kenyon who took over at Chelsea, paid £50 million (still leaves them with £39 million!!!) for Darius Vassell, and just let Villa beat them 15-0 at home before resigning.

Words fail to describe my dislike for Chelski - and my dirty deeds have given me a warm glow in side ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Everyone I know is talking about this. Gonna have to pick it up myself.

mank!

Part of the furniture
This is using a fairly standard 4-4-2 tactic. I think the game might be a little too easy.

realmadrid10-0getafe.jpg

Marc

FH is my second home
Sign Teves. He was fckin awesome on season 03/04. Hes even better in FM2005.

Yardoa

Fledgling Freddie
Guys can you help please?

we have a 50/50 situation here at work.

some think the FM2005 has replaced CM03/04, others think its the CM5 coming out shortly.

which fecking one is it????

thanks.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
The people who coded the CM series (Sports interactive) have coded this. They couldn't use CM because the publishing house they split with has the name and are developing it with another software house (dunno who).

Gray

FH is my second home
Dont know...

Ive been reading on SiGames Forums because ive been having problems were my team has sitters to score, but miss the mark completely...

Looks like it maybe a bug because they arent passing in the box or somethin? Even tho it would be set too...

Sucks :/ I score maybe 1 a game were the other team scores the same :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
mank said:
This is using a fairly standard 4-4-2 tactic. I think the game might be a little too easy.

realmadrid10-0getafe.jpg

That's not over the top at all. You'd expect a world class team with the best players in the world to batter shite like Getafe. Especially if they're being managed well and have a good run of morale behind them.

When I get my free copy I'll have a look and see if my uber Ajax tactic still works. If it does, you will bow.

Marc

FH is my second home
Hey Mank

Whats Juanfran like? When I start a new game, i spend ages scouting the world for young players. I signed juanfran at the start of the new season and put him in my reserves (arsenal). Is he any good?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I got sacked again in 2010! Once you win everything the board and fans expect so much, I came 2nd in the league and won the FA cup, but they were "very disappointed" with my performance due to winning like everything the season before. I can't keep my squad happy. Ibrahimavic isn't happy playing second fiddle to Henry, Torres and Defoe. :p

I've started a league playing as Brentford now (my local) does anyone know any decent youngsters, or can recommend any good signings for any team? Alot of the ones from CM 03/04 are shit now. :p

I usually buy Adu, Cerci, Kompany and Downing. All young and turn into decent players but don't play Kompany in the first team to much because he becomes unable to handle it and asks to leave the club.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Oh and does anyone have a decent training schedule?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Dammit, they changed my credited title. It should be Assistant Team Lead.

Scumbags ! :p

mank!

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
Hey Mank

Whats Juanfran like? When I start a new game, i spend ages scouting the world for young players. I signed juanfran at the start of the new season and put him in my reserves (arsenal). Is he any good?

Difficult to tell but he looks promising, played a few games for me last season but I've loaned him out to Valladolid for this season, I'm hoping he'll get some regular first team action under his belt. He's got good stats in passing, dribbling, creativity and off the ball but he's only got a 10 for crossing and his physical attributes aren't fantastic yet, but he's only 20.

I want to know what Wazz did :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Freddy Adu - American youth player, but serious amounts of skill. If you can get him a work permit he's well worth the poultry few quid you'll have to pay to his club.

Marc

FH is my second home
do you need to either...

run mls as secondary division or

use the highest database system

to find freddy adu? I use second biggest database but cant find him.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
mank - was on the test team as justyn's assistant, mostly testing, partly sorting out and organising other testers. Have been on most of the releases since 01/02 on Xbox. Wasn't on 03/04 though as I was with SEGA at this point, and no longer with SI. The SEGA/SI partnership followed me, cos I rule. *cough* :p

Juanfran's ok but he never turns out amazing afaik.

Marc - if you can't find him, when you're creating a game load players from USA - and he'll deffo be there whatever db size.

Gray

FH is my second home
Bollocks, purchased Dédé for my Everton squad as its hard to find a decent lest sided defender, got him at end of first season, didnt play a match yet and now Chelsea have just poached him with the Sell-Out clause.

Hope he rejects

Waaankeers

Marc

FH is my second home
Signed a defender from Milan called Coloccini. Only 22. Played 14 games for me, scored 11 goals. Hes awesome. Is anyone finding this game really easy?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Far too easy, i've only lost one game so far and that was to arsenal who i then beat 2-0 next game with a worse team (even though Arsenal diddnt have berghkamp.)

Will see how it ends at the season though.

Gray

FH is my second home
Gah

Won the league with Everton in second season (Rah!) and then i get fucked over, at the end of the season i had about £15m, Ronaldo come onto the transfer list as his contract wasnt protected, when the new season started the board took all my money and gave me like £7m.

Ronaldo accepted a wage of £70k, failed to join and next time wanted £110k

FS. :/

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I got to the premiership with Brentford! (And then got relegated straight after) :(

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Have been obsessed with it since the day it came out. Was playing it last night after a hefty session in the pub. Loaded it this morning to find myself with an extra 5 goalies.

Bugger.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Still as Arsenal in 15/16 season, am now the greatest football manager of all time. Top of all hall of fames, won most trophies. Still going strong.

9 Premierships
4 Champions Leagues
4 FA Cups
1 League Cup
3 Club World Championships

21 trophies in 14 seaons, not too shabby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom